Unsung Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    5.8 ypa off the bench against a top D? That's harsh if not inaccurate.
    He did suck for most of yesterday.
    He had 1 or 2 good runs late in the game (thats where a majority of those yards came from), and a good block.
    But does the man EVER, and I mean EVER convert 3rd downs when he is called upon? Nope.
    He also had that fumble.
    sigpic

Comment

i dont understand the hate for Lance Ball either the guy only had 6 touches for 35 yds. Yes he had a fumble, and that is bad. But i dont undestand why the hate.

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
        He had 1 or 2 good runs late in the game (thats where a majority of those yards came from), and a good block.
        But does the man EVER, and I mean EVER convert 3rd downs when he is called upon? Nope.
        He also had that fumble.
        Cut him!

"Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
          He also had that fumble.
          The failed 3rd downs aren't always his fault, a lot of nowhere to go. McGahee and Hillman have failed quite a few 3rds this year too. Lets cut them too.
          sigpic

Comment

Manning's late game clock management

I would have to say he had some poor clock management in the final 5 or 6 minutes when we scored for the last time with a FG.

I know he snapped it once with 15 seconds left on the play clock & a few other times around 10 seconds. I think he allowed at least 30 seconds or more of extra time over the course of that drive & we would have never even had to punt back to them on the final possession.

The idea is to run as much clock off as possible to shorten the game as much as you can, so why the heck didn't the coaches say anything to him about snapping the ball with so much time left on the playclock?
            sigpic

Comment

Not worried, didn't cost us the win.

Clock management is only an issue if you lose.

Comment

Yawwwn...Manning is the best at it. No worries.

Comment

I think he wanted a TD and was going for the kill so to speak. We did pass a few times on that drive IIRC. I think the FG only put us up a TD. He probably should have milked it more if what you're saying is correct.

I wouldn't worry though.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                    I would have to say he had some poor clock management in the final 5 or 6 minutes when we scored for the last time with a FG.

I know he snapped it once with 15 seconds left on the play clock & a few other times around 10 seconds. I think he allowed at least 30 seconds or more of extra time over the course of that drive & we would have never even had to punt back to them on the final possession.

The idea is to run as much clock off as possible to shorten the game as much as you can, so why the heck didn't the coaches say anything to him about snapping the ball with so much time left on the playclock?
                    Bro, with 5 minutes left Manning was still trying to score, the announcers even mentioned how he was pissed when the field goal unit had to come out. Time management doesnt matter as much with 5 minutes when your looking to go up by 3 scores. Manning is the master of closing games, clock management and comebacks(more than any other QB), I think were fine in that regard.
                    I've found that prayer works best when you have big players... and Peyton Manning.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosFanInPA View Post
                      That last drive started at 9 mins 10 secs left, and the Broncos were up by 11 points. That's not the right time to exclusively focus on burning the clock, because too much time left yet. So, they focused on making a long drive and possibly scoring at the end. If you want to execute a long scoring drive, you have to run and throw the ball as well. And snap counts are a lot more important than those 10-ish seconds left on the playclock because you want to make successfull plays. Remember, one failed pass could leave more time on the clock than all those playclock pieces total.

So, we started at 9 mins left, executed a 5 minutes drive, and ended up scoring a FG, extending the lead to a 2 scores game, and left 4mins 15 seconds on the clock. That's pretty good game&clock management I believe...
                      Last edited by peterk; 11-19-2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Manning and clock management is the least of Denver's worries.

How Denver can use the running game to run the clock down is going to be an issue however.

Comment

Planning a rushing attack is all based on which formations to use and how the D lines up on each. For the second week in a row the Broncos will be facing a D which lines up often in an odd-front 3-4/50 look. That D funnels run plays to the middle, and is very difficult to turn the corner on. If aligned with 5-0-5 techs and inside Backers over the Guards, inside runs especially through the G holes tend to work best.

During MNF, Gruden showed a list of things the 9ers do on offense. I wondered if all Broncos fans watching noticed that the Broncos' O did all that stuff last year.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
                            The failed 3rd downs aren't always his fault, a lot of nowhere to go. McGahee and Hillman have failed quite a few 3rds this year too. Lets cut them too.
                            Agreed. I actually like Ball. Hoping for JJ to get his shot this weekend though.
                            Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

okay so back to topic of unsung hero's

i would have to say vickerson up the middle with wolfe and maybe trevetan, he has broken up a couple of huge 3rd down passes

Comment

Gotta say big vick has impressed me alot, hes just the right mix of nasty and smart to be a good DT in this league, id also say colquitt needs alot of praise his punting has helped us alot this year
                                sigpic

2011 Adopt-A-Bronco Quinton Carter

Comment

Working...
                                X