What if Brock stayed another year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DishWater View Post
    I seriously doubt this. If we win the Superbowl this year you have to wonder if Peyton comes back even next year.

I'm betting 2 years max. Then Os steps in.
    2 years total or 2 more.

I think Peyton plays 2-3 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
      But Wolfe has been primarily playing DE for the broncos
      Splitting hairs man. He primarily plays DE but plays DT as well. Defensive line in general was our largest need. Due to the performance of the unit this year, I consider Wolfe to be a greater asset than Martin.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
        My point was that it appears the offense he played in could very well be a QB friendly system. Which you provided several perfect examples of.
        Yeah but the problem with that is that Osweiler wasn't really drafted based on how well he played in that system. His results weren't really all that impressive.

It's his body type, some of the spectacular throws he can make. He didn't make them consistently, that's why his numbers weren't all that good. Osweiler is pure potential, and we are hoping he lives up to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
          Foles isn't that good, so not all that surprising.
          What has Os ever done to show he is any better? Too early to say that about Foles.
          sigpic

Comment

Some of you are saying that Os was a wasted pick cause we are in a win now mode. I just have a couple of things to say; What is wrong with spending one pick for the future? If you were to shop on Craig's list and you came across a great deal that you felt that you may never see again, even tho you did not need it now but felt you would in a few months or so, are you going to pass it up because you did not have a use for it at the immediate time? If a deal is to good to pass up, you are better off in the long run to grab it and put it away until you have a need for it.

If we waited to grab a QB until after Peyton retired, then we run the risk of the 99-03 seasons happening all over again. A QB is the main piece of an offense. Green bey grabbed Aaron Rodgers even when they still had Favre; What do you think would have happened to them had they passed on Rodgers cause they did not need him at the time? What about NE when they got Brady, remember they had Bledsoe at the time?

This is an opportunity for our future franchise QB (hopefully) to learn under the best passer of modern time and if everything works out like Elway hopes, then the Broncos won't miss a beat when Peyton retires.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncolassiter View Post
              Some of you are saying that Os was a wasted pick cause we are in a win now mode. I just have a couple of things to say; What is wrong with spending one pick for the future? If you were to shop on Craig's list and you came across a great deal that you felt that you may never see again, even tho you did not need it now but felt you would in a few months or so, are you going to pass it up because you did not have a use for it at the immediate time? If a deal is to good to pass up, you are better off in the long run to grab it and put it away until you have a need for it.

If we waited to grab a QB until after Peyton retired, then we run the risk of the 99-03 seasons happening all over again. A QB is the main piece of an offense. Green bey grabbed Aaron Rodgers even when they still had Favre; What do you think would have happened to them had they passed on Rodgers cause they did not need him at the time? What about NE when they got Brady, remember they had Bledsoe at the time?

This is an opportunity for our future franchise QB (hopefully) to learn under the best passer of modern time and if everything works out like Elway hopes, then the Broncos won't miss a beat when Peyton retires.
              I agree. I think taking a QB to develop for 2 years was a smart move. I just think Os was the wrong one to take. 1 year of starting gives little to evaluate him on. I think that could easily turn into a Sanchez type of production. Foles had 3 solid years of production, showed good improvement every year in every major category stat-wise and has a better skill set overall, imo.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                I agree. I think taking a QB to develop for 2 years was a smart move. I just think Os was the wrong one to take. 1 year of starting gives little to evaluate him on. I think that could easily turn into a Sanchez type of production. Foles had 3 solid years of production, showed good improvement every year in every major category stat-wise and has a better skill set overall, imo.
                He probably would've been picked if he hadn't stunk the joint up when Elway watched him in that game that Elway watched him play in.
                All in for Siemian!

Comment

What has Os ever done to show he is any better? Too early to say that about Foles.
                  Well, he hasn't started an NFL game. So it's impossible to judge one way or another.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
                    He probably would've been picked if he hadn't stunk the joint up when Elway watched him in that game that Elway watched him play in.
                    I thought the same thing after that game. That was his worst game of the season. 800 yards, 7 TDs and 2 INTs against Oregon and USC then just sucks against Colorado. Go figure.
                    Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-30-2012, 08:14 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought the same thing after that game. That was his worst game of the season. *00 yards, 7 TDs and 2 INTs against Oregon and USC then just sucks against Colorado. Go figure.
                      Must've sucked for him. Bronco fan growing up and his idol scouting him then... blammo! Worst game of the season.
                      All in for Siemian!

Comment

What has Foles done to show he's better?

A bunch of garbage stats in preseason games where teams play vanilla defense?

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                          What has Foles done to show he's better?

A bunch of garbage stats in preseason games where teams play vanilla defense?
                          3 years of quality college play. Osweiler couldn't beat out Steve Threet...........

You want to talk preseason?
                          Foles QBR = 110 and 63% completion
                          Osweiler QBR =57 and 48 completion %
                          Last edited by broncos SB2010; 11-30-2012, 08:29 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

3 years of quality college play. Osweiler couldn't beat out Steve Threet...........

You want to talk preseason?
                            Foles QBR = 110 and 63% completion
                            Osweiler QBR =57 and 48 completion %
                            How's Foles done when teams don't play vanilla/prevent defenses?

Yeah, Brock didn't do good, he shouldn't be starting 2-3 years from now. He's a project.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                              Yeah but the problem with that is that Osweiler wasn't really drafted based on how well he played in that system. His results weren't really all that impressive.

It's his body type, some of the spectacular throws he can make. He didn't make them consistently, that's why his numbers weren't all that good. Osweiler is pure potential, and we are hoping he lives up to it.
                              Pretty much my overall point. His production at Arizona State was not what got him drafted it was more of his potential. I don't think anyone can say for sure if he would go in the top 10 or above where we got him because who's to say he doesn't get injured or doesn't have as good of a year? It's just speculation. We won't know till we know

Comment

For the record, I think both Brock and Wolfe are going to be GREAT for this team. I couldn't be happier. There was a time when QB's were groomed on the bench regularly for 3 or 4 years. This is nothing new. It just so happens that most teams that do that don't have a #1 they are entirely confident in. We are and I think when Manning leaves Os will pick up right where he left off. The kid had IMMENSE potential and I don't see any reason why he won't achieve it. He has the temperament. Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid but if you asked me who I think could compete with the Cam Newtons, RGIII's, and Andrew Lucks in the future of last year and this years upcoming draft. Outside of Geno Smith I'd put Brock right at the top of the list and we got him in the 2nd round.

Comment

Working...
                                X