What is this offense missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this offense missing?

I live in New England and get my fair share of Pats coverage. When I watch that offense it seems like that have 12 men on the field every play because it looks like someone is always open. They are not the most physically talented team but they do seem to have the best schemes week in and out. The spacing and route running within the WR corp are second to none.

It was very apparent and flustering to watch the game against the chiefs. Manning had all day in the pocket yet could not get the ball to open wide outs at the same pace we are used to seeing. I like Decker and Thomas but they seem to lack the intensity and discipline to run hard on every play.

The stars look to be aligning for us to play NE in a Championship game. That scares the crap out of me.
    I feel like the offense should be better and more efficient. I know its a "learning process" and its "fluid" week to week but at some point, preferably before the playoffs, I would like this team to start running like a well oiled machine they should be.

Is it a position upgrade, play-calling, just lack of talent or is it something else keeping this team from being truly elite on offense?

I can't think of much of anything. They're pretty deep having sustained absences by Kuper and McGahee. They have a pretty good QB. :thumb:

PS John Fox is now 2-0 in Arrowhead. The only other Bronco HC to have a winning record there is Red Miller who was 3-1.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I think we're missing a FB that can run and catch. I think if we had that type of FB, our Offense would be great because teams would have to repect every position on the field.
      sigpic

Comment

Speed down the seam. Stokley and Tamme would rarely get a 30 yarder, so teams dont need to worry about someone taking the top off a defense like an Antonio Brown in the slot. It may not be a bad idea to get a combo of speed and smarts in Danny Amendola during the offseason, perfect for the slot and can split outside for breathers for DT or Decker.

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
          I think we're missing a FB that can run and catch. I think if we had that type of FB, our Offense would be great because teams would have to repect every position on the field.
          I always thought Knowshon Moreno should've been moved to fullback due to his pass blocking, his ability to pick up the blitz and his ability to catch out of the backfield.
          He ran great on sunday but Id still like to see him moved to fullback.

BTW I dont if anyone noticed but I seen Knowshon pick up the blitzer three times last sunday, pretty impressive.

Back to the main topic, I think Decker should be moved over to the slot position and and either draft or try to sign a more talented free agent WR. Possibly sign Peyton old offensive coordinator Moore.
          Last edited by Sam_Z; 11-28-2012, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Speed in the slot, fast/athletic TE, powerful OL, consistant hands on the WRs

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post
              I always thought Knowshon Moreno should've been moved to fullback due to his pass blocking, his ability to pick up the blitz and his ability to catch out of the backfield.

BTW I dont if anyone noticed but I seen Knowshon pick up the blitzer three times last sunday, pretty impressive.
              I love his attitude. He goes hard on every play. I hope that transfers over to a select few on the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                Speed in the slot, fast/athletic TE, powerful OL, consistant hands on the WRs
                I feel like we have 2 of those 4 on the bench, Caldwell and V Green seem like viable options but dont see much playing time. And those coaches have better reasons than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam24 View Post

What.

Knowshon is nnowhere near big enough to be a fullback, and has never played that position. It would be a complete waste of his talents, even pass blocking. In mkst offenses, especially ours, HBs pass block much more often than FBs, due to them being the RB in shotgun formation. There is absolutely no way he will ever be moved to FB, unless he puts on 30 lbs and loses all lateral agility.

Comment

Recievers that can catch the ball MOST of the time. I think Manning has a half dozen or more passes dropped each game? Is Manning's passes that hard to catch?

Comment

Originally posted by JayJack View Post
                      Jacob Hester = this.
                      sigpic
                      2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Speed, other than Thomas we dont have a burner. Someone to help lift coverages. Even the RB core lacks speed, Hillman is more shifty than fast.
                        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                          Jacob Hester = this.
                          That's what i'm hoping.
                          sigpic

Comment

4.38 seconds
                            Demaryius Thomas, 40 yard dash time

4.45 seconds
                            Ronnie Hillman, 40 yard dash time
                            sigpic
                            2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNbake View Post
                              4.38 seconds
                              Demaryius Thomas, 40 yard dash time

4.45 seconds
                              Ronnie Hillman, 40 yard dash time
                              acceleration is also a key factor, Hillman takes a while to hit that speed. A guy who can explode to that speed is much more valuable.
                              What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
                              I don't know and I don't care

Comment

Working...
                              X