X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Decker on Mike and Mike this morning

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8638755
    I support Kaepernick 100%

I think the comments Decker made reveals something about the mentality of James Harrison. When asked whether he would prefer to get hit in the head or in the knee Decker stated he would rather get hit in the chest or waist area.

Let's examine that a little further. Decker is essentially saying he would rather get hit with a textbook tackle. That's what a textbook tackle is. Hit them in the midsection and try to wrap up. This is also how you dislodge a ball from a receiver.

Harrison's attitude is that he's going to try to hurt you. He's got a thug attitude and should be barred from the game if he continues the skirting of the rules in an attempt to hurt people.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

I agree with your assessment of Troy P. but I completely disagree with your opinion of Harrison. I think he's out to hurt people. Harrison himself suggested he went after the knees because he couldn't go after the head.

Hmmm, he must have deleted his post.
      sigpic

Comment

Harrison plays the game how it's supposed to be played. I have nothing against the guy at all. Wish he was on the broncos.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
          Harrison plays the game how it's supposed to be played. I have nothing against the guy at all. Wish he was on the broncos.
          I respect your opinion. I usually enjoy your posts, but I'm going to respectfully disagree. I know he plays tough and hard, but I firmly believe he tries to injure people. I don't believe that's the way the game is suppose to be played.

Steve Atwater is one the greatest and most feared hitters to have ever played the game, but I never once got the impression he was trying to injure people.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
            I respect your opinion. I usually enjoy your posts, but I'm going to respectfully disagree. I know he plays tough and hard, but I firmly believe he tries to injure people. I don't believe that's the way the game is suppose to be played.

Steve Atwater is one the greatest and most feared hitters to have ever played the game, but I never once got the impression he was trying to injure people.
            I appreciate the compliment but how do you think Atwater would fare in today's game? He would be paying quite a few fines imo.

I don't know if Harrison plays to hurt people. I know he plays fast and hard. With the speed of the game it's tough to avoid helmet to helmet hits. I think Goodell has villianized him and used him as a poster boy of what's not appropriate.
            sigpic

Comment

I appreciate the compliment but how do you think Atwater would fare in today's game? He would be paying quite a few fines imo.

I don't know if Harrison plays to hurt people. I know he plays fast and hard. With the speed of the game it's tough to avoid helmet to helmet hits. I think Goodell has villianized him and used him as a poster boy of what's not appropriate.
              I agree that Atwater would be paying fines, but I don't think he was ever considered dirty like some of the big hitting safeties.

I can see why you would think that, but my opinion of Harrison is shaped as much by interviews with him as his play on the field. The man stated that he was going to go after knees because helmets were off limits. That's pretty cut and dry to me.
              sigpic

Comment

I can see why you would think that, but my opinion of Harrison is shaped as much by interviews with him as his play on the field. The man stated that he was going to go after knees because helmets were off limits. That's pretty cut and dry to me.
                I see what you're saying but I think he said that out of frustration of being fined so many times. A lot of helmet to helmet hits are perceived to be so when the player is actually hitting the chest.
                sigpic

Comment

Harrison is old and always injured now, but in his prime I would take him too. I love nasty hits, just not when they happen to my team.

Comment

Then I offer a scenario to gauge some perspective...

Take a linebacker, playing in a preseason game, notices the QB scrambles and dives out of bounds, already being tackled. As he slides out of bounds, this linebacker lowers his head in the QB's back.

Given he is clearly down and not going for any further yards, and it's a preseason game, how would you rate this linebacker's play? Fair, borderline dirty, out to hurt?

I think we can only make opinions based on the scenario, so no right or wrong answer, but curious what you think.

Obviously this happened in Preseason week 3 a few years back. Orton was a our starting QB, the linebacker was Harrison.

Comment

I agree that Atwater would be paying fines, but I don't think he was ever considered dirty like some of the big hitting safeties.

It's like that saying, if you listen carefully to what a man says, you usually can tell what his intentions are. But, Harrison just seems to want to tempt/agitate just for the heck of it. Sorry James, you are not bigger than the NFL.
                      HE>i

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
                        Then I offer a scenario to gauge some perspective...

Take a linebacker, playing in a preseason game, notices the QB scrambles and dives out of bounds, already being tackled. As he slides out of bounds, this linebacker lowers his head in the QB's back.

Given he is clearly down and not going for any further yards, and it's a preseason game, how would you rate this linebacker's play? Fair, borderline dirty, out to hurt?

I think we can only make opinions based on the scenario, so no right or wrong answer, but curious what you think.

Obviously this happened in Preseason week 3 a few years back. Orton was a our starting QB, the linebacker was Harrison.
                        These men get paid kings ransoms for playing a child's game. They are well aware of the risks. If I had the skill set I would switch with them any day of the week. Catching passes for the broncos far exceeds my willingness to renew service contracts.

I understand the need to be safe but as I said the risks are known. James Harrison plays hard. I can always respect effort.
                        sigpic

Comment

These men get paid kings ransoms for playing a child's game. They are well aware of the risks. If I had the skill set I would switch with them any day of the week. Catching passes for the broncos far exceeds my willingness to renew service contracts.

I understand the need to be safe but as I said the risks are known. James Harrison plays hard. I can always respect effort.
                          I don't think his effort is in question. Like AL said, when you come out and clearly say that you are going to hit someone in the knees and take away their livelihood, that is definitely not right. His intentions are all wrong.
                          HE>i

Comment

One's paycheck does not justify intent to hurt and or harm others and as such is not relevant. Take an everyday example, everyone knows the risks of driving their car but being hit by a drunk driver, for example, doesn't make the accident ok. And that person's intent may not be to harm, and you know the risks, but yet, it's not ok.

Given, football is just a game, and all players are aware of the risks, but that doesn't mean it's ok for one player to knowingly attempt to hurt another.

Comment

No one actually tries to injure other players. Maybe hurt them to knock them out a few plays or so but not injure them.

Atwater used to punish!!! People. He played no differently than harrison he just happened to play in a day of age when they werent playing two hand touch.

Comment

Working...
                              X