Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if Brock stayed another year?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Provided that he stay healthy, Osweiler would have been a top 10 pick, easily. Cheifs, Raiders or Cardinals, maybe Titans and Jets would be taking a real hard look at him if he were available.

    The scouting report on him in a previous post was exactly why Denver chose him this year.
    We are going with Plan A

    Comment


    • #32
      Top 10 pick or not...the Broncos were supposed to be going with PLAN A ALL THE WAY.

      That means using their picks to load up on talent for now, not waste them on potential for the future.

      If Manning lasts 4 years, then that's 4 years we get nothing out of the Osweiler pick.

      It was an awful move. Could have had Doug Martin. Could have had Hightower....could have had any number of players which would be starting now.

      This team is built to win now.

      Maybe Brock turns out to be awesome sitting behind Peyton. Or maybe he turns into a dud because he'll never get the reps needed.

      All in all, awful move for the front office that really botched the draft.

      X

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by JW7 View Post
        Um, stop acting like the eagles don't have offensive talent. Jackson, Maclin, Celic, McCoy and Bryce Brown rushed for 150+ yards last week and Foles still managed to look terrible.

        Maybe he will end up being the better pick but outside of preseason he looks to be the worst starting rookie qb this year. We probably won't know what we have in Oz for a few years. He's a developmental player who will have his chance to grow. Foles just looks plain bad right now.
        Oh please...Jackson, Maclin, Celic, McCoy and Bryce Brown...

        Jackson has 700 yards 2 TDs on the season and is out hurt now
        Maclin has 500 yards and 4 Tds
        Celek has 500 yards and 1 TD
        Mccoy has 700 yards and 2 TDs

        all are having down years and that was mostly with Vick starting. Vick has only thrown for 2000 yards, 11 TDs and 9 INTs while being sacked 27 times. They are 30th in the league in scoring...This team looked terrible long before Foles stepped in. How do you think Os would look playing for them? He didn't even look good during preseason. Nobody thought Foles would be a starter this year either, he was a developmental prospect who happened to get thrown in when needed. Give him time and Foles will come around.

        As far as Foles being the worst starting rookie QB this year..does he look worse than Lindley in AZ? I think not. All of the other rookie QBs starting (besides Wilson, who hasn't looked all that great either) were 1st round picks who were slotted to start from day 1...big difference don't you think? I'm not trying to say Foles is the best QB out there but he sure is a better option than Osweiler.
        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-30-2012, 02:43 PM.
        sigpic

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by FooserX View Post
          Top 10 pick or not...the Broncos were supposed to be going with PLAN A ALL THE WAY.

          That means using their picks to load up on talent for now, not waste them on potential for the future.

          If Manning lasts 4 years, then that's 4 years we get nothing out of the Osweiler pick.

          It was an awful move. Could have had Doug Martin. Could have had Hightower....could have had any number of players which would be starting now.

          This team is built to win now.

          Maybe Brock turns out to be awesome sitting behind Peyton. Or maybe he turns into a dud because he'll never get the reps needed.

          All in all, awful move for the front office that really botched the draft.

          X
          This.....Exactly what I said when the pick was made. I dont think that Oz will ever earn a starting job here. His contract is going to expire and PM will still be our QB. I think that this was a terrible waste of a pick. I think that the fo was totally asleep at the wheel on days 1 and 2
          Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
            I'm not trying to say Foles is the best QB out there but he sure is a better option than Osweiler.
            Hmm. That's interesting. I didn't know Osweiler had started a game for us yet.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by japfaff View Post
              His contract is going to expire and PM will still be our QB.
              I seriously doubt this. If we win the Superbowl this year you have to wonder if Peyton comes back even next year.

              I'm betting 2 years max. Then Os steps in.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                I seriously doubt this. If we win the Superbowl this year you have to wonder if Peyton comes back even next year.

