Bittersweet for anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    As hard as he works all week, I'm sure its frustrating not to execute on gameday. At some level I think he is frustrated because certain other players don't match his intensity. He doesn't want to field questions about how the defense is carrying the team. I don't think he's gets sadistic pleasure in blowing teams out.

I don't think of it as sadistic pleasure. I think the fighter analogy fits:
    Did Roy Jones Jr. want to win by way of knockout, or win by decision? He wanted to dominate and knock people out. Didn't you hear him when he was on the sideline against the Panthers, when they were already up by two scores? "We're gonna step on their throats".
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      I've talked to quite a few friends about this...

I don't know why, but this win feels very hollow. Very bittersweet. After what's happened between us and San Diego for the better part of a decade I expected much more of a fight.

It just feels empty to me. I know, I know...7-3. Basically locked up the division. That part feels AWESOME. I love that.

...something's just off. Anyone else feeling this?
      Nope, we swept the chargers and I hate the chargers...nothing hollow about it. This was a sweet victory (even though I didn't get to enjoy it because some jackwagon decided it would be funny to tell me we lost when I was on my way home to watch a recording of the game, my wife thanks you for the funky mood on the way home by the way......not that it would have mattered anyway since the recording didn't work and I didn't get to watch it)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
        As hard as he works all week, I'm sure its frustrating not to execute on gameday. At some level I think he is frustrated because certain other players don't match his intensity. He doesn't want to field questions about how the defense is carrying the team. I don't think he's gets sadistic pleasure in blowing teams out.
        Rivers has a defeated look on his face all the time now and I dont think its because of the Broncos. I think he has given up on his coaching staff and realized their windows is closing now with this team.

I guess that made the win a little less fun, but hey its sure nice to sweep the chargers!

Comment

I will probably get flamed for this but as happy as I am that the Broncos are winning I dont have the same sense of excitement I had last year. I think it has to do with us buying an MVP level QB.

Let me explain;
          I feel like Manning is a Colt since he was not drafted and brought up as a Broncos. Dont get me wrong he is a great player and watching greatness is always fun, but for some reason its just not as exciting as having a guy we drafted as a Bronco develop over the years and win. With Manning its just kind of a given that we were going to be good, dont get me wrong I would much prefer winning than losing but something about it just feel lifeless to me at times. Would I go back to last years team? No, but honestly I had much more excitement last year...maybe in the playoffs that will change.

Ok you can flame me now.

Comment

Originally posted by svpearson View Post
            I will probably get flamed for this but as happy as I am that the Broncos are winning I dont have the same sense of excitement I had last year. I think it has to do with us buying an MVP level QB.

Let me explain;
            I feel like Manning is a Colt since he was not drafted and brought up as a Broncos. Dont get me wrong he is a great player and watching greatness is always fun, but for some reason its just not as exciting as having a guy we drafted as a Bronco develop over the years and win. With Manning its just kind of a given that we were going to be good, dont get me wrong I would much prefer winning than losing but something about it just feel lifeless to me at times. Would I go back to last years team? No, but honestly I had much more excitement last year...maybe in the playoffs that will change.

Ok you can flame me now.

That is all.
            sigpic

Comment

Let me explain;

Ok you can flame me now.
              In all honestly last year was exciting for the last 5 minutes of the game.

You dont like putting teams away?
              98 mustve been really depressing for you then...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                I've talked to quite a few friends about this...

I don't know why, but this win feels very hollow. Very bittersweet. After what's happened between us and San Diego for the better part of a decade I expected much more of a fight.

It just feels empty to me. I know, I know...7-3. Basically locked up the division. That part feels AWESOME. I love that.

...something's just off. Anyone else feeling this?
                I went nuts when Doom sacked Rivers with 10 seconds left.

I got kinda confused when Phyllis got back up, handed the ball to the ref and walked off the field giving dap to Champ. For a guy who has always driven me nuts, he really let me down with that bull.

