Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Not worth arguing about, either way it helps the Broncos.

Leave a comment:

• RealBronco
    replied
    If the Ravens lose to night and similar trends continue and Denver, Baltimore and Pittsburgh are tied later... and we beat Baltimore and are still tied with Pitt then we get higher seed over them because we beat them... But i don't really want to root for the Steelers this game is a wash to me I guess. Although I like Baltimore. Kind of.

Leave a comment:

• kingelway7
    replied
    We are up by 3 games, kinda 4 games if you count the tie breaker.

We just need to win. Who gives a damn what the Chargers do.

We just have to go 3-3 the rest of the way and we win the division. If we go 2-4, the Chargers would have to go 6-0 the rest of their way.

We just need to win. We have 2 vs KC, 1 Vs Oakland, 1 Vs Cleveland and 1 Vs Baltimore. Just focus on winning 3 of those games.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by EddieMac View Post
    I am in NHL firm belief that we have this division today. We would have to go 2-4 and the chargers 4-2 to lose it.

I am a fan of the steelers tonight, and the chargers next week and every team until the end of the season that plays hou, ne, Balt or the steelers. Whatever betters our playoff position.

We take care of our own business we are in, no one can take that. With a little help...the playoffs can run through Denver.
    Agree with the post but if we go 2-4 then SD need to go 6-0

Leave a comment:

• TheSheriff
    replied
    I want SD to lose because I hate them. We control our seeding vs BAL so no big deal. Go Broncos and screw the chargers!

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So I would agree with you there. Except you did quote great post to RealBronco that said that.

But yes it's virtually the same thing.

And it's fine if you want to root for them. Different way of thinking. Neither is right or wrong. Just a different perspective. So I apologize if I was condescending a few times.

Just something I can't do.
    Your wrong, but its cool

Leave a comment:

• EddieMac
    replied
    I am in NHL firm belief that we have this division today. We would have to go 2-4 and the chargers 4-2 to lose it.

I am a fan of the steelers tonight, and the chargers next week and every team until the end of the season that plays hou, ne, Balt or the steelers. Whatever betters our playoff position.

We take care of our own business we are in, no one can take that. With a little help...the playoffs can run through Denver.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    It was funny some people said they wouldn't cheer for a SD win, but would cheer for a Balt. loss.

Like there's a difference lol
    So I would agree with you there. Except you did quote great post to RealBronco that said that.

But yes it's virtually the same thing.

And it's fine if you want to root for them. Different way of thinking. Neither is right or wrong. Just a different perspective. So I apologize if I was condescending a few times.

Just something I can't do.

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    It was funny some people said they wouldn't cheer for a SD win, but would cheer for a Balt. loss.

Like there's a difference lol

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    ok, up 2 you.

I will be cheering for the Chargers next week, and if we can beat the Chiefs as well then we go a game up on them.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    THIS............ Great post.

I thought every post would be like this TBH

I can't see the Texans being caught, but for the rest of the season we should be cheering 3 things EVERY WEEK

1 - Denver win

2 - Ravens lose

3 - NE lose
    If we beat the Ravens we likely win out and are ahead of them anyway.

So we don't need SD to beat them. We would still need the Pats to lose again.

If we don't beat the Ravens then it might help but we still likely won't get a bye.

So taking that all into consideration the ultimate decision is no I will not root for Rivers or the Chargers.

Leave a comment:

• DenverBlood
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    Maybe I can explain. It's not so much that we want SD to do stuff for us... but it would give the Ravens one more loss. If we beat them we only count for one of their losses. Another loss to SD (who we beat twice) would give us two tie-breakers over the Ravens if we end up with the same record as them etc.

I know it's hard to root for a division rival... but you always root IN FAVOR of your favorite team and in this case rooting for a Raven loss (see how i worded that? you don't even have to root FOR SD) would be rooting in favor of Denver.

We need New England, Houston and Baltimore to lose as many games as possible so we can get the 2nd seed (or first?). It would be much better to go into the playoffs and get the first round bye than to have to play that wild card game. It's all about match ups at this point. If we don't have to face the Patriots in the playoffs that'd be swell.
    I understand your point except the OP's question was not do you root for a Ravens loss? In that instance it's a clear yes.

The question was do you root for the Chargers to win? To that' its a clear no.

Like I already stated the Ravens could lose tonight and we would already be tied.

And I cannot stress how overrated the bye is.

Manning has never won a Super Bowl with a bye. He usually loses the second round or before the Super Bowl.

The one time he made it with a bye he lost. That was the rare year where both teams with a bye went.

His only SB win he played first round and won against a Ravens squad who had a bye in week 2.

Leave a comment:

• bronco30
    replied
    Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
    As long as we beat the Chiefs then I can probably live with it.

I mean they could lose tonight and we would already be tied anyway.
    plus they play each other again in 2 weeks...its the pats that we need to lose even if we win out theyll get 2nd seed bcz they beat us...

Leave a comment:

• bronx_2003
    replied
    Originally posted by RealBronco View Post
    Maybe I can explain. It's not so much that we want SD to do stuff for us... but it would give the Ravens one more loss. If we beat them we only count for one of their losses. Another loss to SD (who we beat twice) would give us two tie-breakers over the Ravens if we end up with the same record as them etc.

I know it's hard to root for a division rival... but you always root IN FAVOR of your favorite team and in this case rooting for a Raven loss (see how i worded that? you don't even have to root FOR SD) would be rooting in favor of Denver.

We need New England, Houston and Baltimore to lose as many games as possible so we can get the 2nd seed (or first?). It would be much better to go into the playoffs and get the first round bye than to have to play that wild card game. It's all about match ups at this point. If we don't have to face the Patriots in the playoffs that'd be swell.
    THIS............ Great post.

I thought every post would be like this TBH

I can't see the Texans being caught, but for the rest of the season we should be cheering 3 things EVERY WEEK

1 - Denver win

2 - Ravens lose

3 - NE lose

Leave a comment:

• 58_VONDOOM_92
    replied
    Im just saying as much as I hate the Chargers they are really none of our worries anymore. The two teams we need to start losing is Balt and NE to give us a easier path to the SB.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X