No announcement yet.

What if Brock stayed another year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that I've seen Peyton is back to playing like the all-pro he is, I'm glad we took Brock. I was worried because he isn't a guy that can step in right away and be effective, but now that it looks like he'll have a few years to develop I think he was a great pick. Based on his size and physical tools I think he has huge potential, and learning an NFL offense for a few years before he has to play should help mold him into a good decision maker/field general by the time he does have to play. I'll be really bummed when Peyton does retire, but I'll be excited to see what Brock can do too.

Comment

I am a big Osweiler supporter and think he can be our franchise QB, but if you're looking for a potential steal in the draft this year for a QB, keep an eye on Brad Sorensen from Southern Utah.

Smaller D1 school prospect with great skills.

6'4, 235 pound rocket armed QB with solid athleticism and consistent college production. Even with a good performance during draft season, I doubt he goes before the 5th round. He could be a steal in the 6th-7th round.
      RESTORE THE ORANGE CRUSH!!!!
      :smash

LONG LIVE THE ORANGE AND BLUE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
        I agree. I think taking a QB to develop for 2 years was a smart move. I just think Os was the wrong one to take. 1 year of starting gives little to evaluate him on. I think that could easily turn into a Sanchez type of production. Foles had 3 solid years of production, showed good improvement every year in every major category stat-wise and has a better skill set overall, imo.
        Most of us questioned getting Von Miller last season as well. I think Elway has done well in the 2 drafts he had and has earned the right to draft without question. Until it is proven otherwise, I will trust Elway's opinion over that of even my own as he knows way more than I do about Football. If any of the fans on this board are honest they will have to admit that no matter how much they know about football, Elway knows more! Not to ruffle anybody's feathers, but we as fans are nowhere near as qualified as Elway at evaluating talent. I am not saying that he can't be wrong about a player, I'm just saying that he will be right far more often than us. If Elway says that Os if better than Foles, then that is good enough for me.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AdamWeberOrBust View Post
          He probably would've been picked if he hadn't stunk the joint up when Elway watched him in that game that Elway watched him play in.
          Foles could've thrown 10 TDs in that game and we would've still drafted Os.

Comment

Originally posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
            Foles could've thrown 10 TDs in that game and we would've still drafted Os.
            Yeah I guess you're right there.

To be honest though I doubt I or anyone else here knows more about the QB position than John freaking Elway.
            All in for Siemian!

Comment

Originally posted by Matymaddog View Post
              For the record, I think both Brock and Wolfe are going to be GREAT for this team. I couldn't be happier. There was a time when QB's were groomed on the bench regularly for 3 or 4 years. This is nothing new. It just so happens that most teams that do that don't have a #1 they are entirely confident in. We are and I think when Manning leaves Os will pick up right where he left off. The kid had IMMENSE potential and I don't see any reason why he won't achieve it. He has the temperament. Maybe I'm drinking the kool-aid but if you asked me who I think could compete with the Cam Newtons, RGIII's, and Andrew Lucks in the future of last year and this years upcoming draft. Outside of Geno Smith I'd put Brock right at the top of the list and we got him in the 2nd round.
              Yup. That's the hope.

The guy has all the physical abilities in the world. The height. The arm strength to make every throw on the field. Mobility. he's like a clay. He has the luxury to sit back and they can mold him into the player they want him to be. After spending a couple of year behind manning I hope he takes in everything he can and behind the scene he can develop in practice. He seems to have great character to go with leadership so I'm expecting him to be our franchise QB for a long time.

I can't wait to see him next pre season to see how he's developed.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                How's Foles done when teams don't play vanilla/prevent defenses?

Yeah, Brock didn't do good, he shouldn't be starting 2-3 years from now. He's a project.
                You say Brock is a project and shouldn't start for a couple years yet people here are saying he would be #1 QB or top 10 pick this year in the draft????

You keep saying how bad Foles has done so far as a starter. How is that relevant to anything? Osweiler has done zero in the regular season and everything they have done, Foles has done better. Better in College. Better in the preseason. Foles was the best QB in the senior bowl game (Os didn't play). The only thing Os has supposedly done better at is drills. Maybe Os will turn out to be the better NFL QB, maybe he won't. I agree Fox and Elway know more about QBs and FB than I ever will but nothing Os has done has shown he is a better QB and saying Foles looks bad so far for the Eagles does not change that. Os would look way worse than Foles playing in that same system right now.

You also say he is the worst looking rookie QB. You are comparing him to the #1, #2, #8, and #22 overall picks for the most part. All first rounders. Russell Wilson was picked before Foles too. He isn't supposed to look better than them. What's your point about that?

Weeden's first game he had a 5.1 QBR and that was with all TC and preseason as the starter.
                Luck's first game he had a 53 rating throwing for 3 INTs and no TDs
                Tannehill had a 39 rating with 3 INTs and no TDs
                Griffin has played well since day 1

3 out of the 4 first round pick QBs started off badly. Did you write them off after their first game too? Foles has started 2 games but really...going to judge off those 2 games alone and then use that to compare him to a guy who has taken 0 snaps in the NFL?
                Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-01-2012, 07:28 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                  You say Brock is a project and shouldn't start for a couple years yet people here are saying he would be #1 QB or top 10 pick this year in the draft????