                I'm betting 2 years max. Then Os steps in.
                PM is going to have to be pried away just like farve, and there is no way he walks away with fewer titles than his little bro
                Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                  PM is going to have to be pried away just like farve, and there is no way he walks away with fewer titles than his little bro
                  Favre was also legendarily healthy (257 consecutive starts nonsense). He hadn't come off of 4 neck operations. And he sure wasn't winning championships, either.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                    ASU's QB has played pretty well this year that is true, but Osweiler is clearly a better prospect. You can't just look at stats otherwise Timmy Chang, Colt Brennan, and Graham Harrell would be superstars.
                    My point was that it appears the offense he played in could very well be a QB friendly system. Which you provided several perfect examples of.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      Oh please...Jackson, Maclin, Celic, McCoy and Bryce Brown...

                      Jackson has 700 yards 2 TDs on the season and is out hurt now
                      Maclin has 500 yards and 4 Tds
                      Celek has 500 yards and 1 TD
                      Mccoy has 700 yards and 2 TDs

                      all are having down years and that was mostly with Vick starting. Vick has only thrown for 2000 yards, 11 TDs and 9 INTs while being sacked 27 times. They are 30th in the league in scoring...This team looked terrible long before Foles stepped in. How do you think Os would look playing for them? He didn't even look good during preseason. Nobody thought Foles would be a starter this year either, he was a developmental prospect who happened to get thrown in when needed. Give him time and Foles will come around.

                      As far as Foles being the worst starting rookie QB this year..does he look worse than Lindley in AZ? I think not. All of the other rookie QBs starting (besides Wilson, who hasn't looked all that great either) were 1st round picks who were slotted to start from day 1...big difference don't you think? I'm not trying to say Foles is the best QB out there but he sure is a better option than Osweiler.
                      These are all for the most part proven playmakers. It's not like he's working with bad talent. I believe Oz would look about the same but you're acting like Foles is the much better option. Oz is a raw player who is in a perfect situation to develop.

                      You got me on Lidley. A fifth round pick I believe. Other than him, Foles appears to be the worst rookie starter of the bunch.

                      To the other post above. How exactly could we have D. Martin and D. Wolfe? Both look to be good players but DT was a much larger need during the draft.
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                        These are all for the most part proven playmakers. It's not like he's working with bad talent. I believe Oz would look about the same but you're acting like Foles is the much better option. Oz is a raw player who is in a perfect situation to develop.

                        You got me on Lidley. A fifth round pick I believe. Other than him, Foles appears to be the worst rookie starter of the bunch.

                        To the other post above. How exactly could we have D. Martin and D. Wolfe? Both look to be good players but DT was a much larger need during the draft.
                        But Wolfe has been primarily playing DE for the broncos

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                          Favre was also legendarily healthy (257 consecutive starts nonsense). He hadn't come off of 4 neck operations. And he sure wasn't winning championships, either.
                          Peyton is an iron man too. 227(?) consecutive starts and I don't think he's ever missed a game before last season either?

                          The neck surgery was intended to make him stronger, not weaker.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by DishWater View Post
                            Favre was also legendarily healthy (257 consecutive starts nonsense). He hadn't come off of 4 neck operations. And he sure wasn't winning championships, either.
                            PM has the same number of championships. PM wont leave this year if he wins it. He wont leave next year if he wins both. He signed the contract to play it out, and when he does how are you ever going to tell him that he need to give away game snaps or even practice reps to Oz?
                            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by japfaff View Post
                              He signed the contract to play it out, and when he does how are you ever going to tell him that he need to give away game snaps or even practice reps to Oz?
                              Incorrect. There are many, many well documented clauses in his contract, specifically regarding his health, that allow him to quite easily step away. Besides, I'm sure he'd tell you at 36/37 this is a year to year thing.

                              Not only is it contractually allowable, it's logical. Especially if he wins a SB.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                                I still can't believe he was taken before Foles.........
                                Foles isn't that good, so not all that surprising.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X