No announcement yet.

Worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teams have more tape on us, and we are not playing bad defenses. They are still evolving but we can still close out games with the run (even with McGahee out) and our passing offense (when catching balls) still is very hard to stop. I'm not worried. Denver can beat anyone in the league; they just have to do it consistently in the playoffs.

Comment

Sense 1994, our record at Arrowhead is 6-13. This is also the first time we won 2 years in a row during that same period. In fact between 96-98 (The years of our best teams) we are 1-2 at Arrowhead. Even John Elway had trouble in Arrowhead. So for all you Chicken Littles out there, the sky is not falling! The fact that we came away with a win is pretty impressive in itself. So if anything we should be excited, not worried.
      sigpic

Comment

We had a very tough schedule this year, and with Manning new to the team and with Decker and Thomas known for dropping the ball, I think we are doing very good, and considering we lost McGahee we might not be as good going down the stretch, but I believe Moreno will do just enough to keep us going until McGahee comes back.
        sigpic

Comment

What worries me is our apparent inability to stop the run. The Chiefs were running the ball all over our D, and the worst part is that we knew it was coming. If we can't stop the run, a team like the Pats or Texans will make us pay
          @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by mb3playa View Post
            What worries me is our apparent inability to stop the run. The Chiefs were running the ball all over our D, and the worst part is that we knew it was coming. If we can't stop the run, a team like the Pats or Texans will make us pay
            Yeah but we have to remember Charles is an amazing talent. If he wasn't underutilized with the Chiefs, he would probably lead the league in rushing every year. He is super fast, seems he gets 5 yards before we even know he has the ball, LOL.

I do agree though, that we need to get better at stopping the run when we need to. Its when we are able to force teams to pass, since we have a big lead when our defense plays best.

Comment

Yeah, not sure why we had so much trouble. We have to be more creative vs outstanding offensive lines.
              The Chiefs do have a pretty good run game, mostly from great blocking.
              sigpic

Comment

Yesterday was a bit of a mess at stopping the run. But, most of the year this team has been decent at run defense. We are currently averaging 98 rushing yards allowed per game (9th in NFL), we have allowed only 5 rushing TDs (7th in NFL), and the most impressive stat is that we are allowing only 3.6 yards per attempt (2nd in the NFL).

Kansas City has the 4th ranked rushing offense in the NFL, they are averaging 146 yards a game, we gave up 148 yards in yesterdays game (very close to their average). The biggest problem with the Chiefs is, mostly because of turnovers, they have gotten blown out a lot, in the games they've kept close (Bal, Pit, NO, Den), they are averaging almost 200 yards a game on the ground.

Comment

The Chiefs were playing keep away (VonDoom from the QB) so Charles was destined to rack up the numbers. However, he didn't get in the end zone so our D did their job I think.

Comment

The Chiefs are #4 rushing and the Broncos are #9 on run D. The Chiefs had more rushing than passing attempts and more rushing yards than passing. It wasn't a problem.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                    X