Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he keeps it up, he definitely should. I"m not fond of wasting draft picks on rbs. Plus, Peyton trusts him more than any other rb with pass protection

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
      You're seeing what you want to see. That didn't happen once, much less twice. The only time he tripped is because kuper was getting blown up and took a step backwards with his right foot, tripping Moreno. Gumbel even noted this during the game.

He had about 15 good runs, including those reversed by penalties. So by your logic he tripped/made us wamt to break our TVs 15 times as well? I think not
      NO! For years now you have been seeing what YOU want to see!

Until this last ONE game Moreno did not show the rest of us (or the staff) what the BRONCO'S NEED at running back!

Take off your Moreno Glasses and start watching the same game the rest of us (and the staff) sees!
      "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

My son is a huge Knowshon supporter. Personally I have not been a huge fan of his up till this time. He did have a good game against the Chefs, but I want to see him finish the rest of the season playing at that level AND staying healthy before I will lose my skepticism.

As or him possibly being the starter next year? I think time will tell that story better than I could at this point. I won't be against him if he earns it, and at this point I think he HAS to earn it if he stays in Denver. Go Broncos

Comment

Originally posted by kevlar441 View Post
          NO! For years now you have been seeing what YOU want to see!

Until this last ONE game Moreno did not show the rest of us (or the staff) what the BRONCO'S NEED at running back!

Take off your Moreno Glasses and start watching the same game the rest of us (and the staff) sees!
          This game isn't even one of Moreno's best 10 games, he's shown everyone just as much in past games. They refuse(d) to see him in a positive light just because of where he was drafted and by whom.

What I want to see is success from the Denver Broncos and all their players, specifically those they pick early in the draft. I feel like that is a good thing as a fan to want to see. If there's something wrong with me being hugely optimistic regading our 1st and 2nd round picks since I started posting here, I don't want to be right.

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post
            My son is a huge Knowshon supporter. Personally I have not been a huge fan of his up till this time. He did have a good game against the Chefs, but I want to see him finish the rest of the season playing at that level AND staying healthy before I will lose my skepticism.

As or him possibly being the starter next year? I think time will tell that story better than I could at this point. I won't be against him if he earns it, and at this point I think he HAS to earn it if he stays in Denver. Go Broncos
            Mu sentiments exactly

Comment

Even at maximum output he's got about 3 years of prime left, if we believe the trends by RBs.
              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

This game isn't even one of Moreno's best 10 games, he's shown everyone just as much in past games. They refuse(d) to see him in a positive light just because of where he was drafted and by whom.

What I want to see is success from the Denver Broncos and all their players, specifically those they pick early in the draft. I feel like that is a good thing as a fan to want to see. If there's something wrong with me being hugely optimistic regading our 1st and 2nd round picks since I started posting here, I don't want to be right.
                Cherry pick much?

Listen ... I'm all with you on the fact the kid has talent. However, your dream of this kid becoming the next Jim Brown gets old. (Is your allegance to your "opinions" more important than your allegiance to the Broncos?) That IS how it seems.)

He is ONE player on a much bigger roster. We have all seen Tebow fans come and go.

Why would you want him to "over take" McGahee? Personal vested interest?

I want what is best for the BRONCOS. Moreno has yet to show that he is that consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                  Of the future... are you serious? He was inactive for half of the season and is in the last year of his contract. Unless he has a monster season in the second half, he is likely moving elsewhere at season's end. I think the chances of the Broncos taking a RB in the first round are better than Knowshon being the RB of the future here.

He was good yesterday but let's not get carried away here. He's had great games before but the problem with him has always been consistency and staying healthy. We'll see if he can achieve those two things.
                  No he isn't. He is under contract next season and the team has an option for his contract in 2014.
                  sigpic

Comment

What I want to see is success from the Denver Broncos and all their players, specifically those they pick early in the draft. I feel like that is a good thing as a fan to want to see. If there's something wrong with me being hugely optimistic regarding our 1st and 2nd round picks since I started posting here, I don't want to be right.
                    EVERYONE wants them to succeed! However, the ENTIRE organization comes first! Moreno may work out, but until he shows he is the second coming of Jim Brown, Barry Sanders or Walter Payton, I like the thought of the kid finally learning how to contribute to the whole team.

You always seem to show this undying bias toward Moreno. My allegiance is to the Broncos!
                    Last edited by kevlar441; 11-26-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

You're seeing what you want to see. That didn't happen once, much less twice. The only time he tripped is because kuper was getting blown up and took a step backwards with his right foot, tripping Moreno. Gumbel even noted this during the game.

He had about 15 good runs, including those reversed by penalties. So by your logic he tripped/made us wamt to break our TVs 15 times as well? I think not
                      He tripped in the open field trying to cut back to the middle of the field so it did happen

Comment

Originally posted by knoxman36and2 View Post

:thumb:

I'm out of CPs but you just eaned one there! (I won't forget.)
                        Last edited by kevlar441; 11-26-2012, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by one_bad_55 View Post
                          I am partial to running backs because that was the position I played many many moons ago. Am I a fan of Moreno, I would say he has somethings to prove, so at this point not yet. Personally I think the answer to your question is NO he will never be the featured back for the Denver Broncos. I think Fox prefers backs that can run between the tackles.

Moreno does look bigger but that could be that we haven't seen him in such a long time. He still has a hard time locating the holes and there were several plays last week where he ran right into the backs of our linemen. One he was able to turn into a big gain but his vision for the hole is just not there. He is still too hesitant when picking his holes which allows the defense to catch him from behind for losses as he runs parallel to the LOS.

I look for the Broncos to look in the draft or maybe free agency for a good back. The decisions will be whether to keep Hillman or Moreno as the change of pace back and that will depend on whether or not Moreno takes a pay cut as I do not see them paying him a higher salary that of a first round draft choice to be the second or third back.
                          He found the holes fine when they were there. Just because it looks like there may be something there, it doesn't mean there is. I can only recall him not seeing a hole once or twice in the game, maybe three times tops but there isn't a RB in the NFL that doesn't miss a hole a few times a game.

I think Moreno will have a good day against the Bucs. I don't buy their No. 1 rush defense at all. Even though they're also No. 1 in YPA, teams simply haven't really tried to run on them. Only twice has a RB got more than 15 carries against them. Felix Jones had 18 and he didn't do anything because Dallas can't run at all. Alfred Morris got 20+ and averaged 5 ypc. Adrian Peterson also had 15 and 120+ on them. Andre Brown also had 5 ypc against them in week 2. Jacquizz Rodgers had 4.9 ypc against them last week. They are vulnerable against the run, their d-line isn't very good, but their LBs are fast and they tackle well. They key will be getting them blocked. This could be a reason we signed Hester as we really have no FB and our singleback rushes may not be effective if our TEs can't seal off those LBs.

Comment

Already covered once, he never tripped over his own feet yesterday. Not once. Only trip he was involved in was kuper tripping him.
                            Nope, he did trip over his own feet as well as being tripped up by kuper. CBS even showed a slow-mo replay of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Arch_Angel View Post
                              Nope, he did trip over his own feet as well as being tripped up by kuper. CBS even showed a slow-mo replay of it.

MORENO this. MORENO that. Until he PROVES something, on a consistent basis, he is just a dream in a "Father's eyes".

Comment

Originally posted by Luckyshot View Post
                                Even if he finishes out 100 yards per game the rest of the season, it will all come down how much money he demands from the team.

The FO has a lot of cap management to do for next season.
                                He's only due 1.7 mil next year, if he stays healthy and produces he should be back.

But RBOTF, no...

Comment

Working...
                                X