Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like what Moreno is doing especially holding on to the football. He still has to prove to me that he is the one for this team. Everyone is excited about these last two game but they were against the 25th & 26th ranked rushing defenses and today the Ravens defense was absolutely demolished with injuries even more so than they have been. Moreno should have rushed for over 100 yards given the condition the defense was in for the Ravens.

Also late in the game it looked like he got hurt and he never came back in the game. This hopefully is nothing serious and was just a precaution. He is getting brownie points and if he keeps going then I may change my mind that he could be our running back of the future.
    sigpic
    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
      Moreno should have rushed for over 100 yards given the condition the defense was in for the Ravens.
      Moreno did rush for over 100 yards. Moreno had 118 yards rushing. I don't think that Moreno was hurt; I believe that the Broncos didn't want him to get hurt, so they took him out.
      2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
      Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Moreno has two 100-yard rushing games this year. Before this season, Moreno only had two games in his career in which that happened.
        2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
        Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

• Still no, but RB is looking like a lesser and lesser need heading into the offseason...

Comment

• Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
            Still no, but RB is looking like a lesser and lesser need heading into the offseason...
            I agree with u. Is he the "bell cow" of our future? For now, I'd say only as long as Manning is here. If we were to go back to traditional "Fox-ball", he is not the guy for that. He is perfect for Manning though, as Manning can do so much with him to get him in space, either running or receiving. If Brock, or whoever takes over after Manning, goes back to what we ran when KO was under center, we will be looking for his replacement.
            #swapping

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
              Moreno did rush for over 100 yards. Moreno had 118 yards rushing. I don't think that Moreno was hurt; I believe that the Broncos didn't want him to get hurt, so they took him out.
              What I meant was that any running back should have been able to rush for 100 yards against the Ravens. Moreno running for a 118 in this game is not that great of an accomplishment. Same could be said for the last game that just about any running back could run for 100 yards. These last two games should not be how we set the bar for our running backs considering they were against some of the leagues worst rushing defenses.

That is all I was trying to convey.
              sigpic
              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

What I meant was that any running back should have been able to rush for 100 yards against the Ravens. Moreno running for a 118 in this game is not that great of an accomplishment. Same could be said for the last game that just about any running back could run for 100 yards. These last two games should not be how we set the bar for our running backs considering they were against some of the leagues worst rushing defenses.

That is all I was trying to convey.
                Moreno - 22 carries 118 yards

Rest of team - 23 carries 45 yards

Does that mean the rest of our runners suck? Or does it mean that people keep underrating Moreno, and keep trying to downplay his success?

Just lol at your point. Not that great of accomplishments.. Any time a back has back to back 115+ rushing performances is great.

Should not be how we set the standard? 115+ yards isn't good enough? Lmao..what? Should we be expecting 150 yard games every week?

Knowshon is playing fantastically, much better than McGahee ever has for us, and it is extremely disturbing how hard you are trying to downplay how great Moreno is doing for us, when the rest of the RBs aren't even coming close to his production.

Comment

• I said it three weeks ago and I think everything is working out great....

I want him to be very successful; one because we need a run game and second because his value will be higher if he plays great.

He is earning his keep right now but I am not in favor of counting on him alone going into next year; he has found away to let us down in the past and I am just not comfortable going into an off season with him as the #1
                  We are the Organization that " EVERYONE " wants to be a part of

sigpic

Comment

• His ball security was great today, I couldn't believe it was the same Knowshon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Moreno - 22 carries 118 yards

Rest of team - 23 carries 45 yards

Does that mean the rest of our runners suck? Or does it mean that people keep underrating Moreno, and keep trying to downplay his success?

Just lol at your point. Not that great of accomplishments.. Any time a back has back to back 115+ rushing performances is great.

Should not be how we set the standard? 115+ yards isn't good enough? Lmao..what? Should we be expecting 150 yard games every week?

Knowshon is playing fantastically, much better than McGahee ever has for us, and it is extremely disturbing how hard you are trying to downplay how great Moreno is doing for us, when the rest of the RBs aren't even coming close to his production.
                      Did he even touch the ball in the 4th quarter? It wasn't much if he did. Had we continued to feed him he may have well been up to 140ish by the end. It was nice to be able to rest him though. I think it reaffirms his value to the team and to the front office.

Comment

I like what Moreno is doing especially holding on to the football. He still has to prove to me that he is the one for this team. Everyone is excited about these last two game but they were against the 25th & 26th ranked rushing defenses and today the Ravens defense was absolutely demolished with injuries even more so than they have been. Moreno should have rushed for over 100 yards given the condition the defense was in for the Ravens.

Also late in the game it looked like he got hurt and he never came back in the game. This hopefully is nothing serious and was just a precaution. He is getting brownie points and if he keeps going then I may change my mind that he could be our running back of the future.

What about Tampa and the #1 rush d? I think the chargers were pretty good in that dept. Carolina as well. Lest we forget those games.
                        So far:
                        FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
                        1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• I realize that Moreno dropped too many balls in his first year, but I wouldn't classify him as a fumbler anymore. Sure, it can happen, but he seems to have fixed that problem. I think folks get fixated on a previous problem. It's as if a person is forever questioned about an old flaw.

From what I've seen since Willis got hurt, Moreno is performing like a quality back. I like how he is running, and how he is handling the ball, and how he blocks, and how he catches and how he has become a good teammate.

Comment

• Great Job by Knowshon!!! He's always been a tough runner, but he lack patients and couldn't stay healthy. Now that those 2 problems seems to be solved, he being the type of back that some of us thought he would be!
                            sigpic

Comment

• I think the thing that has impressed me the most about Moreno this season was something I heard on the broadcast today. I believe it was Dan Dierdorf who said that when Moreno was inactive for all those games, instead of sulking and being a distraction, that he rededicated himself to football and that what we are seeing today is a direct result of that work.
                              sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                              Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                              Adopted By:
                              Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                              Broncbeat

Comment

• I love the way he has basically got rid of dancing in the backfield. He gets the ball and hits the hole like our old rbs used to do with shanny. He follows blocks now very very well and fights for the extra yards. I think he is a clone of McGahee being the same type of size and physical runnerm but Moreno might have the 3rd best set of hands on our team. Given what hes doing now and given a full year, I dont see why he cant put up 1,250 rushing yards, 300 recieving yards and 8 TDs next year.

He is now the RB we drafted. You can also tell that he is playing smarter and with a veteran savvyness to his game. Lets hope he turns into one of those backs who play the rest of their career with a chip on their shoulder from not doing well and getting benched for 3 years. I would love to spend a draft pick somewhere else of need and not RB.

Comment

Working...
                                X