You keep saying how bad Foles has done so far as a starter. How is that relevant to anything? Osweiler has done zero in the regular season and everything they have done, Foles has done better. Better in College. Better in the preseason. Foles was the best QB in the senior bowl game (Os didn't play). The only thing Os has supposedly done better at is drills. Maybe Os will turn out to be the better NFL QB, maybe he won't. I agree Fox and Elway know more about QBs and FB than I ever will but nothing Os has done has shown he is a better QB and saying Foles looks bad so far for the Eagles does not change that. Os would look way worse than Foles playing in that same system right now.

You also say he is the worst looking rookie QB. You are comparing him to the #1, #2, #8, and #22 overall picks for the most part. All first rounders. Russell Wilson was picked before Foles too. He isn't supposed to look better than them. What's your point about that?

Weeden's first game he had a 5.1 QBR and that was with all TC and preseason as the starter.
                  Luck's first game he had a 53 rating throwing for 3 INTs and no TDs
                  Tannehill had a 39 rating with 3 INTs and no TDs
                  Griffin has played well since day 1

3 out of the 4 first round pick QBs started off badly. Did you write them off after their first game too? Foles has started 2 games but really...going to judge off those 2 games alone and then use that to compare him to a guy who has taken 0 snaps in the NFL?
                  Have you seen the upcoming QB's in this draft?

It's not crazy to say Brock would be a top 10 pick if he stayed another year. Or at least a 1st round pick. With his physical attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by ERoyal248 View Post
                    Have you seen the upcoming QB's in this draft?

It's not crazy to say Brock would be a top 10 pick if he stayed another year. Or at least a 1st round pick. With his physical attributes.
                    Yep, I have seen the QBs coming up. None of them are very spectacular. That doesn't mean anything. Just because a guy may or may not be the best player at his position does not make them a top 10 or first round pick. If he had a great season this year, if he had stayed, and looked spectacular I could understand that but that is a huge IF. Last year Landry Jones was a projected top pick, now where is he projected?
                    sigpic

Comment

Foles looked pretty damn good in the loss last night vs. Cowboys. If Brown doesn't fumble on the last drive, it would have been really interesting to see if he could come up with yet another strong TD drive.

My point is that PFM is starting for us for 4 years. So for 4 years, we lost what could have been another strong starter in that pick. You don't spend money on something you're not going to use. If PFM goes down, then we're screwed anyway, because you only win in this league with an elite QB.

The fact you can see good QB's now in Foles and Russel Wilson produce...that just reinforces my point that we could have drafted, or signed another FA QB, in case Peyton did go down. The only way this Oz pick turns out to be a good decision is if he turns out to be AWESOME.

Oh, and they manipulated the first couple rounds of this years draft Oz. They really botched things, so no, Elway doesn't get a free pass on drafting. They hit with Von Miller, and they got Elway, but I still would like to see better drafting before I start giving them free passes on the most integral part of building a team.

X

Comment

Originally posted by FooserX View Post
                        Oh, and they manipulated the first couple rounds of this years draft Oz. They really botched things, so no, Elway doesn't get a free pass on drafting. They hit with Von Miller, and they got Elway, but I still would like to see better drafting before I start giving them free passes on the most integral part of building a team.X
                        Really? OK
                        "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Some people seem to think that Elway is just going to let his guy walk away without ever getting a shot to be the guy in Denver after Manning, really?

Listen, Elway thought highly of Brock before Manning was even a Bronco. He targeted him in the draft and moved around to get him. He's said he's 'the future' and can be a 'Championship QB'. Elway also asked Brock pre-draft if he would be okay with sitting behind Manning up to 5 years and Brock said he would relish the opportunity. Brock will not leave Denver without getting a chance to be the Franchise QB here after Manning.

Whether that's by re-signing him before his contract is up or applying the franchise tag; He will get a chance to be the guy after Manning. He's Elways guy and it's obvious that Elway isn't going anywhere so neither is Brock. Period.
                          sigpic

@BlueNOrangeFTW

Comment

Originally posted by BluenOrnge4Life View Post
                            Some people seem to think that Elway is just going to let his guy walk away without ever getting a shot to be the guy in Denver after Manning, really?

Listen, Elway thought highly of Brock before Manning was even a Bronco. He targeted him in the draft and moved around to get him. He's said he's 'the future' and can be a 'Championship QB'. Elway also asked Brock pre-draft if he would be okay with sitting behind Manning up to 5 years and Brock said he would relish the opportunity. Brock will not leave Denver without getting a chance to be the Franchise QB here after Manning.

Whether that's by re-signing him before his contract is up or applying the franchise tag; He will get a chance to be the guy after Manning. He's Elways guy and it's obvious that Elway isn't going anywhere so neither is Brock. Period.
                            QFT.

10char....

Comment

I can only hope we spent the early draft pick THIS season to save value in the years to come. Because we surely could have done better for the team that's on the field right now
                              Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

I think Oz has one huge advantage in that he's surrounded by a championship atmosphere which should make him comfortable with that and uncomfortable with losing ....... whether Manning is mentoring him or not is not my point. My point is that he's experiencing first hand 'a winning culture' which should aid in his psychological development. Yes, I do believe in this
                                Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Comment

Working...
                                X