Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

    This is an if, and a huge one at that. But, if Knowshon continues the rest of the season with games equal to or better than the game yesterday, does he keep the job moving forward?

    85 rush yards, 25 recieving yards a game is good stuff, if he can maintain that pace, obviously adding some TDs as well, I say the job is his. As over a 16 game seson those are pro bowl numbers, extrapolating to 1300 rush yards and 400 recieving yards. Obviously extrapolating stats means nothing, but I'm just saying that yesterday's game was a very good one for him, and if he can match or better it for the remainder of the year, he will certainly look a lot more like a 1st round pick, and could very well keep the job even when Willis returns and going forward.

    If someone who has the power to add a poll to this wishes to, please do.

  • #2
    Well, no matter what happens. He could rush for 100 yards a game the rest of the season and I think we still add another back via draft or free agency. Its no knock on Knowshon, but it will be an insurance policy just in case Willis doesnt come back full strength and is slowed down by the injury and another year of age. We would need another big back to take his place because Jacob Hester is just a temporary fix. Knowshon is best at 15-20 carries a game with about 5 catches to add.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think Knowshon performed very well. That being said, his best career games have all come against the Chiefs (historically) and his performance in other games have been hit or miss. So I think Knowshon can very well average 1100 total yards a season and 8-10 total TDs (assuming he stays healthy). Those are solid running back numbers, but not elite (e.g. Adrian Peterson, Lesean McCoy, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Matt Forte).

      Because of his production, I would definitely supporting him remaining on the team and being a back-up / situational RB. That being said, it's hard to throw my full weight behind him being "THE" running back of the future given his injury prone history and a slightly above average production even when he IS 100% healthy.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by SinePari View Post
        I think Knowshon performed very well. That being said, his best career games have all come against the Chiefs (historically) and his performance in other games have been hit or miss. So I think Knowshon can very well average 1100 total yards a season and 8-10 total TDs (assuming he stays healthy). Those are solid running back numbers, but not elite (e.g. Adrian Peterson, Lesean McCoy, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Matt Forte).

        Because of his production, I would definitely supporting him remaining on the team and being a back-up / situational RB. That being said, it's hard to throw my full weight behind him being "THE" running back of the future given his injury prone history and a slightly above average production even when he's 100% healthy.
        Very fair and logical assessment.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SinePari View Post
          I think Knowshon performed very well. That being said, his best career games have all come against the Chiefs (historically) and his performance in other games have been hit or miss. So I think Knowshon can very well average 1100 total yards a season and 8-10 total TDs (assuming he stays healthy). Those are solid running back numbers, but not elite (e.g. Adrian Peterson, Lesean McCoy, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Matt Forte).

          Because of his production, I would definitely supporting him remaining on the team and being a back-up / situational RB. That being said, it's hard to throw my full weight behind him being "THE" running back of the future given his injury prone history and a slightly above average production even when he IS 100% healthy.
          Very fair. Also my post is under the assumption he has ditched the injury bug finally

          Comment


          • #6
            Papa,

            Everyone in the Western Hemisphere knows how you feel about Moreno's talent. Yesterday he showed me something beyond that. My feeling, all along, was that Moreno's forced "hiatus" was a last ditch effort to teach him patience, how to follow his blocks and then explode through the appropriate hole accordingly. On one play he came to a dead stop and then somehow suddenly was more than five yards through a hole that wasn't apparent at all before.

            Rather than speculate on whether he can do it for the rest of the season, I want him to make it two in a row. Old habits die hard and his over anxiousness may rear it's head at a moments notice.

            Another consideration is that his contract begins to escalate up-wards beginning next year.

            I want what is best for the team. Jacob Hester adds a new dynamic and experience that can only help all concerned.

            You seem to feel some vested personal interest in Moreno's success. Until recently, McGahee was (according to most observers) "head and shoulders" above the rest as the obvious choice for an every down back. That takes more than talent. That takes grit. Can Moreno become THAT? I think the jury is still out and will be for some time.

            "One in a row" is not a very long streak by most people's standards. So my vote is in the "if" category when the poll is created.

            Last edited by kevlar441; 11-26-2012, 08:05 PM.
            "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

            Comment


            • #7
              I am his biggest fan, probably lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Even if he finishes out 100 yards per game the rest of the season, it will all come down how much money he demands from the team.

