Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Moreno keeps it up, is he our RB of the future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Originally posted by ModernIrishman View Post
    This is the NFL. There is no "RB of the future". Kick ass this week and you can be the RB next week, end of story.
    I actually agree with this statement. :thumb:

Leave a comment:

• ModernIrishman
    replied
    This is the NFL. There is no "RB of the future". Kick ass this week and you can be the RB next week, end of story.

Leave a comment:

• Freyaka
    replied
    Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    That might have been me, and he was known for going down pretty easy. He's obviously turned the corner and is running for his life.
    It wasn't "only" you...but you "might" have been part of it

Leave a comment:

• KoolBreeze
    replied
    I think he stays and ends up sharing the load with another RB that isn't yet in Denver.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    We'vre still got him for cheap for two more years, the second year we have the option of keeping him for 5 million or letting him go with no ramifications. I think by that time 5 million will be insanely cheap for the production I expect us to get out of him by then.
    Sounds good !

Leave a comment:

• Papa-pwn
    replied
    Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
    Extend this dudes contract , keep him around. I hope he stays healthy!
    We'vre still got him for cheap for two more years, the second year we have the option of keeping him for 5 million or letting him go with no ramifications. I think by that time 5 million will be insanely cheap for the production I expect us to get out of him by then.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied
    He only has 1 year left, with an option year?

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by capt. Jack View Post
    His contract was before the new CBA so it might be too soon to think about an extension.

Leave a comment:

• Capt. Jack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Manningmania
    replied
    Originally posted by sheenabobeena View Post
    agreed. AND so far, he's been holding on the the ball!!
    If he secures the ball he secures his job as a Denver Bronco.

Leave a comment:

• jM916
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    Do you watch the games? When Moreno gets a little opening and not hit in the backfield he's getting great yards plus he hasn't fumbled since becoming the starter. He has by far outplayed mcgahee at this point and just like WW has probably unseated the incumbent
    Guess not much to argue now. Impressive play three weeks in a row. lol

Leave a comment:

• one_bad_55
    replied
    Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Moreno - 22 carries 118 yards

Rest of team - 23 carries 45 yards

Does that mean the rest of our runners suck? Or does it mean that people keep underrating Moreno, and keep trying to downplay his success?

Just lol at your point. Not that great of accomplishments.. Any time a back has back to back 115+ rushing performances is great.

Should not be how we set the standard? 115+ yards isn't good enough? Lmao..what? Should we be expecting 150 yard games every week?

Knowshon is playing fantastically, much better than McGahee ever has for us, and it is extremely disturbing how hard you are trying to downplay how great Moreno is doing for us, when the rest of the RBs aren't even coming close to his production.
    Wow, you definitely have your Moreno colored glasses on and like to twist things around here to fit your argument.

First I am not bashing Moreno so lets just get that out there. Second, it is okay that I am not 100% convinced that he is the future running back for the Broncos considering his 4 year history with the team and his injuries.

As for your argument about the 23 carries from our other backs. Most of these runs came from our rookie Hillman, the youngest player in the NFL who is a change of pace back. 7 runs from Hester who has been on the team what 3 weeks, and 2 runs from Oswieler for -2 yards on his kneel downs to end the game.

You also have to remember that towards the end of the game there were several runs where they probably could have run further but did not want to take a chance of running out of bounds and stopping the clock. One of those runs Hillman ran to the sideline and reversed field so to not go out of bounds and I think he ended up losing several yards.

You are comparing a 4 year pro (all with the Broncos) to a very young (small) rookie, a rookie QB, and a player with three weeks on the team?

Now as for your comment about not setting the bar at 115 yards rushing. I never said that 115 yards should not be the bar for a running back. What I said was that we should not set that bar for our running backs based on the stats against two teams that are horrible at stopping the run.

Absolutely I would be thrilled with an average of 115 yards but I want to see him do it against a decent run defense, consistently, and stay healthy. Moreno has proven in 4 years that he cannot be any where near those expectations. This is his best year when you look at his average yards per game per year. 2012 avg 67.7, 2011 avg 25.6. 2010 avg 59.9. 2009 avg 59.2. As you can see he has a long way to go to even come close to 115. Granted that these other years he was not asked to run it 20-30 times a game but I think you see my point here. He has not been able to stay healthy when carrying the ball less per game let alone when he has to carry it for 20-30 times a game to get 115 yards.

That is why I say I am not convinced yet about him being the Broncos future running back. I do not hate nor am I trying to downplay what he has done. He is improving but I just want to see more stats against more teams before I jump on board the Moreno boat.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Now, back to topic...

.. I'll admit, I lost a lot of faith in KnowMo. When we drafted him I purchased an orange jersey of his and even have it folded up in the closet. I'd LOVE to break that thing out and wear it around. I'd love for him to keep stepping up and to show us why we all had faith in him when we drafted him.
    I didn't buy a jersey(the only one I've ever bought is TD's) but I had a lot of faith in Moreno when he was drafted. I would love for him to keep up the good work and show that he can consistently be a good or even great player.

Leave a comment:

• ebsoria
    replied
    Originally posted by broncolee View Post
    I've already put him on my ignore list.
    Do what you have got to do. And.. thank you for understanding.

Leave a comment:

• broncolee
    replied
    Originally posted by ebsoria View Post
    Just to put it out there.. calling another member a "hater" is not allowed here. Just keep that in mind if you two decide to continue this conversation.
    I've already put him on my ignore list.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X