I Believe the Chiefs Will Be...Annoying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Believe the Chiefs Will Be...Annoying

I said this in another thread, but thought I'd post it here and see what others think. Before I do, let me just reiterate that this is the NFL. This is not college. Talent disparity means absolutely nothing. What a team looks like on paper means absolutely nothing. How a team played last week means absolutely nothing. Styles make fights, and the NFL is fickle. Coaches can create looks, packages, and schemes to take players or even entire strategies out of the game.

I may be on my own here, but I think this will be a low scoring game. At least until there's some garbage time desperation or something.

The Chiefs lead the league in interceptions forced, and Crennel has a history of stifling Manning. I could see this starting out sloppy. The Chiefs will run the ball - averaging 145 yards per game on the ground against any defense - and dominate time of possession early. I wouldn't be surprised to see them up 10-7 at half.

Surely the Broncos will make adjustments for half number 2, but the game may end up a tad too close for comfort. Then watch as the boards blow up with fans talking about how the Broncos can't hang with the elite teams if it was that tough to beat the Chiefs.

All that said, I hope to be completely wrong and the final reads 45-7 Broncos, with ridiculous stats for Manning and Miller.

Your thoughts?

I think there is no way that this game is a low scoring. We have been averaging 30+ points per game, and i just can't seeing that happening now. We can score on all three phases of the game.
    HE>i

Comment

You're speaking nonsense. Sure, any team can win on any given Sunday, but that doesn't mean that when a top team is playing a bottom team, the top team should win in a blowout most times which is actually what usually happens with a smattering of close wins and losses.

But lowering your expectations to improve your mood when they're exceeded is something you like doing, go for it.
      My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
      . Post Your Artwork .
      . . . . . . . . . . .

Comment

The Broncos seem very focused in all three phases right now. They don't seem to get rattled when something doesn't go well. The Chiefs are a solid, professional football team in spite of their record. They just don't compare well in the QB department. It is at that position where the Broncos can neutralize KC's D to a certain extent. The Chiefs must not let the scoreboard slip away because they will be trying to come from behind against Denver's D.
        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

My thoughts are that there is no reason not to expect us to absolutely demolish the Chiefs.
          sigpic
          - ★ -
          2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Ever since the Broncos got past the first few games where they were giving the other team a head start, and waiting to score the majority of the points until after the half.... They've been at the top of their game. Can't think of too many division games with them that are low scoring games.
            sigpic
            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post

Your thoughts?

Broncos 44

chefs 6, maybe 13

May God Bless all men and women of our Armed Forces, past and present
              The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing
              http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
              My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
                My thoughts are that there is no reason not to expect us to absolutely demolish the Chiefs.
                ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

If we put up two quick TD's on them in the 1st quarter it's over. One thing about being on a bad team, when you get down its difficult, mentally, to keep fighting and come back. Put them down, make it quick and clean like. No prisoners, no mercy, no surrender

If we let them hang around through the 3rd quarter then I can see it becoming an uneasy game for us Broncos fans
                  Don't give up... Don't ever give up

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    I said this in another thread, but thought I'd post it here and see what others think. Before I do, let me just reiterate that this is the NFL. This is not college. Talent disparity means absolutely nothing. What a team looks like on paper means absolutely nothing. How a team played last week means absolutely nothing. Styles make fights, and the NFL is fickle. Coaches can create looks, packages, and schemes to take players or even entire strategies out of the game.

I may be on my own here, but I think this will be a low scoring game. At least until there's some garbage time desperation or something.

The Chiefs lead the league in interceptions forced, and Crennel has a history of stifling Manning. I could see this starting out sloppy. The Chiefs will run the ball - averaging 145 yards per game on the ground against any defense - and dominate time of possession early. I wouldn't be surprised to see them up 10-7 at half.

Surely the Broncos will make adjustments for half number 2, but the game may end up a tad too close for comfort. Then watch as the boards blow up with fans talking about how the Broncos can't hang with the elite teams if it was that tough to beat the Chiefs.

