Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only thing I will say is that he doesnt have the top speed to bust those 70 yard runs like you see elite backs do. Since we love comparing people, If he keeps this up, hes similar style to Matt Forte.

Comment

• I love how someone said a couple of weeks ago that one of their biggest complaints is that he goes down too easy....LOL Ya after he drags 5 defenders another 3-4 yards! Or flying leaps over their head.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
        I think the thing that has impressed me the most about Moreno this season was something I heard on the broadcast today. I believe it was Dan Dierdorf who said that when Moreno was inactive for all those games, instead of sulking and being a distraction, that he rededicated himself to football and that what we are seeing today is a direct result of that work.
        This is true. During his being inactive, he was voted scout team player of the week a few times I believe. It seems as if he followed Magahee around and learned all he could. I also truly believe that Manning being on the team pushed him to want to be better. Everybody plays a little harder when a future HOFer is under center.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee
          Are you a Knowmo-maniac? Are you going to react to criticism of Knowmo the same way the Tebowmaniacs reacted to criticism of Tebow?

I'm all for Moreno succeeding. However, there's a reason McGahee was signed before last season.

If Knowshon had lived up to the promise he showed coming out of Georgia, McGahee never would have been signed in the first place and maybe McDaniels wouldn't have been fired when he was. So, I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that Moreno decided to wait until now to show out.

If McGahee hadn't gotten hurt, Moreno might have been out the door after the season. As it stands now, he will certainly be around for training camp and preseason and probably for next season.
          McGahee was signed to a 4-12 team to be Moreno's backup, and outplayed him early in 2011, taking the job for good when Moreno went down.

Now, Moreno does the exact same thing to McGahee, only after he got hurt cause he couldn't get the chance. He's proving that he's a big time back, but you're too blind to look around and see what's happening.
          Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

• Originally posted by ChampPik4Six View Post
            The only thing I will say is that he doesnt have the top speed to bust those 70 yard runs like you see elite backs do. Since we love comparing people, If he keeps this up, hes similar style to Matt Forte.
            Disagree with Forte, even though they produce the same types of plays, in build and running style I think he has been playing like Mendenhall recently.
            Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

• I can't stop replaying the hurdle of Reed. Seriously he hurdled a 5' 11'' man who was not even lowering his shoulder to tackle.

Since Moreno has become our starter he has rushed for 391 yards on 94 carries. He is averaging 98 rushing yards per game and 4.16 per attempt.

Add 96 receiving yards and he's averaging over 120 all purpose yards per game.

When you have a QB like Manning who is the focus of the offense having a RB who can put up these types of numbers is great. I guarantee you Manning is loving it.

If Moreno finishes this season at this rate and continues to produce like this into the playoffs I can almost guarantee you he is our starter week 1 next season.
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Pumped for Knowshon. He's playing like his career is on the line, which it was.

I've been a huge doubter. Hopefully he can continue to play like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
                  McGahee was signed to a 4-12 team to be Moreno's backup, and outplayed him early in 2011, taking the job for good when Moreno went down.

Now, Moreno does the exact same thing to McGahee, only after he got hurt cause he couldn't get the chance. He's proving that he's a big time back, but you're too blind to look around and see what's happening.
                  Why are you butt hurt? Is it because I'm not ready to name Moreno the greatest running back in Broncos' history? Is it because I actually want to see him perform at high level when he's not worried about being cut after the next mistake before I call him the future at running back?

He was the first round pick 3 seasons ago, he's supposed to be the running back of the present.

I'm glad he's doing well right now. I had high hopes for him when he was drafted. I was one of his defenders when people were mocking his selection. I hope he keeps up the good job. I'll be one of the happiest people in the world for him.
                  My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                  You Mad Bro?
                  Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                    Why are you butt hurt? Is it because I'm not ready to name Moreno the greatest running back in Broncos' history? Is it because I actually want to see him perform at high level when he's not worried about being cut after the next mistake before I call him the future at running back?

He was the first round pick 3 seasons ago, he's supposed to be the running back of the present.

I'm glad he's doing well right now. I had high hopes for him when he was drafted. I was one of his defenders when people were mocking his selection. I hope he keeps up the good job. I'll be one of the happiest people in the world for him.
                    Knowshon is worried about being cut an probably wasn't gonna be cut, just cause some fans think he was in the doghouse doesn't mean he was. With the way Moreno is playing if he stays healthy is gonna help carry this offense and will be the starter from now on
                    A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• I have not been a fan of Moreno, always thougth he went down to easy and got winded to quickly....

But man yesterday was the first day I was really impressed with him. Was this the same guy? He was powering through tackling and dragging defenders with him. If he keeps this up he could be a legit starter.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Are you a Knowmo-maniac?
                        Originally posted by broncolee View Post
                        Why are you butt hurt? .
                        The only one who appears "butt hurt" or defensive appears to be you. Take a deep breath man
                        sigpic
                        2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                          The only one who appears "butt hurt" or defensive appears to be you. Take a deep breath man
                          When I sat in the bleachers of a cold ice skating rink for two hours to watch figure skating in which my granddaughter was participating, my butt hurt; or, rather, it was more like butt death.
                          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                            When I sat in the bleachers of a cold ice skating rink for two hours to watch figure skating in which my granddaughter was participating, my butt hurt; or, rather, it was more like butt death.
                            Haha awesome . That's the good kind of butt pain though. I'd rather spend time with my daughter watching her than getting all worked up over if a player is it is not good.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Yah Moreno is working his butt off and looks great. I hope he stays around for awhile and continues this dedication to football. I think more then anything he is a class act and the type of player you want to part of building this team. I'm on the Moreno train now.

Comment

• I'm shocked actually...I had given up on Moreno, but I realize now exactly what we have and it's all thanks to Willis. It should be obvious knowshon has had the time to study Willis over these many weeks and has learned well. He looked very much like a Willis. If he continues to stay healthy, we may have us a clone.

I'm hopeful he will continue to be a franchise running back for the Broncos, he'll deserve it.

All hail John Elway

Comment

Working...
                                X