Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Of the future... are you serious? He was inactive for half of the season and is in the last year of his contract. Unless he has a monster season in the second half, he is likely moving elsewhere at season's end. I think the chances of the Broncos taking a RB in the first round are better than Knowshon being the RB of the future here.

    He was good yesterday but let's not get carried away here. He's had great games before but the problem with him has always been consistency and staying healthy. We'll see if he can achieve those two things.
    sigpic


    @BlueNOrangeFTW

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DT88 View Post
      So much hate for him all season....He has one decent game. He has a long way to go before he redeems himself. I hope he does comeback as it would be one of the biggest turnaround/most improved player scenarios in recent memory. We'll see..
      Exactly!

      I'm 50/50 on my feelings towards KM because every time I try to believe in him he lets me down.

      And for GAWD's sakes will he ever stop tripping over his damn feet??? He leaves a lot of big gains and potential long runs on the field cause he can't stay out of his own way!

      His combination clumsiness and injury-proneness (since Day 1) are what keep me at 50/50 about him.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        Exactly!

        I'm 50/50 on my feelings towards KM because every time I try to believe in him he lets me down.

        And for GAWD's sakes will he ever stop tripping over his damn feet??? He leaves a lot of big gains and potential long runs on the field cause he can't stay out of his own way!

        His combination clumsiness and injury-proneness (since Day 1) are what keep me at 50/50 about him.
        Well said. For every solid run he has, he trips over his feet and makes you want to put your tv through the window. I couldn't believe he tripped over his own feet twice in the same game. It's an all too familiar inconsistency with him that we've seen that makes people temper expectations.
        sigpic


        @BlueNOrangeFTW

        Comment


        • #19
          I am partial to running backs because that was the position I played many many moons ago. Am I a fan of Moreno, I would say he has somethings to prove, so at this point not yet. Personally I think the answer to your question is NO he will never be the featured back for the Denver Broncos. I think Fox prefers backs that can run between the tackles.

          Moreno does look bigger but that could be that we haven't seen him in such a long time. He still has a hard time locating the holes and there were several plays last week where he ran right into the backs of our linemen. One he was able to turn into a big gain but his vision for the hole is just not there. He is still too hesitant when picking his holes which allows the defense to catch him from behind for losses as he runs parallel to the LOS.

          I look for the Broncos to look in the draft or maybe free agency for a good back. The decisions will be whether to keep Hillman or Moreno as the change of pace back and that will depend on whether or not Moreno takes a pay cut as I do not see them paying him a higher salary that of a first round draft choice to be the second or third back.
          sigpic
          Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
          2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
          2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
            I'm a pretty big fan of Moreno's myself, his biggest problem to date has been injury interspersed with the occasional fumble.

            Willis has shown us that both injuries and fumbles can be overcome if the upside is palatable. The injury sustained last season was just bad luck with defenders landing on him awkwardly. His recovery was timely and he looks stronger as a result. His preseason carries looked good granted they were against non starters.

            Barring future lawlessness I'm pulling for him to play to his potential and help this team by allowing us to use draft pics for positions we didn't already spend a first rounder on. I love the way he's covering the ball up with both hands and running with attitude. Stay healthy dude!
            GREAT post!
            "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
              I am partial to running backs because that was the position I played many many moons ago. Am I a fan of Moreno, I would say he has somethings to prove, so at this point not yet. Personally I think the answer to your question is NO he will never be the featured back for the Denver Broncos. I think Fox prefers backs that can run between the tackles.

              Moreno does look bigger but that could be that we haven't seen him in such a long time. He still has a hard time locating the holes and there were several plays last week where he ran right into the backs of our linemen. One he was able to turn into a big gain but his vision for the hole is just not there. He is still too hesitant when picking his holes which allows the defense to catch him from behind for losses as he runs parallel to the LOS.

