Knowshon Moreno needs to start Sunday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon Moreno needs to start Sunday

Yeah we haven't even heard a peep from Moreno since Week 2, but he is primed for a great matchup against the Chiefs. He NEEDS to be starting Sunday.

Why?

In his 5-game career versus the Chiefs, Moreno has rushed for 455 yards on 84 carries.. a 5.42 YPC average (along with 0 fumbles). In his last 3 games, he went for 319 yards on 49 carries for a 6.51 YPC average. His only 100-yard rushing performances of his career came against the Chiefs.

Maybe Moreno is a bust. Maybe he will be out of the league in a couple years. But one thing is for certain, he has had immense success facing the Chiefs. He needs to be out there often if not starting.

sigpic

Originally posted by Twizlers View Post
    Yeah we haven't even heard a peep from Moreno since Week 2, but he is primed for a great matchup against the Chiefs. He NEEDS to be starting Sunday.

Why?

In his 5-game career versus the Chiefs, Moreno has rushed for 455 yards on 84 carries.. a 5.42 YPC average (along with 0 fumbles). In his last 3 games, he went for 319 yards on 49 carries for a 6.51 YPC average. His only 100-yard rushing performances of his career came against the Chiefs.

Maybe Moreno is a bust. Maybe he will be out of the league in a couple years. But one thing is for certain, he has had immense success facing the Chiefs. He needs to be out there often if not starting.
    Hillman is the future. We need to see what we have in him. If Hillman can't get anything going, lets give Ball + Moreno a shot.

Comment

Hillman is also a rookie and is obviously having trouble getting used to Manning's offense and pass protecting. If there is one thing Moreno can do, that is pass protect and be a receiver out of the backfield. While I would like to see Moreno start this one, I honestly am hoping for Hillman to get some first/2nd down carries while Lance rotates in, but with Moreno coming in on 3rd down. Pretty effective considering the situation.

sigpic

Comment

I'm not a huge Moreno fan but IMO this is the reason we kept him around- insurance if McGahee went down. I don't think he should carry the load but he needs to be activated and given a good amount of snaps. Who knows, maybe this is what he needed to gain some motivation and ressurect his career....

Comment

This 4-8 weeks are gonna be the last chance for Moreno to redeem himself. I'm a big supporter of him, just like I support the other 52 on the roster, and I hope that he finally catches a break and gets a chance to show what he's got, in my opinion, he's a better RB than Ball, and he's been a good team mate this past 8-9 weeks he's been inactive, someone else would've acted like a diva.

I don't see Hillman running the ball more than 3-5 times between the tackles, his body can't take that much punishment. Moreno on the other hand, is faster than Ball and stronger than Ronnie. So hopefully he's effective vs KC and redeems himself.

Comment

Originally posted by FabrizioHC View Post
            This 4-8 weeks are gonna be the last chance for Moreno to redeem himself. I'm a big supporter of him, just like I support the other 52 on the roster, and I hope that he finally catches a break and gets a chance to show what he's got, in my opinion, he's a better RB than Ball, and he's been a good team mate this past 8-9 weeks he's been inactive, someone else would've acted like a diva.

I don't see Hillman running the ball more than 3-5 times between the tackles, his body can't take that much punishment. Moreno on the other hand, is faster than Ball and stronger than Ronnie. So hopefully he's effective vs KC and redeems himself.
            He looked really strong in preseason til the fumble put him in the doghouse. His legs should be fresh and the chip on his shoulder should be huge.

There is every reason to believe whoever starts at RB will have a full week of practice and should be up to the task.
            [sigpic

Comment

I just hope the FO gives him a chance. I just don't think he'll get the chance outside of 1-2 runs a game. I expect them to make Moreno fill in Ball's current role and Ball to start.

Comment

The fact that we're working out other RBs says all it needs to say about what Moreno will do next Sunday.

This is Ball and Hillman all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                  The fact that we're working out other RBs says all it needs to say about what Moreno will do next Sunday.

This is Ball and Hillman all the way.
                  That doesn't mean the RB's we work out would start....we lost a RB for an extended period of time. We'll want 4 on the active roster, therefore we will sign one more. Either one of the ones we work out (slaton) or off our PS.
                  2013 Adopt-a-Bronco: Demaryius Thomas

sigpic

Comment

Can't we just pull that FB off of the practice squad ?
                    What's his name....Hillis....oh wait.....

Hillman doesn't have enough meat on him to run between the tackles without great blocking.
                    He needs a massive hole to have a chance.
                    Hillman has difficulty blocking and picking up the blitz. He tries real hard but he is small.

Hillman can get outside quick.
                    I would like to see Peyton use him on reverse plays and pass dumps in the flats.
                    Get Hillman the ball in space and Hillman's speed will equalize his size.
                    Hillman will be a great player when he grows up. He is just learing right now.

Moreno needs to start.
                    I'm hoping getting benched by McGahee for so long makes Moreno want to fight for his job.
                    Hoping that Moreno thinks that he has something to prove.
                    The Broncos have to keep a running game going for everything else to keep going !

Moreno's legs should be real fresh.
                    Give Moreno the start, mix in Ball and Hillman.
                    Confuse the D but make them respect the Broncos running game.

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
                    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
                    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
                    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
                      That doesn't mean the RB's we work out would start....we lost a RB for an extended period of time. We'll want 4 on the active roster, therefore we will sign one more. Either one of the ones we work out (slaton) or off our PS.
                      Exactly. That's why Ball or Hillman will start. Whomever we sign/promote will be #3 -- an insurance policy that likely won't see many looks or carries.

Comment

Eh, I trust the coaching staff will put the guy on the field they feel gives the offense the best chance to sustain drives, and score.

Moreno will get some carries. I hope he makes the most of his chances.

Comment

Judging from Fox and Stokely's interviews today, I'd expect him to start. Thankfully so..it's about time, can't wait!

Comment

Yeah we're playing the Chiefs. The only team Moreno has looked somewhat dominant against. I'd let him start for that reason alone...

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Judging from Fox and Stokely's interviews today, I'd expect him to start. Thankfully so..it's about time, can't wait!
                              So the guy goes from inactive to starting? That just doesn't sound right.

I'm a Moreno supporter so don't take it the wrong way. I was hoping he would be activated and get a few carries. If he starts Ill be yelling words of encouragment from the 10th row Sunday!
                              sigpic
                              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X