All that said, I hope to be completely wrong and the final reads 45-7 Broncos, with ridiculous stats for Manning and Miller.

Your thoughts?
                    I think the only way they are "annoying" is if we allow them to be. If we don't turn the ball over and convert on 3rd and short, it will be over fairly quick. Personally I think they're calling it a season and guys are just playing for a job next season. That can get dangerous is a team sleeps, but I don't think that's a problem with this team. 24-3 at the half and 38-13 final score. Moreno will have a nice day coming back, but Hillman will rush for 135 and a TD. Look for multiple sacks from several defenders. With Porter back, don't be surprised if Champ gets a sack.
                    #swapping

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
                      You're speaking nonsense.
                      But lowering your expectations to improve your mood when they're exceeded is something you like doing, go for it.
                      Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                      I think there is no way that this game is a low scoring.
                      Hey AO, Yo BB6 ! Long time no see.
                      Hope that all is well with you and yours !!
                      GO BRONCOS !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
                        That has nothing to do with it, but thanks for telling me how I think.

I think the Broncos will win. Some of what you guys are saying is possible: if the Broncos score touchdowns early, it will be over fast. The Chiefs intercept a lot of passes and Crennel has formulated packages to frustrate Manning in the past. The Chiefs run the ball well which keeps him on the sidelines.

Great QB play is essential, but it isn't everything. If the Chiefs make him play mediocre - especially since they are desperate - what will the other two phases have to feed off of?

No, the games aren't usually blowouts with a few close games. It's usually a pretty tight game, and often times tighter than the score. The game isn't in the hands of one team. The Patriots of the last few years have been one of the extremely rare exceptions to that, and they have won a Super Bowl since 2004. They also have 3 losses this year. The Falcons are barely winning games they should be winning; the Texans didn't blowout the Jags or Lions; how about the second meeting between the Broncos and Chargers? San Diego had gotten steadily worse since the first meeting, while Denver steadily better. Ended up a little bit frustrating for fans as the game got late. These are a just a few more recent examples.

Sure, the Denver offense is scoring a lot of points. They may well do so again. Notice I also didn't just leave it as a "low scoring game". I did point out garbage time, different circumstances, etc.

Kansas City can be annoying just by showing up and having a decent game plan coupled with a little heart. The players don't give up on seasons, because their jobs depend on it.

Denver just has to have an off day in one area, or an unforeseen injury, and suddenly it's a dogfight.

Denver should win big, but the NFL has a history of proving what should happen is often the exception, not the rule.

Once more, my hope is a big fat blowout. The outcome also doesn't make me right or wrong, as it's just a pre-game hypothesis.

Comment

barring any missteps on special teams, no way the chiefs hang with us. Sure we might start off slow but this game will be over by the end of the third.
                          /Users/stevennelson/Desktop/130104092350_rex-ryan-tattoo.jpg Jets!Jets!Jets!

Comment

Originally posted by IABronco05 View Post
                            If we put up two quick TD's on them in the 1st quarter it's over. One thing about being on a bad team, when you get down its difficult, mentally, to keep fighting and come back. Put them down, make it quick and clean like. No prisoners, no mercy, no surrender

If we let them hang around through the 3rd quarter then I can see it becoming an uneasy game for us Broncos fans
                            Another thing about a bad team... they like to ruin other teams chances at the playoffs... and division teams are always one's to look at for. But Denver's still gonna rock it.
                            sigpic
                            Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 :nono: to every player he covers
                            Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
                            Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris
                            Adopted Bronco - 2020/21 - Courtland Sutton

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                              I think there is no way that this game is a low scoring. We have been averaging 30+ points per game, and i just can't seeing that happening now. We can score on all three phases of the game.
                              Depends on how quickly Fox calls off the dogs. I never underestimate any team but I didn't like watching SD creep back into last week's game. Hopefully we have a run game today and for the rest of the season.

I'm not used to feeling this confident on game day since Plummer left. More than the talent on the field I trust our coaching staff to make adjustments. Just get us a W Broncos...
                              [sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X