• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doogansquest - You called it. :thumb:
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Wow, i was totally off.

On the other hand, i hope we don't see this happning again this season.
      HE>i

Comment

Dude....how!!?

Lol

Comment

It's not like Denver played terrible either. A lot of the same schemes and routines. The Chiefs applied good pressure, ran the ball well themselves, and their defense had some interesting looks. They held time of possession well until the last Denver drive where Manning and crew ate up a bunch of time and kicked a field goal.

They were pesky. It doesn't mean that Denver is slipping or whatever. Just means that there are other teams on the field as well.

Comment

Expect a high scoring affair next week against TB. I think Denver will put up 40!
            We are going with Plan A

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
              Yes, it was possible to predict, making it predictable in the literal sense of the word. However coming into this game there was no reason to think we shouldn't be able to dominate the Chiefs. It was not "predictable" in the sense that it was something the evidence pointed towards as likely. In the end, you've got to give credit to KC for fighting hard while our offense stuttered and stumbled, and I can't deny you called this game correctly. However I doubt you were expecting our defensive line to get blown up by a patchwork chiefs OL, or for Peyton Manning to struggle as mightily as he did early on after being effective for most of the season, or for Matt Prater to miss as many field goals as he has missed all season. If you truly expected those things then you are a very, very pessimistic person and it's unfortunate your predication was accurate. I wouldn't take much pleasure in it.
              That doesn't make me pessimistic, it makes me realistic.

I did expect the measure by which Denver would have a struggle:

1. Manning didn't have an off day. Crennel has always presented problems for him. He "struggled mightily" because of what he was presented with. How he's played all season has no bearing on today. Different opponent, different challenges. Keep in mind that Crennel was with New England when they used to give him trouble. I made these cases up front.

2. Denver's defensive line was "blown up" as you said, but I did note that the Chiefs would find success running the ball. The names on the jerseys don't dictate the fact that the Chiefs are well coached in that area and can run on absolutely anyone. I said this up front.

So I did truly expect those things. My prediction was based on evidence, given the opposition, style of play, etc. You are just trying to package the struggles differently to suggest I was only on target with the overall scoring. It's unfortunate that you unrealistically expect a good team to blow out every opponent who's worse than them on paper. It sets you up for disappointment when it doesn't happen.
              Last edited by Doogansquest; 11-25-2012, 05:57 PM.

Comment

We really need a prophecy forum. It could be called it The Oracle of Dove Valley, or the Sibyl of Mile High.
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I don't "unrealistically expect a good team to blow out every opponent who's worse than them" - I expect a team who's being talked about atop the NFL with the elite to convincingly dispatch the team who's making a case for being the absolute worst. Especially when we have outperformed the aforementioned bottom feeder in almost every facet of the game of football up to this point. The Chiefs had a few things going for them, sure; Jamaal Charles, Crennel, and a history of hard-fought games at Arrowhead. The Broncos had, essentially, everything else. A logical assessment would suggest that we should've expected the Broncos to win with relative ease - that the positives would outweigh the negatives. This week, they didn't. But, well done on calling it. Really.
                  sigpic
                  - ★ -
                  2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
                    I don't "unrealistically expect a good team to blow out every opponent who's worse than them" - I expect a team who's being talked about atop the NFL with the elite to convincingly dispatch the team who's making a case for being the absolute worst. Especially when we have outperformed the aforementioned bottom feeder in almost every facet of the game of football up to this point. The Chiefs had a few things going for them, sure; Jamaal Charles, Crennel, and a history of hard-fought games at Arrowhead. The Broncos had, essentially, everything else. A logical assessment would suggest that we should've expected the Broncos to win with relative ease - that the positives would outweigh the negatives. This week, they didn't. But, well done on calling it. Really.
                    The positives did outweigh the negatives - hence the Broncos victory despite tough circumstances. You underplayed the Chiefs positives and overplayed the Broncos, however. There just isn't that much of a difference anywhere in the NFL. It's not like the difference between the top SEC team and the bottom MWAC team. Every NFL team has loads of talent. It's 100% about game plan and execution of said game plan. The style of play Kansas City presented, couple with playing in Arrowhead, gave them the best possible chance to play spoiler. I'm sure it will be a tad more lopsided the next time around. Even so, it will come down to adjustments, not talent level.

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                      Doogansquest - You called it. :thumb:
                      The Peyton fans called it as well.. when he posted up the poll the only folks that thought it would be an sizeable win were Broncos fans.. us Colt/Peyton fans know all too well about the NE defense from the early 2000's. He gave Peyton absolute fits.
                      I had a gut feeling it would be a tough game.
                      Dang a tricky defense..
                      PROUND MEMBER OF THE MILE HIGH MANNING FIVEHEAD FAN CLUB! MEMBER #101!

Comment

Bronco fans also ought to know about Arrowhead Stadium. Brady Quinn didn't freak out and lose the game. Still, the Chiefs had more rushing than passing attempts and more rushing than passing yards. Denver's D kept them out of the EZ - mission accomplished.
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                          Surely the Broncos will make adjustments for half number 2, but the game may end up a tad too close for comfort. Then watch as the boards blow up with fans talking about how the Broncos can't hang with the elite teams if it was that tough to beat the Chiefs.

All that said, I hope to be completely wrong and the final reads 45-7 Broncos, with ridiculous stats for Manning and Miller.

Your thoughts?
                          You are a prophet, sir!! Congratulations on "nailing it!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                            Wow, i was totally off.

On the other hand, i hope we don't see this happning again this season.
                            I don't see it happening again. Crennel is one of the few defensive minds in the league who can devise a scheme to slow down Manning. Note I do not say "stop Manning," but slow him down. Throw in an untimely turnover or two, a couple of missed FG's or the like, and you have yourself a tight ballgame.

Comment

Working...
                            X