No announcement yet.

What if Brock stayed another year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He would've probably gone in the first round if he had stayed, and we would've probably spend like 5 picks to go up and get him. So I'm glad that didn't happen at least.

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
      Here is one for Osweiler. What's your point?

Osweiler had on-the-field judgment issues and isn't reliable to protect the ball from turnovers. It seems as if he starts to get rolling in a game, and the more confidence he builds, the more of a gunslinger mentality he adopts. This severely hinders his play. When under control, early in the game, he is athletic, accurate, and a good game manager. He is likely a developmental prospect who could struggle if forced to play early.
      Everyone knows this.

Almost every draft website I checked had Osweiler rated higher then Foles because of his upside, but he's raw.

Foles seemed to be listed as a mid round pick because of a perceived limited upside.

I'm not saying Foles or Osweiler will be better, but I don't know why your surprised Os. went first when most people listed him higher.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
        He would've probably gone in the first round if he had stayed, and we would've probably spend like 5 picks to go up and get him. So I'm glad that didn't happen at least.
        I actually think he would've snuck into the top 10 like Tannehill when you look at the fluctuation with the top rated QB's. There's really no clear #1 QB, so some team would've looked at Brock's size, arm, and upside, and say "why not?".

Needless to say, I'm also glad Elway got him this year, if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
          Everyone knows this.

Almost every draft website I checked had Osweiler rated higher then Foles because of his upside, but he's raw.

Foles seemed to be listed as a mid round pick because of a perceived limited upside.

I'm not saying Foles or Osweiler will be better, but I don't know why your surprised Os. went first when most people listed him higher.
          Because I watched both of them play. Every game Foles played and the one year Os played. I thought it was pretty clear Foles was the better prospect and I still have no idea why Os was rated higher.
          sigpic

Comment

Here is one for Osweiler. What's your point?

Osweiler had on-the-field judgment issues and isn't reliable to protect the ball from turnovers. It seems as if he starts to get rolling in a game, and the more confidence he builds, the more of a gunslinger mentality he adopts. This severely hinders his play. When under control, early in the game, he is athletic, accurate, and a good game manager. He is likely a developmental prospect who could struggle if forced to play early.
            all of the above is exactly why Peyton Manning is going to be brilliant for him to sit behind and develop under. He'll learn to curb that gunslinging pretty quick.
            sigpic

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Comment

Because I watched both of them play. Every game Foles played and the one year Os played. I thought it was pretty clear Foles was the better prospect and I still have no idea why Os was rated higher.
              Off topic but your winning that cp bet.

Comment

For the record, Osweilers replacement has done just as well. He is nowhere near the physical specimen Osweiler is but he managed to throw 25 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and averaged 8.1 yards per attempt, 65.7% on 341 attempts. Compared to Os 26 tds, 13 interceptions, 7.8 yards per attempt on 516 attempts.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
                  For the record, Osweilers replacement has done just as well. He is nowhere near the physical specimen Osweiler is but he managed to throw 25 touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and averaged 8.1 yards per attempt, 65.7% on 341 attempts. Compared to Os 26 tds, 13 interceptions, 7.8 yards per attempt on 516 attempts.
                  ASU's QB has played pretty well this year that is true, but Osweiler is clearly a better prospect. You can't just look at stats otherwise Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, and Graham Harrell would be superstars.

Comment

Glad we took Brock to groom for the future. He has all the tools, if he doesn't suceed, he has no one but himself to blame. He has a cannon arm, great size, and 2 hall of fame QBs who he can observe and go to for advice.
                    sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

This thread seems to have confirmed the logic of selecting Osweiler at #57 this year.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

With this years draft class, if he had another season like last he would have easily went top 10. If Brock had actually improved then he could go #1. Other than Barkley there are no QBs that just jump out at you and even he don't jump out at you. 2013 is not a good draft for QBs. Kansas City needs a QB to get to the next level, Castle and Quinn are backups at best. NE got KC good with the Castle trade. One could easily see that had Brock stayed, he would be starting for the Chiefs nest year. Brock got lucky that he did enter last years draft. He wont start right away but he gets a chance to learn from the best in the league today and in the long run he should have a better career as a result.
                        sigpic

Comment

Pre-Draft last year:

Brock Osweiler

Optimum Scouting reports that Arizona State QB Brock Osweiler 66-75 in throwing drills during today’s Pro Day workout. They also mentioned that he is expected to visit with the Chiefs, Bills, Broncos, and Dolphins.

NFL.com‘s Gil Brandt believes Osweiler will be a first-round pick after seeing him workout on Friday. Brandt mentions that he gave Osweiler ”very good” rating based on his accuracy and added that he ”presented himself very well” when meeting with some of the before mentioned NFL teams.

In contrast to Brandt’s opinion of Osweiler, Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic mentions that ”a couple of scouts” at the Arizona State Pro Day believe Osweiler is a third-round prospect that could make his way into the second-round. Somers adds that his ”early guess” is that Osweiler will be taken in round two.
                          http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-draft-r...wboys-jaguars/

Safe to say that another year of College for a very young QB in Osweiler and he would've definitely gone in the first, barring injury.
                          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by Gallegos7788 View Post
                            KC would have a hard time NOT taking him.
                            They have to want him that much more now. (He is a backup for the Broncos. How could they resist?)

"Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

It looks like they made a great decision of getting a QB last year with this weak draft class of QBs. If we didn't get Brock last year we would be talking about getting guys like EJ Manuel. Landry Jones. Tyler Bray. in the 2nd.

Comment

2 games playing on a terrible team. No WR, McCoy is having a bad season and a non existent Oline. Yea...that's a good measure of his abilities.
                                Um, stop acting like the eagles don't have offensive talent. Jackson, Maclin, Celic, McCoy and Bryce Brown rushed for 150+ yards last week and Foles still managed to look terrible.

Maybe he will end up being the better pick but outside of preseason he looks to be the worst starting rookie qb this year. We probably won't know what we have in Oz for a few years. He's a developmental player who will have his chance to grow. Foles just looks plain bad right now.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X