Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• people are complaining about Moreno's game tonight. Don't get it. It was the highest yards allowed to a RB since week 8 when AP put up 123, 64 of which was 1 run. Andre Brown 71 yards, week 2, and Alfred Morris 113 yards, week 4, were the only other RB with more yards than Moreno against TB.
    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-02-2012, 09:08 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Moreno played well against a very good run defense. He also made a few good blocks that gave Manning some time to make a throw.

He did break some tackles, and had some nifty runs. I was disappointed in his drop on third down.

He's a good fit for his current role, a good depth guy. I don't know that he'll ever be the game changer you want for a guy drafed where he was, but that's on McDaniels. I dont mind keeping him around, as long as his contract fits his role.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
        He's a good fit for his current role, a good depth guy. I don't know that he'll ever be the game changer you want for a guy drafed where he was, but that's on McDaniels. I dont mind keeping him around, as long as his contract fits his role.
        Well said. That is exactly what I see in him, a guy who fits his role but his ceiling is limited in a passing offense where he is required to just run enough and just run efficiently enough. As long as he fulfills his role, that would work. I just wonder if he has shown a better burst in his runs in the past and will defer to longtime Broncos fans to give an assessment based on the past or is what you see what you always got?
        Last edited by chad72; 12-02-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• It's a very good thing Knowshon was available when Willis went down. The Broncos are developing good depth.
          "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• He had a good game. I was disappointed with the drop though. Shannon Sharp's comment (twitter) after that play summed things up with his status.

"@ShannonSharpe: This is why bronco coaches get upset with Moreno."

It was a key down and we needed to extend the drive. It doesn't help his cause but at least it wasn't a fumble.

Comment

• In two games, Moreno has proved to me that he was benched to get his mind right and/or to fully recover from previous injuries and reflect on his future in the NFL. Because there is no way any sane coach would have him inactive for Lance Ball for any other reason.

Moreno's probably not ever going to be great. But that doesn't mean he can't contribute.

Comment

• Moreno played really good today. Had that heads up catch on 3rd down from his butt. Was consistently getting to the second lvl. I think the carries at the end against stacked fronts weakened his stats a bit. But we was solid in every phase. If they would give him the ball like they used to give McGhee, you would see the 100 yard efforts
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

• Some good off-tackle runs to the left today. Not much up the middle. A lot of that isn't Knowshon's fault. I thought he did alright. You can't get mad at the guy for not being a power runner. That's not his thing.
                  "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

• KM was excellent today. Anyone who says otherwise is clearly just trying to stir something up. If not for the stuffs at the end of the game against 9 in the box, he very well could've retained the 5 ypc avg he had going. Got some tough yards too showing power he hasn't in the past, especially there on the first down to close the game out. Mcgahee misses some clutch catches and fumbles 5 times and it's "ohh it's ok he's a contributor."

He was really good in pass protection too, and the catch on his butt was hilarious I wish I had a gif of that play.

Comment

• Knowshon :thumb:

It would have been great to see Know in the endzone on that one play, but then we wouldn't have gotten to see Unrein catch that pass for a TD. I love the creativity though

I'd really like to see more of Hillman with a sprinkle of Ball too.
                      Last edited by Broncoboy6; 12-02-2012, 11:10 PM.
                      HE>i

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoboy6 View Post
                        Knowshon :thumb:

It would have been great to see Know in the endzone on that one play, but then we wouldn't have gotten to see Unrein catch that pass for a TD. I love the creativity though

I'd really like to see more of Hillman with a sprinkle of Ball too.
                        Not that I don't love our passing attack, but I do think we should be running the ball more. Running was working and we come out in the third and Manning force feeds them a pick. Hillman could do with more than 5 carries in the game... he hit the edge well with his touches. Maybe if we stuck to running the ball we could dominate the possession battle and keep their offense off the field instead of letting every team back in it at the end with our weak prevent D.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
                          Not that I don't love our passing attack, but I do think we should be running the ball more. Running was working and we come out in the third and Manning force feeds them a pick. Hillman could do with more than 5 carries in the game... he hit the edge well with his touches. Maybe if we stuck to running the ball we could dominate the possession battle and keep their offense off the field instead of letting every team back in it at the end with our weak prevent D.
                          Yup, and give our D some rest. And like some have said, i'd like to see us finish out the game strong with that killer instinct. I believe Know runs way better in I-Form, and would like to see them run it with Hillman too.
                          HE>i

Comment

• I'm glad to see Knowshon making some progress but Willis being out creates the teams biggest weakness, period. These other guys are just not strong runners. There is minimal threat with the current running game. It must be stepped up and returned to what we had earliar in the season to have a real chance in the post season.

Comment

• Im much more worried about how our Oline got bullied and pushed around all day today. It Pass and run game.

Comment

• Originally posted by PowderAddict View Post
                                Moreno played well against a very good run defense. He also made a few good blocks that gave Manning some time to make a throw.

He did break some tackles, and had some nifty runs. I was disappointed in his drop on third down.

Moreno is a solid runner that has good hands and do a lot of things right. He has fought injuries since he was drafted and it is nice to see him contribute. He was drafted higher than he should have been, but the bust label that many have put on him is unfair.

The worst part of McDaniels drafting him is that he is not significantly better than the RBs that started in 2008. There is not much he does better, and the draft pick could have been used much more wisely. KM has very few really big plays, but then he has very few negative ones as well. We do not seem to talk as much about McGahee's rock hands, and critical fumbles.

Comment

Working...
                                X