Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is our Defense better than the Offense???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is our Defense better than the Offense???

I would've never thought this, but maybe they are. We look good and get better every week, so I 'm happy either way. But somehow, every week I see someone on the offense making a horrible play, and Peyton does his routine hands to his helmet in disbelief from a MacGahee fumble, Decker drop or wide open trip up, Willis running the wrong route and kicked off the field (funniest thing I've seen this year) etc. We're still putting up good #s, 3rd in passing, but this defense seems to be coming together quicker than the offense.

The defense is currently 6th in total defense and 1st in sacks. 6 defensive touchdowns, which seems to going under the radar. I'll admit, I wasn't sure about what Del Rio was doing early in the year, but from what I'm seeing, he's earning his check and Von Miller is being RELEASED!!! Wolfe is a monster,the LBs are making plays and Chris Harriss and Tony Carter are playing out of their mind. I'm excited for what the team looks like, when the offense gets it together.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 11-16-2012, 06:48 AM.

i say the defense right now their playing lights out last 4 games everybody is contributing heck vickerson n ayers were makin plays sunday n harris n carter playin great to just hope it continues...

the offense has to stop the turnovers had at least 1 in every game, the drops to both decker n DT are up high in drops...if we could clean this up will be even more potent n be able to start faster...

Comment

That D is Deadly with a lead... The O is doing what they have to do, if McGahee can lock-up the ball and we play this type of D, we're gonna be hard to beat..

honestly, the big tet will be the Ravens
      A super bowl victory is the only thing that matters in a season. So to show improvement you have to get closer than we were last year. So the AFCC game is a good answer if we only match what we did last year it is a failure. The Giants were 9-7 and won it all so record or first round bye mean nothing unless you win it all-

#87Birdman wrote it- adding Manning, the Broncos should be held to it, and certain posters think otherwise and we know who you are.....

Comment

In short, no.

Offensive ranks:

3rd in pts. 3rd in yards. 3rd in pass yards. 21st in rush yards

Defensive ranks:

10th in pts. 6th in yards. 11th in pass yards. 10th in rush yards.
        sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

the offense needs to run it better sunday than we have the past 2 weeks only avg. about 66yds...but the biggest improvement i see on the defense is on 3rd down were finally getting off the field alot more often than we did in earlier part of the season...

Comment

I think we have the best offense in the NFL. Do I think we have the best defense in the NFL? I think we're good, but I wouldn't say we're the best.
            sigpic
            Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I think we have the best offense in the NFL. Do I think we have the best defense in the NFL? I think we're good, but I wouldn't say we're the best.
              Our running game needs to hit their stride and I think we're definitely in the discussion for best offense. The defense is one of the best when we have a lead and we can play aggressively.

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                In short, no.

Offensive ranks:

3rd in pts. 3rd in yards. 3rd in pass yards. 21st in rush yards

Defensive ranks:

10th in pts. 6th in yards. 11th in pass yards. 10th in rush yards.
                In short, the statistics do not put into context who we have played compared to the rest of the league.

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

The defense playing Great in the recent games. That is partly because they know their offense can score and hence play fast and aggressive. As long as Offense doesn't fumble, Broncos are in every game and poised to win every game !!

Comment

Originally posted by JillA View Post
                    The defense playing Great in the recent games. That is partly because they know their offense can score and hence play fast and aggressive. As long as Offense doesn't fumble, Broncos are in every game and poised to win every game !!
                    Turnovers in general, INTs lost us the game against Atlanta.

Comment

Yes, TO in general. But in recent games, it is the fumbles that is the problem. INTs are already minimized. That was when Peyton was not in sync. I believe he is now.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainStateBronco View Post
                        Our running game needs to hit their stride and I think we're definitely in the discussion for best offense. The defense is one of the best when we have a lead and we can play aggressively.
                        I can agree with that. I think we have a pretty good running game. It may not be elite, but it's good enough to give us a balanced attack.

I think there are certain aspects of our defense that are as good as any out there, like our pass defense. However, even though our run has been good at times statistically, it still struggles at times.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by champ&dreallday View Post
                          ...this defense seems to be coming together quicker than the offense.
                          Defense better than offense, no...but ^^^ I agree with.
                          My other love...
                          sigpic
                          305 HP / 273 TQ / SH-AWD / 6MT

Comment

The turnovers are what have been slowing the offense down. I have to say that it is really close but our offense is actually better. Take away the turnovers and we are scoring 40+ points a game. Even with all of our turnovers we are still ranked 3 so that is pretty darn good.

Comment

The turnovers are what have been slowing the offense down. I have to say that it is really close but our offense is actually better. Take away the turnovers and we are scoring 40+ points a game. Even with all of our turnovers we are still ranked 3 so that is pretty darn good. Don't get me wrong though our Defense is playing lights out also.

Comment

Working...
                              X