Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    Yea, I am far from a homer, and far from optimistic, and I lean more on the pestimistic side a lot of times, but even I will say that the division is just about over. We will need a worse collapse, than our previous ones to blow this one. If Manning stays healthy, then this division is ours. Still gotta go out and take care of business. Hoping we can blow out the Chiefs.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Are you even remotely close to serious with this?

The division is not over yet. Close but not over.

As I already stated we handle our own business and win out and we will be ahead of them anyway.

I'm not relying on a hated division rival to do anything for us. What is hard to understand about hat?
    Maybe I can explain. It's not so much that we want SD to do stuff for us... but it would give the Ravens one more loss. If we beat them we only count for one of their losses. Another loss to SD (who we beat twice) would give us two tie-breakers over the Ravens if we end up with the same record as them etc.

I know it's hard to root for a division rival... but you always root IN FAVOR of your favorite team and in this case rooting for a Raven loss (see how i worded that? you don't even have to root FOR SD) would be rooting in favor of Denver.

We need New England, Houston and Baltimore to lose as many games as possible (without putting another team ahead of us instead) so we can get the 2nd seed (or first?). It would be much better to go into the playoffs and get the first round bye than to have to play that wild card game. It's all about match ups at this point. If we don't have to face the Patriots in the playoffs that'd be swell.
    Last edited by RealBronco; 11-18-2012, 06:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    The best SD can do is 10-6 if they win out.

And they have Bal, Cin, at Pitt the next 3 weeks.

Stranger things have happened though.
    I mean I realize Manning is less likely to blow a virtual 4 game lead than Cutler or Orton who blew three game leads. But it's still possible.

I say baby steps first. Lock up the division then worry about byes.

After that eat your heart out.

But Byes are overrated anyways. Teams with byes rarely go to the SB anymore and even more rare to win when they do go the last 10 years.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied

Anyone still arguing the West isn't over do not live in reality, or just want to argue.

Even if SD win out (lets say thats realistic lol) then we still need to lose 4 out of 6. With home games to the Chiefs and Browns to come lol

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied

As I already stated we handle our own business and win out and we will be ahead of them anyway.

I'm not relying on a hated division rival to do anything for us. What is hard to understand about hat?
    Of course I'm serious. Its common sense.

The division is over, barring the biggest of miracles, so SD are irrelevant.

Yes I hope we win out but thats not easy, we might need Balt. or NE to drop a couple of games.

To me it comes down to this. Do you support the Broncos or hate the Chargers/Raiders/Chiefs more ? I don't like our division rivals but all I really care about is getting to the SB.

If Balt loses it massively helps us get closer to the second seed which is massive.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    I'll say this.

I'm not "rooting" for them but i won't be dissapointed if they win.....
    As long as we beat the Chiefs then I can probably live with it.

I mean they could lose tonight and we would already be tied anyway.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by flosstein View Post
    Thank You! But I'm even more hardcore in my belief, I will never cheer for another AFCW team to win no matter what the stakes are. I feel that we have 16 weeks to make our own destiny. If we cant get it done, then it wasn't meant to be.
    ^^^This. Lets handle our own business. I can't root for a division rival.

Leave a comment:

• ERoyal248
    replied
    I'll say this.

I'm not "rooting" for them but i won't be dissapointed if they win.....

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Not knocking you but I never understand this line of thinking.

SD are irrelevant to us now. We are fighting hard for the second seed which would be HUGE. The Ravens and Pats are in our way, and you WANT the ravens to win just because you don't like SD ?

Leave a comment:

• flosstein
    replied
    No. Never.

We play Baltimore in December so we can earn the tiebreak over them ourselves if we win out.

I'll never root for the Chargers unless like last year week 17 when it clinched the division for us.

Think about it this way. Chargers lose and we beat K.C. and it's a 4 game lead with a season sweep. West would be even more wrapped up.
    Thank You! But I'm even more hardcore in my belief, I will never cheer for another AFCW team to win no matter what the stakes are. I feel that we have 16 weeks to make our own destiny. If we cant get it done, then it wasn't meant to be.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    No. Never.

We play Baltimore in December so we can earn the tiebreak over them ourselves if we win out.

I'll never root for the Chargers unless like last year week 17 when it clinched the division for us.

Think about it this way. Chargers lose and we beat K.C. and it's a 4 game lead with a season sweep. West would be even more wrapped up.
    Not knocking you but I never understand this line of thinking.

SD are irrelevant to us now. We are fighting hard for the second seed which would be HUGE. The Ravens and Pats are in our way, and you WANT the ravens to win just because you don't like SD ?

Leave a comment:

• BroncosPWNn00bs
    replied
    If we win out, and beat Baltimore, we will be ahead of them anyways. I will however root for every team who plays Houston and New England.

I might root for San Diego to win some games and go 8-8, so that way Norv gets another year possibly?

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    i know we basically have a 4 game lead but i say nooooo alot of football left...we control our own destiny right now for the 2nd seed we play the ravens in few weeks just keep winning...

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Actually.. I won't actively be cheering for them.. but I will be.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X