Bittersweet for anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bittersweet for anyone else?

I've talked to quite a few friends about this...

I don't know why, but this win feels very hollow. Very bittersweet. After what's happened between us and San Diego for the better part of a decade I expected much more of a fight.

It just feels empty to me. I know, I know...7-3. Basically locked up the division. That part feels AWESOME. I love that.

...something's just off. Anyone else feeling this?
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

No...

10char

Comment

It's hollow because the Chargers fans are not boasting and bragging...the fan trash-talking made the rivalry heated. Honestly, I'm liking the Bronco division-dominance better than the heated rivalry.
      sigpic

Comment

so i talked to my wife, trying to figure out what im feeling...
        in 08 we won on that bad call, and then that SNF game i thought we could beat the chargers...
        ...and they hung 50 on us

and ive been waiting
        and today i thought was that day
        have you ever been in a fight?
        and hit someone and they didnt want to fight anymore?
        THATS what it feels like to me
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

To be honest, San Diego was neutered a long time ago by Norv Turner and company. That's where their fight went.
          sigpic

"Maybe if he had an iron suit or a magic hammer...."

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
            I've talked to quite a few friends about this...

I don't know why, but this win feels very hollow. Very bittersweet. After what's happened between us and San Diego for the better part of a decade I expected much more of a fight.

It just feels empty to me. I know, I know...7-3. Basically locked up the division. That part feels AWESOME. I love that.

...something's just off. Anyone else feeling this?
            I started to empathize, but then it started to feel it was like giving a long awaited flu shot.

Once Norv and A.J. are gone the patients will thank us. In fact ... I hear them calling now.

Last edited by kevlar441; 11-18-2012, 10:25 PM.
            "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

We've been used to their dominance. I hate to admit it, but it's true. This QB, this TE, this coach, THIS TEAM, has dominated us for the last several years.

Finally, we're ready for some payback. We're ready for a punch 'em in the mouth, good ol' fashioned brawl where the Broncos prove that they are the better team.

Instead, we hit them and they fell to the ground and started crying, and sure... we won... but it left me almost feeling sorry for them.

Almost.

Comment

I feel the same, honestly I've felt this way for every single win since the Chargers 2nd half comeback.

I feel like before we had pretty mediocre teams, and expectations were low. We were desperate to get any win we could and barely get into the playoffs. Now it's like I know we're a better team than who we're playing, and we'd have to do some serious screw ups to lose, and even if we do manage to lose, what's the big deal, right? We still have an awesome team and an easy schedule, playoffs should basically be a shoe in.

I'll probably get more into the Ravens game since it'll actually be a real measuring stick for us, and of course when we hit the playoffs I'll be going crazy. Until then though, I'm not really sure if any individual game we play is worth a ton.

Comment

Nooooooooope.
                  sigpic

Comment

Ya I didn't get what I thought I would out of this game. I was so pumped and by the end I was posting more and marginally watching the game.

How fast we are spoiled. I now am craving a NEesque beat down of a team. Or a quality win over a quality team. I want NE again, houston....
                    sigpic

Comment

Only regret is we didn't beat them by more

Comment

Originally posted by Remedy View Post
                        Only regret is we didn't beat them by more
                        I was hoping for the Broncos to add another TD or two. I would have been sweet.
                        Team Broncos!
                        2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

If anyone thinks what the Brady bunch did to the Colts is what Broncos need to do to a team..that's just bad sportsmanship IMO. Peyton wouldn't go through all that. I don't think Fox is that typa coach either. It just makes me cringe when that happens and what the heck for?? SMH.

Well I take that back...the only...and I say ONLY team I would like that to happen to would be brady bunch...and BY US...IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Comment

Don't misunderstand me, I wasn't looking for a run up blowout, I just wanted a fight from SD. So did the Broncos.

We just didn't get it.
                            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I get what you're saying, I think.

You want to beat up on the ultra-talented Chargers teams that beat the crap out of us in Denver and won the division year after year. The Chargers team that supposedly owned Peyton Manning. Instead we got a sheep in wolf's clothing. A crappy version of Rivers that throws a ton of ill-timed picks and can't get out of his own way, a gimpy Matthews, no VJ or Cromartie or Sproles, a non-existant OL, and generally a poor copycat of what they once were, and beat up on them. Not exactly the same feeling.

I get the same feeling when we beat up on the Raiders.

You want to shame the fans who are generally boastful about how much better their team is than ours. Instead, they tell you how crappy their team is before you can say anything. They want everyone fired and they're ready for the season to be done. It's not about how our team is good, it's about how theirs is bad.

I feel you. But it could be a lot worse. On to the Chiefs.
                              Last edited by Lomax; 11-18-2012, 11:49 PM.
                              "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X