• Bernie24
    replied
    Ball LOL

HIllman sucks, too small not as explosive as advertised

it'll be Moreno bro

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    For those who think I hate Moreno can look at my post in here and see that I said they should start Moreno over our other backs. McGahee and Moreno are definitely our best backs so why not start them and let them be a great tandem in our back field?

I do not hate Moreno I just want to see more.

Leave a comment:

• False Start
    replied
    Knowshon

Yes, I'm back on the band wagon

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Originally posted by Lomax View Post
    I didn't say that he shouldn't start. I said that he wouldn't, because I believed that the coaches made a logical decision in benching him in the first place.

I was wrong on both counts, but you saying that you thought he should start does not contradict what I argued.

Thanks for trying.
    That makes absolutely no sense.

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I differed with what you said.

In post #8 of this thread, I recalled that Moreno was having a good game at KC last year before he was injured. KC still runs the same D with mostly the same personnel.

Moreno has more experience. That is why I thought he would start at KC. Expansive enough for you?

You had no idea why Moreno was inactive, but were assuming something.

It wasn't hindsight on my part. I thought he should start and indicated such on another thread as well.
    I didn't say that he shouldn't start. I said that he wouldn't, because I believed that the coaches made a logical decision in benching him in the first place.

I was wrong on both counts, but you saying that you thought he should start does not contradict what I argued.

Thanks for trying.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    You differ with what? That it makes no sense to deactivate a productive player, and then promote him over the 2nd and 3rd string backs after an injury?

Hindsight is 20/20, but if you're saying that was a logical move, please expand.
    I differed with what you said.

In post #8 of this thread, I recalled that Moreno was having a good game at KC last year before he was injured. KC still runs the same D with mostly the same personnel.

Moreno has more experience. That is why I thought he would start at KC. Expansive enough for you?

You had no idea why Moreno was inactive, but were assuming something.

It wasn't hindsight on my part. I thought he should start and indicated such on another thread as well.
    Last edited by samparnell; 12-20-2012, 11:45 AM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• Lomax
    replied
    Originally posted by samparnell View Post
    I differed then and still do.
    You differ with what? That it makes no sense to deactivate a productive player, and then promote him over the 2nd and 3rd string backs after an injury?

Hindsight is 20/20, but if you're saying that was a logical move, please expand.

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    Last year we were 1st overall in rushing too.

I'm fairly confident that Hillman will keep his place on the depth chart. It makes negative sense that McGahee going down would re-shuffle the deck, and a guy who has been a healthy scratch for weeks would suddenly become thestarter. If the coaches felt he was good enough to get the start, he would have been dressing for game day all along, and they won't do that to Ball and Hillman who were good enough to dress every week.
    I differed then and still do.

Leave a comment:

• xftballfanx
    replied
    I think that Hillman and Ball will split the majority of the snaps with Knowshon coming in to give them rest. I would love to see Moreno bust off a few big gains.

For a first rounder Moreno so hasn't been bad enough to label a bust, but also hasn't done a lot with the work he has gotten. Too much dancing around behind the line on most plays. If he would head uphill and fight for a few every play instead of trying to make 3 guys miss at -3 yards I think he'd be our starter. Hopefully his time being inactive has given him time to learn and made him a better back. I liked the pick when we drafted him and would hate to see such a talented college player slip down the NFL drainpipes.

Leave a comment:

• InElwayWeTrust
    replied
    Ronnie Hillman

Leave a comment:

• LightningRodBob
    replied
    I dunno who will end up starting, but I think the best thing we could do is let Knowshon get the bulk of the touches, around 20, and give Hillman 10-12 touches and try to get him in space. I don't think Lance Ball contributes anything that Moreno or Hillman don't do better.

Pass-Blocking: Knowshon is the best pass-blocking back we have (not including Willis)
    Pass-catching; Knowshon is definitely better, Hilman should be better but we haven't seen him catch many balls yet.
    Running between the tackles: Knowshon is better or at least equal
    Running outside: both Knowshon & Hillman are both better to the outside
    Explosiveness: both Knowshon and Hillman are better

Ball really doesn't do ANYTHING better than those 2. It perplexes me so much why Fox seems to be enamored with him.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoSynapses
    replied
    Originally posted by jaytea11 View Post
    I bet Ball leads the pack. He isn't spectacular but he's a safe play usually.
    Plus I think he performs well in pass protection, and I think that is their top concern regarding RB playing time.

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    I will not vote, because I am not sure. But I know for a fact who should start; our best RB at the moment, Moreno.

Leave a comment:

• Broncoboy6
    replied
    I voted Ronnie. I just hope that all of our RBs hold up and protect Peyton.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    I voted for Ball, because it would be hilarious to watch all the people around here come unglued if he starts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X