No announcement yet.

Bump until Elway and his team start getting credit for the job they are doing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump until Elway and his team start getting credit for the job they are doing

I am almost afraid to admit how much I love John Elway....like if I met him it might get creepy as he was a hero of mine as a teenager and young adult when I had no father figure in my life. The way he never quit and always fought no matter what was just pure magic to watch. He seemed to be able to spread his will and talent to the players around him...even to the defense and ST.

Still I admit when he took over I like many others wondered "will he go the Matt Millen route?"

From the getgo I changed my Sig and it still has the message I put on it when Elway was hired. I had faith in Elway but I try to be a realist and understand the job of building a good contending football team is hard.

Before Elway we were talking about stuff like
    • all time worst loss at home to Raiders of all teams
    • no NFL team losing more games then us in 2 years
    • no playoffs in 5 seasons
    • massive amount of talent loss in players and coaches
    • talks of illegal filming and still losing the game

Look at it now almost two years later
    • We added John Fox as Head Coach; he has stablized our Broncos and been the leader we needed
    • Dennis Allen did such a good job with our horrible defense he is now HC of Raiders
    • JDR was hired to replace Allen
    • I really like what Magazu is doing with our OL, his experienced coaching was drastically needed imo
    • We have kept key players like Champ, Prater, Woodyard, Vickerson,
    • We have drafted, claimed or signed many key players - Von Miller, Koppen, McGahee, Porter, Carter, Harris, Holliday, Brooking, Some like Trevathan are young and imo will show their value later
    • Oh yea we signed Peyton Manning maybe the best free agent signing in NFL all time!!
    • Its all about winning and in season 1 under Elways leadership we won the div and a playoff game doing it in a way most said we could not win
    • In season 2 things are looking extremely bright

Us Bronco fans are well aware of the journey we have gone through over the last 7 NFL seasons and the job John Elway has done bringing us back to the franchise of contending year in and year out.

It is time for the national media to start talking about this

Last edited by Hadez; 11-17-2012, 06:53 AM.
    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Not to mention we made the playoffs with Tebow as our QB

Comment

Media coverage is star-driven. The Broncos are actually getting a lot of press these days, thanks to Manning, and I've heard and read a lot about the job Elway is doing. Even the announcers in the Carolina game got into the act, talking about the FA's Elway's brought in, how resigning Champ demonstrated the organization's willingness to reward players who contribute, etc. Usually it's just mindless drivel about how amazing the winning team is. It'll reach a crescendo if we go deep into the playoffs or reach the SB. Respect is earned though, and we really sucked for a few years there. And there are a few holes on this team yet that are legitimate reasons to think this may not be our year for a ring. It's coming though with every victory.

Comment

I think when Manning retires, we will get to measure Elway's worth in the office.

Comment

Great post & I agree with you 100%. There is no one like Elway & never will be.....

Comment

So far I have been able to see ALL the Broncos games on TV here in Michigan. This is unprecedented and symptomatic of the fact we ARE getting recognition. Thank you PFM and Sir John Elway!

Comment

I would be interested to see the opinions of the people who, early in the year, claimed this team would be no better than the one with Tebow. Noodle Arm and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                I would be interested to see the opinions of the people who, early in the year, claimed this team would be no better than the one with Tebow. Noodle Arm and all that...
                Quite frankly I don't think these people have evolved to the point where I would value their opinion.

Comment

I agree 100% and have said similar things all year-just not as well and as complete. Elway has amazed me as an NFL executive-he has shown no fear and a ton of insight. The Manning signing was just incredible, but the other player additions to cover for injured players and to have backups like Koppen who became starters has been amazing-almost all were great additions.
                  SmilingJack

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                    I think when Manning retires, we will get to measure Elway's worth in the office.
                    This, Manning makes everyone better even the defense. I just hope he can stay healthy this year and maybe next until we find a guy to replace him...I dont like Osweiler very much from watching him at ASU living here in AZ.

Comment

John Fox and his coaching staff deserve much praise for winning the AFCW in 2011 and advancing in the playoffs.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I believe the media gets it, but it's been a lot about Manning to date. That was expected.

BUT they all know who got Manning here....

Comment

Originally posted by Brohemoth View Post
                          Who,do you think brought Manning here? That alone proves elway s worth...it would be absurd to not include manning in the picture
                          sigpic

Comment

There was a discussion this morning on NFLN about the two Mannings and who would you want as your QB? Both sides had points but Peyton was/is the talk of the town even in New York.

I think we are getting the attention we desire as fans but let's face it. The media heads have, do and always will be all about the East coast. Mainly the Patriots AFC wise. This is nothing new. We have come to expect it and learn to deal with it.

We continue to win, the conversation will escalate. In the mean time, don't sweat it. It is what it is.
                            :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X