Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
    The only one who appears "butt hurt" or defensive appears to be you. Take a deep breath man
    I was responding to people who were responding to me. What exactly has your panties in a bunch? What makes you think I'm the one that needs to take a deep breath? You're the one inserting yourself into disagreements that don't involve you.
    My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
    You Mad Bro?
    Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Speaking of undergarments, baggy trousers which can be removed without taking off one's boots are a definite advantage. :thumb:
      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
        I love how someone said a couple of weeks ago that one of their biggest complaints is that he goes down too easy....LOL Ya after he drags 5 defenders another 3-4 yards! Or flying leaps over their head.
        That might have been me, and he was known for going down pretty easy. He's obviously turned the corner and is running for his life.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• Originally posted by DishWater View Post
          Pumped for Knowshon. He's playing like his career is on the line, which it was.

I've been a huge doubter. Hopefully he can continue to play like this.

Boom!
          Only one poster left who has yet to switch sides and admit, that perhaps knowshon is better than they had ever given him thought to be. Well played dishwater, hopefully this will be your stance from here on out.

We shall see if the last one ever rolls around and admits it. From previous engagements with them I really seriously doubt it.

Let's Go Knowshon!
          So far:
          FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
          1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
            Moreno has two 100-yard rushing games this year. Before this season, Moreno only had two games in his career in which that happened.

But he has had over 100 total all purpose yards in something like 80% of the games he has had 15 or more touches. Of course, when it comes to knowshon, those do not count. For other backs like ray rice, lesean mccoy, sproles, doug martin, chris johnson it is just because they are that good.
            So far:
            FA- Melvin Gordon. Brandon Scherff
            1. Kenneth Murray LB; 2. Shenault WR; 2B. Biadazz Center, 3. OT

Comment

• Originally posted by broncolee View Post
              I was responding to people who were responding to me. What exactly has your panties in a bunch? What makes you think I'm the one that needs to take a deep breath? You're the one inserting yourself into disagreements that don't involve you.
              It's called an outside perspective. In your post responding to them you appear quite defensive as if they attacked you personally. You continue it with this post asking if my "panties are in a bunch". Little immature remarks like that show that you are being defensive. If your backed into a corner you'll say stupid crap like that.

Now go alone with your fetish for male undergarments and such
              sigpic
              2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                It's called an outside perspective. In your post responding to them you appear quite defensive as if they attacked you personally. You continue it with this post asking if my "panties are in a bunch". Little immature remarks like that show that you are being defensive. If your backed into a corner you'll say stupid crap like that.

Now go alone with your fetish for male undergarments and such
                One called me a hater the other called me blind. On what planet do you live on where those aren't insults? How exactly did you not insult me? The only difference between them and you is at least they appeared to be offended by my opinion on the topic of the thread. You offer no relevant outside perspective because you can't even be honest about why I responded to them the way I did.
                My Opinion isn’t determined by what the Popular Opinion is. Sometimes I agree with the Majority, Sometimes I Don’t. If My Opinion is Different than Yours, I have to Ask One Question:
                You Mad Bro?
                Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

One called me a hater the other called me blind. On what planet do you live on where those aren't insults? How exactly did you not insult me? The only difference between them and you is at least they appeared to be offended by my opinion on the topic of the thread. You offer no relevant outside perspective because you can't even be honest about why I responded to them the way I did.

I guess being called a "hater" could be considered an insult, or it could be a way of describing someone who continues to discredit the achievements of someone despite repeatative success.

Blind? Not sure how that is an insult.

Either way they are different and your bringing childish remarks like panties and such. If I insulted you I apologize.

Hopefully by the end of the season your views on KM will change, I have a feeling they will
                  sigpic
                  2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TH3JUICEMAN View Post
                    I guess being called a "hater" could be considered an insult, or it could be a way of describing someone who continues to discredit the achievements of someone despite repeatative success.

Blind? Not sure how that is an insult.

Either way they are different and your bringing childish remarks like panties and such. If I insulted you I apologize.

Hopefully by the end of the season your views on KM will change, I have a feeling they will
                    Just to put it out there.. calling another member a "hater" is not allowed here. Just keep that in mind if you two decide to continue this conversation.
                    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• Now, back to topic...