              I look for the Broncos to look in the draft or maybe free agency for a good back. The decisions will be whether to keep Hillman or Moreno as the change of pace back and that will depend on whether or not Moreno takes a pay cut as I do not see them paying him a higher salary that of a first round draft choice to be the second or third back.
              Great perspective! Thanks. :thumb:
              "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

              Comment


              • #22
                Nonbelievers will be converted soon..

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                  This is an if, and a huge one at that. But, if Knowshon continues the rest of the season with games equal to or better than the game yesterday, does he keep the job moving forward?

                  85 rush yards, 25 recieving yards a game is good stuff, if he can maintain that pace, obviously adding some TDs as well, I say the job is his. As over a 16 game seson those are pro bowl numbers, extrapolating to 1300 rush yards and 400 recieving yards. Obviously extrapolating stats means nothing, but I'm just saying that yesterday's game was a very good one for him, and if he can match or better it for the remainder of the year, he will certainly look a lot more like a 1st round pick, and could very well keep the job even when Willis returns and going forward.

                  If someone who has the power to add a poll to this wishes to, please do.
                  I dont think he cemented anything this last week, except a chance to do it again.

                  If he does put up numbers like that every game for the rest of the year, the only thing he will have earned is shot at being the starter next year.

                  But I dont think McGahee loses his job as starter. Not unless he tanks it, and on top of that Moreno proves he can do that well....consistently, and stay on the field....consistently.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                    Well said. For every solid run he has, he trips over his feet and makes you want to put your tv through the window. I couldn't believe he tripped over his own feet twice in the same game. It's an all too familiar inconsistency with him that we've seen that makes people temper expectations.
                    You're seeing what you want to see. That didn't happen once, much less twice. The only time he tripped is because kuper was getting blown up and took a step backwards with his right foot, tripping Moreno. Gumbel even noted this during the game.

                    He had about 15 good runs, including those reversed by penalties. So by your logic he tripped/made us wamt to break our TVs 15 times as well? I think not

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I will give him a chance but he still needs to learn. It maybe as easy as he is not use to how the blockers are working and once he figures out the strengths of the blockers he will find those mysterious holes I mentioned. :thumb:
                      sigpic
                      Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                      2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                      2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                        Nonbelievers will be converted soon..
                        Soon? After 3 plus years I hope so.

                        "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                          Of the future... are you serious? He was inactive for half of the season and is in the last year of his contract. Unless he has a monster season in the second half, he is likely moving elsewhere at season's end. I think the chances of the Broncos taking a RB in the first round are better than Knowshon being the RB of the future here.

                          He was good yesterday but let's not get carried away here. He's had great games before but the problem with him has always been consistency and staying healthy. We'll see if he can achieve those two things.
                          Unless he has a monter season... Did you read the OP? That's the whole point of the thread.. I said if he has as good or better games than last week. Assuming he does, what if? That was the question. 85 yards a game is fantastic and I believe good enough to keep the job.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by MH Stampede View Post
                            I dont think he cemented anything this last week, except a chance to do it again.

                            If he does put up numbers like that every game for the rest of the year, the only thing he will have earned is shot at being the starter next year.

                            But I dont think McGahee loses his job as starter. Not unless he tanks it, and on top of that Moreno proves he can do that well....consistently, and stay on the field....consistently.
                            Yeah that's what I'm saying. Nowhere did I say, one game HOF! I said if he has as good or better games as last week every game left on the schedule, what then?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
                              Exactly!

                              I'm 50/50 on my feelings towards KM because every time I try to believe in him he lets me down.

                              And for GAWD's sakes will he ever stop tripping over his damn feet??? He leaves a lot of big gains and potential long runs on the field cause he can't stay out of his own way!

                              His combination clumsiness and injury-proneness (since Day 1) are what keep me at 50/50 about him.
                              Already covered once, he never tripped over his own feet yesterday. Not once. Only trip he was involved in was kuper tripping him.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
                                Soon? After 3 plus years I hope so.

                                Yep me too.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X