                The FO has a lot of cap management to do for next season.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                  Papa,

                  Everyone in the Western Hemisphere knows how you feel about Moreno's talent. Yesterday he showed me something beyond that. My feeling, all along, was that Moreno's forced "hiatus" was a last ditch effort to teach him patience, how to follow his blocks and then explode through the appropriate whole accordingly. On one play he came to a dead stop and then somehow suddenly was more than five yards through a whole that wasn't apparent at all before.

                  Rather than speculate on whether he can do it for the rest of the season, I want him to make it two in a row. Old habits die hard and his over anxiousness may rear it's head at a moments notice.

                  Another consideration is that his contract begins to escalate up-wards beginning next year.

                  I want what is best for the team. Jacob Hester adds a new dynamic and experience that can only help all concerned.

                  You seem to feel some vested personal interest in Moreno's success. Until recently, McGahee was (according to most observers) "head and shoulders" above the rest as the obvious choice for an every down back. That takes more than talent. That takes grit. Can Moreno become THAT? I think the jury is still out and will be for some time.

                  "One in a row" is not a very long streak by most people's standards. So my vote is in the "if" category when the poll is created.

                  Well said, CP.
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I want Knowshon to be one of our future stable of running backs. I would love to see us pick up a nasty fullback.
                    HE>i

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So much hate for him all season....He has one decent game. He has a long way to go before he redeems himself. I hope he does comeback as it would be one of the biggest turnaround/most improved player scenarios in recent memory. We'll see..

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        This is an if, and a huge one at that. But, if Knowshon continues the rest of the season with games equal to or better than the game yesterday, does he keep the job moving forward?

                        85 rush yards, 25 recieving yards a game is good stuff, if he can maintain that pace, obviously adding some TDs as well, I say the job is his. As over a 16 game seson those are pro bowl numbers, extrapolating to 1300 rush yards and 400 recieving yards. Obviously extrapolating stats means nothing, but I'm just saying that yesterday's game was a very good one for him, and if he can match or better it for the remainder of the year, he will certainly look a lot more like a 1st round pick, and could very well keep the job even when Willis returns and going forward.

                        If someone who has the power to add a poll to this wishes to, please do.
                        I'm a pretty big fan of Moreno's myself, his biggest problem to date has been injury interspersed with the occasional fumble.

                        Willis has shown us that both injuries and fumbles can be overcome if the upside is palatable. The injury sustained last season was just bad luck with defenders landing on him awkwardly. His recovery was timely and he looks stronger as a result. His preseason carries looked good granted they were against non starters.

                        Barring future lawlessness I'm pulling for him to play to his potential and help this team by allowing us to use draft pics for positions we didn't already spend a first rounder on. I love the way he's covering the ball up with both hands and running with attitude. Stay healthy dude!
                        [sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I am one of his few biggest supporters. I think we all know that, but to answer the question. No. I do not think so. We are going to go with three actives on game day next year just like this year.

                          Willis, knowshon, Hillman...problem is, none of them play st. So unless we keep Hester at FB/rb and play st, it is unlikely. Ltd also not forget that we are likely to add another rb in the draft or FA.

                          I love me some knowshon, but I think he is a one contract back with the broncos. I really hope that is not the case, but I doubt it.
                          So far:
                          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                            I want Knowshon to be one of our future stable of running backs. I would love to see us pick up a nasty fullback.
                            Whoops did not know we signed Hester.
                            HE>i

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DT88 View Post
                              So much hate for him all season....He has one decent game. He has a long way to go before he redeems himself. I hope he does comeback as it would be one of the biggest turnaround/most improved player scenarios in recent memory. We'll see..
                              I hate the word hate. (Seems adolescent to me.)

                              What people on these forums need to realize "at the get go" is that we all share something in common that should ALWAYS overshadow our differences! We would not be here if we were not Bronco fans.

                              Papa knows that I would love to see Moreno succeed. Our difference in "opinions" are simply a difference of perspective! However, the respect is always there.

                              All too hidden in all this is the fact that we (as Broncos fans) used to be considered the "class act" of the league. Notice how quickly this organization's owner righted the ship by firing "a certain someone" and hiring Elway when things got out of hand.

                              I want Moreno to succeed.

                              This organization represents more than just a team or a player to many of us. It has a long history of representing ideals too few recognize (let alone remember and live by) these days.



                              EDIT: Loved your post. Just hate the word hate.
                              Last edited by kevlar441; 11-26-2012, 08:01 PM.
                              "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X