Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else concerned at our lack of outside receivers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else concerned at our lack of outside receivers ?

I know when a starter gets injured it will hurt the team, but if DT or Decker misses time we have some problems.

I don't think Stokley gets moved from the slot where he does heavy damage, so that leaves Willis or Caldwell !

Caldwell seems more of a slot receiver too and has hardly had any snaps this year, so I guess that leaves Willis but I'm not a huge fan of his.

We REALLY need to address this in the off-season !

What would you do if DT or Decker missed a few games ? I guess I would have to start Willis and hope he steps up.

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I know when a starter gets injured it will hurt the team, but if DT or Decker misses time we have some problems.

I don't think Stokley gets moved from the slot where he does heavy damage, so that leaves Willis or Caldwell !

Caldwell seems more of a slot receiver too and has hardly had any snaps this year, so I guess that leaves Willis but I'm not a huge fan of his.

We REALLY need to address this in the off-season !

What would you do if DT or Decker missed a few games ? I guess I would have to start Willis and hope he steps up.
    Caldwell would probably fill in if anyone missed time, not really concerned if decker got hurt cause at this point I'm concerned about his ability to just catch the ball but if we lost DT we would be in some serious trouble
    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Well, Gaff was just cut and if he clears waivers, he would make a good insurance policy. I think Caldwell may see some time this week. Willis seems to be bad juju for Manning, lol! He's like 2-2 with pick-6's when Willis is targeted. I think bad fortune may have put him in Manning's dog house.
      #swapping

Comment

I understand your point but what teams in the league would be set to go if they lost their # 1 and 2 receivers?
        none

I mean sure the Packers and Saints would still find ways to go to the air because that's what they do with Brees and Rodgers.

Brady just lost his #1 target who yes is a tight end but still a significant part of their offense. Take away him and Welker and they struggle a ton. Sure they still beat most teams but not elite teams without them.

So yes I understand the concern but I think with Manning we would still be alright. People would just have to step up and start making plays. " I'm looking at you Matt Willis."
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          I understand your point but what teams in the league would be set to go if they lost their # 1 and 2 receivers?
          none
          Basically my thoughts
          Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

Gerrel Robinson WR - Arizona ST - Denver Broncos PS

6'3'' 227 lbs: 4.5 40YD: 36 inch vertical

This is your outside depth WR, if either Thomas or Decker go down, he will be called up the next day.

- GB2

Comment

Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post

This is your outside depth WR, if either Thomas or Decker go down, he will be called up the next day.

- GB2
              Robinson is on the Cardinals practice squad

Comment

Originally posted by 16TheSnake View Post

- GB2
                We don't have Robinson.
                Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Let's hope DT's knee injury heals because he hasn't been the same since he hurt it 3 or 4 weeks ago.
                  sigpic
                  Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Gerell Robinson?
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We do have Greg Orton on the practice squad who the team seems to be high on. He had a very solid preseason.

Comment

I may get flamed but I don't care, I am more concerned with our starting WRs. I am greatly concerned with DTs route running and ability to get open. Wit his talent and Peyton Manning throwing him the ball, he should be tearing teams up. Its not happening often enough.
                        I am greatly concerned with Eric Decker and his ability to catch the football, sure he's mostly in traffic but so are 31 other recievers in the league that are putting up good numbers. A lot of us try to convince ourselves that Decker is Ed McCaffery but in reality he is no where near Eds stature. Manning deserves better production frm his two WRs, he's already putting up great numbers imagine how much better this team could be on offense if Manning had the right personel at WR.
                        Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-21-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                          I may get flamed but I don't care, I am more concerned with uf starting WRs. I am greatly concerned with DTs route running and ability to get open. Wit his talent and Peyton Manning throwing him the ball, he should be tearing teams up. Its not happening often enough.
                          I am greatly concerned with Eric Decker and his ability to catch the football, sure he's mostly in traffic but so are 31 other recievers in the league that are putting up good numbers. A lot of us try to convince ourselves that Decker is Ed McCaffery but in reality he is no where near Eds stature. Manning deserves better production frm his two WRs, he's already putting up great numbers imagine how much better this team could be on offense if Manning had the right personel at WR.

DT has been in the top 5 in receiving all year, until last weekend. I think he has a strained knee. If you watch him he will get up at least once per game limping. He hurt it 3 or 4 weeks ago.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            Robinson is on the Cardinals practice squad
                            We could still claim him no matter whose practice squad he's on

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                              DT has been in the top 5 in receiving all year, until last weekend. I think he has a strained knee. If you watch him he will get up at least once per game limping. He hurt it 3 or 4 weeks ago.
                              He's still number 4 in the league in receiving

Comment

Working...
                              X