What if Brock stayed another year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if Brock stayed another year?

I'm not one for opening threads but I was thinking today about this years draft and how the quarterback class leaves a lot to be desired.

What if Brock had stayed in college for another season and performed as well as he did last season? Would he be a favourite for the number 1 draft choice? I knew their were talks of him being a first round talent if he had stayed at Arizona State.

*Mods if this is in the wrong section could you please move it? Cheers!*
    All in for Siemian!

KC would have a hard time NOT taking him.

Comment

I dont know about #1 overall, but if he had matched his stats from his junior year he easily would have been a first round pick. When you look at the rise of players like Tannehill, Weeden, Gabbert, and Ponder in recent years there is just no way you can put them above Brock's level coming out of college. It is hard to say how high he would have gone, but the top ten certainly would have been a possibility.

He has loads of physical talent, I am excited to see what he can do a few years down the road from now.

Comment

Hard to say.

This time last year he was ranked behind Landry and Barkley, but those two were ranked highly and have fallen since...

I could've seen him sneaking into the 1st Round. It's pure speculation without seeing a year of performances, though. Nobody thought Barkley would slide like that, but it's happened because he hasn't been brilliant...

Comment

I could probably see him going somewhere around Tyler Wilson's level, not No. 1 Overall though.

Comment

Who can say. He might have worked into the first round...He wouldnt be a top 5 pick... But he could have also worked his way back into the 3rd or 4th round just as easy
            Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

He could probably be the 3rd or 4th QB taken. Late first to second round.

Him coming out last year looks like a good decision for him. If he would've stayed he would be playing in a spread offense that wouldn't help him in the nfl. Right now he's basically still in school learning from Professor Elway and Manning. Let's just hope he turns out to be what Elway envisioned.

Comment

If he matched his junior stats, he would be taken 1st overall. Especially because he has above average arm strength that would emd up beimg overblown n the media like it always is with 1st round QBs with good arm stremght. Coming up to the draft scouts would laud him as the next best arm in the league, and we would hear stories of him throwing medicine balls 50 yards in the air.

That being said, I think we will consider ourselves lucky we got him at the end of the 2nd

Comment

I still can't believe he was taken before Foles.........
                  sigpic

Comment

He would be taken higher than #57, probably substantially higher than #32. Top ten? We'll never know.
                    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                      This is a pre draft scouting report from April.

Foles has the physical tools but didn't cause any fervor at the Senior Bowl or Combine. He is firmly behind Weeden, Cousins and Osweiler.

Early in the season, Foles was doing a good job of avoiding turnovers, but late in the year, he threw a bunch of interceptions. One of the reasons for the interceptions is Foles' inclination to lock on to one receiver and not make progressions through his different reads. Foles' field vision will need work and that is the big detriment to his game.

Comment

I actually wouldn't be surprised if in that scenario, we end up with Doug Martin instead of Hillman... Our draft this year was based around getting Osweiler pretty much.
                        :usa: *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women*** :usa:

sigpic
                        Adopted Bronco 2015 CJ Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
                          Yeah because Foles is really lighting it up right now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JW7 View Post
                            Yeah because Foles is really lighting it up right now.
                            2 games playing on a terrible team. No WR, McCoy is having a bad season and a non existent Oline. Yea...that's a good measure of his abilities.
                            sigpic

Comment

Here is one for Osweiler. What's your point?

Osweiler had on-the-field judgment issues and isn't reliable to protect the ball from turnovers. It seems as if he starts to get rolling in a game, and the more confidence he builds, the more of a gunslinger mentality he adopts. This severely hinders his play. When under control, early in the game, he is athletic, accurate, and a good game manager. He is likely a developmental prospect who could struggle if forced to play early.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X