CBS Sunday Inside Look @Broncos Defense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sunday Inside Look @Broncos Defense

CBS this Sunday is going to have a special on the Broncos Defense. Just saw this during halftime set your DVRs
    This is me in 1979 in Denver, found this the other day. BRONCO 4 LIFE!!!

sigpic

I assume it's the pregame show?
    :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
    Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Yeah i guess I should have included that LOL
      This is me in 1979 in Denver, found this the other day. BRONCO 4 LIFE!!!

sigpic

Comment

Hopefully they didn't give away all of Denver's secrets.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
          Hopefully they didn't give away all of Denver's secrets.
          Nah, there really isn't any big secret as to how the Bronco D is performing so well.

1) LB's are cleaning up the run game, not allowing any big runs.

2) We have 2, ..TWO..elite pass rushers. There are a lot of teams out there that dont even have 1. And around those 2, we have others who are good at rushing the QB in their own right.

3) we have 3 corners capable of covering man to man.

4) #1 means teams have to throw more, especially on 3rd downs. #3 means that receivers dont usually get open quickly, and #2 means opposing QB's dont have a lot of time to wait for them to get open.

It isn't a secret at all how our D is doing so well. The only real surprise we have for anyone is from which direction Miller is going to come at their QB. Teams know where Dumervil is going to be, and can scheme to double team him (which they do on almost every pass play). But they do not know where Von is going to come from on any given play, sometimes he lines up on the right side, sometimes on the left, sometimes he stunts through the middle. It makes it very hard to assign protection, and almost guarantees he gets one on one blocking. Especially when he's lined up next to Elvis on the outside. This is something we do in long yardage situations, as offenses just cannot double team both when coming from the same side.
          sigpic

Comment

I know it's a real long shot but I do hope Del Rio decides he would like to stick around much like Capers did in Green Bay. I really don't want to go through yet another change at DC.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by simplistickhaos View Post
              I know it's a real long shot but I do hope Del Rio decides he would like to stick around much like Capers did in Green Bay. I really don't want to go through yet another change at DC.
              Agreed, I mentioned the same sentiment in another thread, as others have too. Maybe now with things going back to how they used to be we can get some more consistency on the coaching staff. The losses of coaches via firing, new jobs, etc. does hurt the team chemistry, but with the decisions our front office is making, I truly believe that they will continue to do what is best for the team.

Someone else mentioned how Kubiak stayed with us even after receiving job offers, until he found the right one (Texans) and with Coach DelRio's experience let's hope he doesn't get stolen too quickly from us.

sigpic
              The Bronco fan pledge;
              I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
              I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
              I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
              I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
              Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

I saw a little preview when I was watching the games yesterday. They interview Champ, Doom, Von and Woodyard at the same time. And the preview was Champ talking about the defense different personalities. Like Doom is more laidback and Von likes to dance etc.

Comment

The Broncos' D has chemistry which sometimes happens on its own. However, a good coach can create the atmosphere for it to develop. I think JDR has done this.

The Broncos' D is very disciplined, but they don't seem to get rattled at adversity. When things go wrong, adjustments are made on the sideline. They have clear gap assignments on run D and pursue extremely well. As previously stated by MH Stampede, the Backers are the key to the run D, but the DBs are providing a lot of run support, too.
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                    Nah, there really isn't any big secret as to how the Bronco D is performing so well.

1) LB's are cleaning up the run game, not allowing any big runs.

2) We have 2, ..TWO..elite pass rushers. There are a lot of teams out there that dont even have 1. And around those 2, we have others who are good at rushing the QB in their own right.

3) we have 3 corners capable of covering man to man.

4) #1 means teams have to throw more, especially on 3rd downs. #3 means that receivers dont usually get open quickly, and #2 means opposing QB's dont have a lot of time to wait for them to get open.

It isn't a secret at all how our D is doing so well. The only real surprise we have for anyone is from which direction Miller is going to come at their QB. Teams know where Dumervil is going to be, and can scheme to double team him (which they do on almost every pass play). But they do not know where Von is going to come from on any given play, sometimes he lines up on the right side, sometimes on the left, sometimes he stunts through the middle. It makes it very hard to assign protection, and almost guarantees he gets one on one blocking. Especially when he's lined up next to Elvis on the outside. This is something we do in long yardage situations, as offenses just cannot double team both when coming from the same side.
                    Great breakdown of our Dynamic D, Stay Healthy!!!
                    [sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      The Broncos' D has chemistry which sometimes happens on its own. However, a good coach can create the atmosphere for it to develop. I think JDR has done this.

The Broncos' D is very disciplined, but they don't seem to get rattled at adversity. When things go wrong, adjustments are made on the sideline. They have clear gap assignments on run D and pursue extremely well. As previously stated by MH Stampede, the Backers are the key to the run D, but the DBs are providing a lot of run support, too.
                      I absolutely agree with this. Overall the image is that our guys do have a great chemistry.

With Coach JDR, I think the big part is he was a former player too, and I'm sure for some it is so much easier to listen to a coach that has been there and done that.

sigpic
                      The Bronco fan pledge;
                      I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
                      I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
                      I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
                      I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
                      Bronco's Country.

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

Comment

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst: Jack Del Rio will probably receive some offers to be a head coach again, at least from college teams. One of the teams could be USC, since Lane Kiffin is a mess. Del Rio's work in Jacksonville was enough to make a viable head coach in the NCAA, and now his work with the Broncos' defense can only help his chances.
                        sigpic

Comment

Key to our defensive success, if I had to say, is SPEED and DEPTH.

We've had Warren get hurt, at arguably our worst position (according to these boards, I disagree) on the team. We had Porter go out when everybody on this boards thought we finally found Champ's partner in crime. DJ, our most well rounded linebacker (prior to this season) was suspended. Our starting FS from last season (Carter) was injured preseason.

Through all of these injuries, we've filled in with players like Vickerson, Chris Harris, Tony Carter, Wesley Woodyard, and Rahim Moore, players that are without a doubt starting quality. Even when Dumervil was injured against Carolina, Ayers played lights out.

The other key, as I said, is speed. As Deion Sanders said, this defense has speed at positions that you aren't used to seeing speed, such as DE (Dumervil) and LB (Von and Woodyard, who have safety speed). Take into account that our speedy linebackers are some of the best tacklers in the NFL, yet alone the Broncos, and we have ourselves a dynamic defense. Insert DJ Williams at MLB, and our defense can be legendary.
                          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

Would JDR really go from the NFL to the NCAA?? Idk doesn't seem like he should go from pro to college =/.

Comment

Originally posted by Preetv View Post
                              Would JDR really go from the NFL to the NCAA?? Idk doesn't seem like he should go from pro to college =/.
                              Possibility. But it all matters on what game he wants to coach in. If he plans on coming back to the NFL, i dont see him dropping down to the NCAA's. Being a dominate d.c. is more valuable on a resume than being a dominate ncaa head coach. IMO. I think he'll stick around for a bit.
                              Here we go Broncos Here we go!

Comment

Working...
                              X