Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else concerned at our lack of outside receivers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    We could still claim him no matter whose practice squad he's on
    True, but we decided to sign Greg Orton to the practice squad over Robinson after final cuts. So I am guessing we would promote him first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
      I may get flamed but I don't care, I am more concerned with our starting WRs. I am greatly concerned with DTs route running and ability to get open. Wit his talent and Peyton Manning throwing him the ball, he should be tearing teams up. Its not happening often enough.
      I am greatly concerned with Eric Decker and his ability to catch the football, sure he's mostly in traffic but so are 31 other recievers in the league that are putting up good numbers. A lot of us try to convince ourselves that Decker is Ed McCaffery but in reality he is no where near Eds stature. Manning deserves better production frm his two WRs, he's already putting up great numbers imagine how much better this team could be on offense if Manning had the right personel at WR.
      I think DT will be fine. I do, however share your concern about Decker. To me he seems very lax on the field; almost as if he is entitled to be playing in the NFL. He appears lazy after catching the ball and doesn't have the game breaking ability as some of our receivers of the past (Rod Smith, Sharpe, McCaffery) Just my observation.

Comment

Decker is no good..when the game is close he drop balls but when the broncos already blown a team out he catch like a all pro wr...i think decker fit more in the slot..not at wide or good for backup...

Comment

Originally posted by eddieroyal View Post
          Decker is no good..when the game is close he drop balls but when the broncos already blown a team out he catch like a all pro wr...i think decker fit more in the slot..not at wide or good for backup...
          Decker is just fine. He has more TD's in his first three years than any other receiver in Bronco history. Sure he needs to fix the drop issues, but he is by no means a weakness on our offense.

Comment

Anyone promoted will probably come from within first.

Another intriguing name is Jeremy Ross, WR on the Packers' PS. Those guys are good at developing wideouts. But at this point in time, if you are not promoting someone from within, it is safer to get a vet with good hands like Gaffney.

Let us hope that bridge does not need to be crossed, especially with the McGahee news.

Comment

Sorry about thinking we still had claim to Robinson. I remeber the training camp he had, sorry about the wrong player lol.

Greg Orton is also 6'3'' even though he is only 210 lbs, he could play outside if needed.

And as another poster suggested we can still sign Robinson off of AZ PS in a pinch. He does have experience in this offense a bit.

- GB2

Comment

Originally posted by eddieroyal View Post
                I see this too. I wouldn't go so far to say that he's no good, but he's definitely not reliable. Stokley is far more valuable right now.
                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

i love how people get soooo concerned about depth ....

its stupid, if anyones #1 or #2 recievers go down they are probably screwed until somone steps up, there arent any teams 4+ deep at WR (maybe pats)
                  sigpic
                  -------

Comment

OL, Backer and DB depth have been pretty handy. Now it's the RB's turn.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

What about Holliday. He is listed as a WR. You think he could burn a few DBs down the field?
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Sorry guys if it seems as if I am bashing Decker, that's not my intention. I just wish he'd be more of a competitor out there. I believe he has an offensive amount of talent lol he just needs to apply it.......!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
                          Sorry guys if it seems as if I am bashing Decker, that's not my intention. I just wish he'd be more of a competitor out there. I believe he has an offensive amount of talent lol he just needs to apply it.......!
                          50 receptions, 621 yards and 8 TDs ranked #27 in the league sounds like competing to me.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            50 receptions, 621 yards and 8 TDs ranked #27 in the league sounds like competing to me.
                            Those are some pretty good stats, but you have to agree he has dropped some pretty darn easy catches this year and his stats should be even better then they are right now. Not to mention his tripping over his own feet instead of scoring a TD. You can count on him dropping at least one easy pass a game.

Don't get me wrong because I think he is good WR but he needs to concentrate a little more and pull down these passes that a professional WR should be able to make in their sleep.
                            sigpic
                            Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                            2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                            2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                              Of course and if he'd apply his full potential, stop making so many mistakes such as dropped passes he'd be a hell of a lot better. Glad you pointed that out

Comment

I never like it when people go right to the stats, as though they mean something in a vacuum. Stats, especially for receivers, mean very little because of the many, many plays that don't see the light of day on a stat sheet, and because so much is dependent on the quarterback.

Decker's drops on third down don't show up, nor does it show up when he runs a route short of the line to gain on 3rd down, or when he hook slides when running in the clear, or when he trips himself. And we really don't know whats going on before the pass, but I'm sure there are some gems there as well.

He's the third best WR out there, behind a guy who was virtually retired.
                                "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X