No announcement yet.

FB position in regards to McGahee's injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knowshow will get the node. He's the right choice, plus has fresh legs. Hell want to prove all nay Sayers and other teams that he can start. And I'm not close to a Knowshon fan. But he'll be ready.

Comment

Which is worse?

A torn ACL or MCL? Does anyone out there know the average recovery time on both. Seems to me like ACL tears take about six month to a year to properly heal. Is that correct? I would think it would also go on how bad the tear was on both. I was surprised when they said "McGahee will be out six to eight weeks". Any doctors or med students out there? lol
      Last edited by Kansas Bob; 11-20-2012, 08:48 AM.

Comment

ACL is in the knee, MCL is outside the knee. (anterior, medial)
        ACLs take longer to heal.

He's also dealing with a compression fracture of the patella too I believe.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Yep, also depends on the grade of the tear. Usually you don't get a grade 3 MCL without also an ACL tear. So it probably was grade 2, which is why he doesn't need surgery.

I've had this injury (probably not as severe) and it fully healed in about a month.
          "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

I tore my ACL playing soccer. I'm sure the pro's have an accelerated recovery program, but immediately after injury I took a month to let the swelling go down & strength-train the muscles around the knee, then surgery (I got a cadaver graft), then 5 weeks of crutches (I had a bad flap tear in my meniscus, so I couldn't weight bear while that was healing), then about 6 months of PT before I was back on the soccer field. Definitely not an injury I wish upon others.

Comment

ACL usually requires surgery and is considered a more serious injury.

Comment

Yeah, ACL is more serious.

You can come back from an MCL in a month or so.

Comment

Like they ^^^ said, ACL is worse. That's what Moreno had last year and he was done for the season.
                  sigpic

Comment

He also has a broken bone in his leg which will also take probably at least 6 weeks as well to heal. Combination of both he will be on the side line for a while.
                    sigpic
                    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Working...
                    X