Comment

Let me explain;

Ok you can flame me now.
                  I get what you are saying but here would be my argument:

You don't get the chance to draft an MVP caliber QB without having a crappy team that garners a high draft pick. The only other option is through trade or free agency. We took a chance on a player coming off of a severe injury and it has worked out great! IMO, it's no different than taking a chance and drafting an injured player for the hope of great returns. It's a risky approach but it can work.

Also, do you not view players such as Champ Bailey, Ed McCaffery, Gary Zimmerman to be Broncos? Maybe it's just buying into the QB position that you cant get past? Maybe you'd feel different if we were playing this well in year two instead of year one? IDK!
                  " A kickers success is dependent upon his teams failure"...by SorryAss ChargerFans

Comment

I doubt Manning even identifies himself with the Colts at this point. He's completely bought in (literally and figuratevely) to the Denver area, and that certainly makes him enough of a Bronco for me.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                      I doubt Manning even identifies himself with the Colts at this point. He's completely bought in (literally and figuratevely) to the Denver area, and that certainly makes him enough of a Bronco for me.
                      I heard hes getting a Broncos tat on his fivehead.
                      sigpic

Comment

When Elvis sacked Rivers with seconds left, Rivers went to the Denver sideline, if I'm not mistaken. Good sportsmanship.

Also, when Tripucka unretired his number for Manning, Peyton became about as official a Bronco as one can be. The Colts picked Peyton, he picked the Broncos.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Let me explain;

Ok you can flame me now.
                          Last year was probably one of the most fun years I've ever had as a Broncos fan. But I don't want to die early so I'm really happy that we got Manning.

Comment

no..i wish we woulda hung fifty on them

the only thing thats bad in a way is the fact when they were beating the snot out of us our boards were crawling with delussional sparkler fans...day after nausiating day we put up with the smack

now that they have been losing since 2010...we can smack them back...we cant rub it in...we cant pour salt on the wounds.......cause they aint around and most of us cant go to the koolaid boards or would get imediatly banned in the sensitive state

fairweather fans
                            sigpic
                            when do native Americans become human and not mascots

Comment

Originally posted by DiegoBRONCOFAN View Post
                              I get what you are saying but here would be my argument:

You don't get the chance to draft an MVP caliber QB without having a crappy team that garners a high draft pick. The only other option is through trade or free agency. We took a chance on a player coming off of a severe injury and it has worked out great! IMO, it's no different than taking a chance and drafting an injured player for the hope of great returns. It's a risky approach but it can work.

Also, do you not view players such as Champ Bailey, Ed McCaffery, Gary Zimmerman to be Broncos? Maybe it's just buying into the QB position that you cant get past? Maybe you'd feel different if we were playing this well in year two instead of year one? IDK!
                              Good points however, some great QB's arent high first round picks, look at Tom Brady for example...granted that's pretty rare and most greats are high picks like Manning.

No I consider Champ and the others to be Broncos, I think with Champ he has been here long enough and struggled with this team he feels like a Bronco to me. I dont know why it just doesn't feel as exciting as it should now for me....like I said hopefully it will change in the playoffs. I definitely wouldnt want to go back to being an 8-8 team over this no way.

I do agree Manning appears to have bought into Denver though, nothing at all against him it just feels less exciting because we arent proving anyone wrong and we didnt develop Manning we paid him alot to come in and everyone knew we would be pretty good if he was healthy. I know its a business and this is how it works, I just dont feel as excited about it as I should for some reason.

Maybe its lack of sleep due to having 2month old twin boys on top of already having a 2 year old son. They all have Bronco gear and my 2 year old cheers and yells "Go Broncos!" when they are on TV so 3 future Broncos fans on the way!!!

Comment

No way, in fact i wished we would not have let off the gas pedal on defense in the 4th qtr & just kept getting after Rivers.

I'm not saying to run the score up but after what they did to us to close out 2008, yeah i could care less how competitive they are or how bad we beat them.

It's our time now not theirs! They had their chances for several years but the door has slammed shut on them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X