Bolts almost give us a early Christmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolts almost give us a early Christmas Present

With a win over Baltimore, Ravens need OT to beat Chargers. Lions almost take down the Texans on Thanksgiving. I guess we're going to have to do it ourselves!

Just win out, and we'll be ahead of Baltimore anyways. And if we win out, and the Pats lose 1 more game ( Which they still play the 49ers and Texans), then we will get the #2 seed. So its still very much possible.

Texans are the team that we won't be able to catch though imo. Even though they should have lost the last 3 games. Oh well. Just gotta keep winning.
    :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
      Just win out, and we'll be ahead of Baltimore anyways. And if we win out, and the Pats lose 1 more game ( Which they still play the 49ers and Texans), then we will get the #2 seed. So its still very much possible.

Texans are the team that we won't be able to catch though imo. Even though they should have lost the last 3 games. Oh well. Just gotta keep winning.
      Very thankful we've got Tampa bay at home next week.... Last few games at home as well...

Comment

The best Xmas present I want from SD is for Dean Spanos to keep AJ Smith, Norv, and Rivers for a few more years.
        Last edited by RockyMts69; 11-26-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockyMts69 View Post
          The best Xmas present I want from SD is for Dean Spanosto keep AJ Smith, Norv, and Rivers for a few more years.
          Now this would be a real christmas present.

Comment

This talk is all well and good, but I want to know how well the Broncs can be expected to do in the playoffs...how far can the realistically be expected to go....given Peyton's history with the Colts.

Is anyone concerned with a career dome QB, no matter who it may be, playing outside at Mile High in January...? Am I over-thinking this? Can Peyton buck the tide and get this job done, even with a bye and second seed?

Comment

Just got through reading that Ray Lewis might come back to play when we play against the Ravens....we need to Ravens and Patriots to lose a couple of games
              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bojangles View Post
                This talk is all well and good, but I want to know how well the Broncs can be expected to do in the playoffs...how far can the realistically be expected to go....given Peyton's history with the Colts.

Is anyone concerned with a career dome QB, no matter who it may be, playing outside at Mile High in January...? Am I over-thinking this? Can Peyton buck the tide and get this job done, even with a bye and second seed?
                NO is a dome and that's the most important game of the post season! That and if we face HOU, dome as well. So there's a probability that we could have 2 outdoor and 2 dome games.
                #swapping

Comment

Peyton Manning is an experienced veteran and has played half of his games on the road. The lack of a dome will not affect him, if anything it will make him stronger.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ArmChairQB7 View Post
                    With a win over Baltimore, Ravens need OT to beat Chargers. Lions almost take down the Texans on Thanksgiving. I guess we're going to have to do it ourselves!
                    There are a few different scenarios where Baltimore winning this game is a good thing for us. Number one, of course, is that we are now only 1 win or SD loss away from the division title, conventional thinking would be win the division first, then worry about seeding.

The second reason is that if we end up tied with New England using tie breaking procedures we also want Baltimore tied with us, because the fact New England has beaten us won't matter in a 3 way tie (that is of course if we win in Baltimore).

In one possible scenario, if the Broncos and New England win out, and Baltimore losses only to the Broncos, all 3 teams end at 13-3, no team has a head to head advantage over the other two, it then goes to conference record, which New England wins with only 1 conference loss, we would be the 3rd seed.

In order to guarantee the 2nd seed, worrying about what Baltimore doesn't matter, we need to win out and New England needs to lose another game.

Comment

Peyton's history with the Colts? Do you mean in taking two teams with shoddy defenses to the Superbowl and winning one of them?

The dome has nothing to do with it. Peyton never had a defense he could depend on in Indianapolis, at least from what I recall. The year the Colts won the Superbowl they had one of the worst rushing defenses in history. Their defenses were always near the bottom while Peyton was there. So what was your point again?
                      Last edited by Steamboat7; 11-26-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

I think some may have misread the second part of your post. (I did initially.)

Any quarterback is a concern "playing outside at Mile High in January". That is why you build a "total team" around them. The Bronco's Defense, Special Teams, Offensive Line and Running Backs (including McGahee) will also be taking the field should we be playing here in January.

By the way, do you know Peyton's history with the Colts? Not only did he win 4 league MVP titles and took his team to 2 Super Bowls (winning one), he AVERAGED 12 win a year in regular season. This is though-out his entire career there. (Playing half those games on the road.) On top of that, he did it with much lesser teams around him.

Given that he signed a 5 year contract. I like the Bronco's chances of winning at least one Super Bowl soon.

:thumb:
                        Last edited by kevlar441; 11-26-2012, 10:47 AM.
                        "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

One more point.

The disadvantages of our Quarterback playing here in January are obvious. The advantage is that the opposing Quarterback has to play here too. (With both teams playing in Mile High air.)
                          "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

Peton Manning practices outside every day in Englewood. This would be where Woody Paige would be allowed to use the terms acclimation, acclimate, acclimatize. PM is no longer a dome QB.
                            "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

When a team can't stop 4th and 29......well, goodbye Bolts.

Expect a major overhaul by next season.

Comment

Working...
                              X