No announcement yet.

Finally some Power Ranking love...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know how this team is only 1-3 against teams with a winning record? Well what if after this weekend we're 3-3? That would happen if the Bengals and Saints win their games and both improve to 6-5. Or will fans of other teams say that it doesn't count because they sucked when we faced them? I kind of hope so, just so it justifies us saying we sucked when we faced them and we'd would beat them in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by MountainStateBronco View Post
      The Bears great D just got steamrolled by a backup QB.
      Originally posted by samparnell View Post
      I doubt if Cutler could have prevented it.
      I think the point made was that San Fran steamrolled The Bears' D......behind a first time starter.

Did I miss your point Sam? If so, I also agree that Cutler wouldn't have won that game.

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
        I doubt if Cutler could have prevented it.
        Maybe, but as we have seen last season and this one, the Bears are a different team without him. Going back to last season they're around 14-4 with him and 1-6 without him. The Bears, on all 3 phases, seem to play a lot more fired up when he's around.
        Hoping for a defensive-minded head coach and a return to the ZBS on offense. At the very least, no more cheaters for head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by CanDB View Post
          I think the point made was that San Fran steamrolled The Bears' D......behind a first time starter.

Did I miss your point Sam? If so, I also agree that Cutler wouldn't have won that game.
          Cutler did not play Monday night due to a concussion suffered against Houston, was it? Jason Campbell had to fill in for Cutler just as Kaepernick had to fill in for Alex Smith; seemingly a wash as far as advantage goes.

A football game is offenses vs. defenses, KO team vs. KOR team, Punt Team vs. PR team, etc.

What I was saying, as minimally as possible, was that if Cutler and Kaepernick had played Monday night, even Jay's presence may not have been enough to prevent the loss to the 9ers.

AC1 got my meaning; see above.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I Agree with Jw7 Bears are not that good and living a lie. The schedule they played before they met the Texans was embarrassingly easy. Even when they played the packers, the packers were not rolling on all cylinders and still won. Bears D is good, but did get exposed by a rookie backup qb. Or is he in his 2nd year? Bears offensive line is one of the worst in the NFL and Cutler can lose a game with his stubborness to adapt. I don't see it in the Bears at all. Add in the fact Lovie Smith doesn't know how to adjust the gameplan at halftime. See the superbowl verse the colts and recently Monday nights game. I live in Chicago so I see the Bears play all the time. They are not that good

Comment

I believe Bears still lose with Cutler in. And yes the game is a wash....The Bears should of had more of a advantage Campbell has been in the league for a number of years and has even started. You can't put all the blame on Campbell though. The play calling with borderline retarded. All that pressure and still calling drop back plays.

Comment

[QUOTE=FooserX;4585254]NO way?

The Bears have one of the best D's in the league, and the Patriots have done nothing but run all over us lately. QUOTE]

Say what?

We beat the crap out of the Pats the second half of the last game..

If Willis catchs that WIDE OPEN 4th and 1 and/or Does'nt fumble as we are drving in for a score we win that game.

Comment

[QUOTE=SammyWinder;4585473][QUOTE=FooserX;4585254]NO way?

The Bears have one of the best D's in the league, and the Patriots have done nothing but run all over us lately. QUOTE]

Say what?

We beat the crap out of the Pats the second half of the last game..

If Willis catchs that WIDE OPEN 4th and 1 and/or Does'nt fumble as we are drving in for a score we win that game.[/QUOTE]

Bench him! Oh, wait ...
                  Last edited by samparnell; 11-21-2012, 03:39 PM.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                  X