.. I'll admit, I lost a lot of faith in KnowMo. When we drafted him I purchased an orange jersey of his and even have it folded up in the closet. I'd LOVE to break that thing out and wear it around. I'd love for him to keep stepping up and to show us why we all had faith in him when we drafted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                        Just to put it out there.. calling another member a "hater" is not allowed here. Just keep that in mind if you two decide to continue this conversation.
                        I've already put him on my ignore list.
                        You Mad Bro?
                        Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

I've already put him on my ignore list.
                          Do what you have got to do. And.. thank you for understanding.

Comment

• Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
                            Now, back to topic...

.. I'll admit, I lost a lot of faith in KnowMo. When we drafted him I purchased an orange jersey of his and even have it folded up in the closet. I'd LOVE to break that thing out and wear it around. I'd love for him to keep stepping up and to show us why we all had faith in him when we drafted him.
                            I didn't buy a jersey(the only one I've ever bought is TD's) but I had a lot of faith in Moreno when he was drafted. I would love for him to keep up the good work and show that he can consistently be a good or even great player.
                            You Mad Bro?
                            Don’t Be A Mean Girl

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Moreno - 22 carries 118 yards

Rest of team - 23 carries 45 yards

Does that mean the rest of our runners suck? Or does it mean that people keep underrating Moreno, and keep trying to downplay his success?

Just lol at your point. Not that great of accomplishments.. Any time a back has back to back 115+ rushing performances is great.

Should not be how we set the standard? 115+ yards isn't good enough? Lmao..what? Should we be expecting 150 yard games every week?

Knowshon is playing fantastically, much better than McGahee ever has for us, and it is extremely disturbing how hard you are trying to downplay how great Moreno is doing for us, when the rest of the RBs aren't even coming close to his production.
                              Wow, you definitely have your Moreno colored glasses on and like to twist things around here to fit your argument.

First I am not bashing Moreno so lets just get that out there. Second, it is okay that I am not 100% convinced that he is the future running back for the Broncos considering his 4 year history with the team and his injuries.

As for your argument about the 23 carries from our other backs. Most of these runs came from our rookie Hillman, the youngest player in the NFL who is a change of pace back. 7 runs from Hester who has been on the team what 3 weeks, and 2 runs from Oswieler for -2 yards on his kneel downs to end the game.

You also have to remember that towards the end of the game there were several runs where they probably could have run further but did not want to take a chance of running out of bounds and stopping the clock. One of those runs Hillman ran to the sideline and reversed field so to not go out of bounds and I think he ended up losing several yards.

You are comparing a 4 year pro (all with the Broncos) to a very young (small) rookie, a rookie QB, and a player with three weeks on the team?

Now as for your comment about not setting the bar at 115 yards rushing. I never said that 115 yards should not be the bar for a running back. What I said was that we should not set that bar for our running backs based on the stats against two teams that are horrible at stopping the run.

Absolutely I would be thrilled with an average of 115 yards but I want to see him do it against a decent run defense, consistently, and stay healthy. Moreno has proven in 4 years that he cannot be any where near those expectations. This is his best year when you look at his average yards per game per year. 2012 avg 67.7, 2011 avg 25.6. 2010 avg 59.9. 2009 avg 59.2. As you can see he has a long way to go to even come close to 115. Granted that these other years he was not asked to run it 20-30 times a game but I think you see my point here. He has not been able to stay healthy when carrying the ball less per game let alone when he has to carry it for 20-30 times a game to get 115 yards.

That is why I say I am not convinced yet about him being the Broncos future running back. I do not hate nor am I trying to downplay what he has done. He is improving but I just want to see more stats against more teams before I jump on board the Moreno boat.
                              sigpic
                              Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                              2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                              2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

• Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                                Do you watch the games? When Moreno gets a little opening and not hit in the backfield he's getting great yards plus he hasn't fumbled since becoming the starter. He has by far outplayed mcgahee at this point and just like WW has probably unseated the incumbent
                                Guess not much to argue now. Impressive play three weeks in a row. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X