No announcement yet.

Eric Decker on Mike and Mike this morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=JW7;4579003]I appreciate the compliment but how do you think Atwater would fare in today's game? He would be paying quite a few fines imo.

How many fines would Jack Tatum pay if he still played today. Jack Lambert could have almost support the NFL offices with his fines, if he played today. Harrison or Atwater isn't any more physical than those guys. I really wonder when they are going to convert the NFL to flag football!

Comment

I just don't think Harrison is going out there to end careers. Football is a violent game. Youre fooling yourself if you think players aren't out there to hurt the other players. That's the job of the defense.

I don't follow your point on the drunk driver. Like at my office job, if someone everyday was trying to take me out at the knees and physically hurt me I would gladly accept it if I was getting paid a million dollar salary.

Haha, I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, it has been a long week. Go broncos!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        I just don't think Harrison is going out there to end careers. Football is a violent game. Youre fooling yourself if you think players aren't out there to hurt the other players. That's the job of the defense.

I don't follow your point on the drunk driver. Like at my office job, if someone everyday was trying to take me out at the knees and physically hurt me I would gladly accept it if I was getting paid a million dollar salary.

Haha, I don't really know what I'm trying to say here, it has been a long week. Go broncos!!

He might not be trying to end careers, but didn't he say he just wanted to "knock somebody out for a few plays, or maybe a game". I believe the dude has said he use to try to knock guys unconscious.

Whether or not people want to admit it there has been an undercurrent of bad intentions in this game. It's not just players. There are coaches out there that coach dirty play. They coach hitting knees, hitting the head, and late hitting.

I know this first hand. It's why my son didn't play last year. There's an old fashioned "good old boy\thug attitude" among some people in the game that is completely unnecessary.

I'm not necessarily directing all of this at you. I'm saying some of this because of posts I've read in the thread. There are absolutely people in the game that want to injure other people, not just hit them hard.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          There are absolutely people in the game that want to injure other people, not just hit them hard.
          I agree with you. I don't think it belongs in the game and do not encourage it but there will always be players who have that mentality. Football will always be a violent game by nature. What I was getting at earlier is that players know the risks. One of the risks is knowing there are players out there who don't want to hit hard but injure you.

I didn't listen to the interview with Decker or heard what was said in regards to Harrison. I just feel like he has a bulls-eye on his back and he is the subject of some unfair calls. It's like they see a hard hit and the number 92 and throw the flag right away. I think he has been the subject of some unfair fines due to his reputation.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
            I agree with you. I don't think it belongs in the game and do not encourage it but there will always be players who have that mentality. Football will always be a violent game by nature. What I was getting at earlier is that players know the risks. One of the risks is knowing there are players out there who don't want to hit hard but injure you.

I didn't listen to the interview with Decker or heard what was said in regards to Harrison. I just feel like he has a bulls-eye on his back and he is the subject of some unfair calls. It's like they see a hard hit and the number 92 and throw the flag right away. I think he has been the subject of some unfair fines due to his reputation.
            I agree with you, and yet at the same time I would say he earned that reputation.

You know what they say, "man who poops pants sits in his own pew"
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
              I agree with you, and yet at the same time I would say he earned that reputation.

You know what they say, "man who poops pants sits in his own pew"
              Coming from the man with 'team preacher' as his title... i find this to be most hilarious. hahaha

Comment

poor guy tripped getting out of his chair. Lifes rough for ED

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                  Coming from the man with 'team preacher' as his title... i find this to be most hilarious. hahaha
                  I wasn't sure anyone would get that analogy.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X