No announcement yet.

manning mvp race

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given the direction that the NFL is headed in, they should consider changing it to quarterback of the year and handing out an MVP for non quarterbacks. That way guys like Calvin Johnson can be celebrated for having a remarkable season, and not overlooked simply because they don't play quarterback. They also need to change the standard for what is considered an MVP season for a quarterback. It's a passing league now. Quarterbacks should be held to higher standards. This applies to guys like Ryan etc., but not necessarily Brady and Manning. Those two should be in the discussion.

I understand the argument for Manning and Brady. Particularly Manning, who obviously changes everything about your franchise. That is something that no other quarterback really does, and should be taken into consideration.

Comment

I agree with that Spice 1. They need three MVP awards. QB. Non QB offense. Defense. In a sense, that's what you have with MVP, Offensive POY and Defensive POY, but maybe it's time to admit that the MVP is always going to be a QB.

As for Peterson, he's a candidate for offensive POY and Comeback POY (along with Manning). He doesn't have a prayer of making MVP if his team has a losing record and/or fails to make the playoffs.

Comment

Peterson is up there but its not likely he goes for 150 and a td every game.. but it is ap so who knows. I do think manning has a slight edge but Brady did beat manning already. I think von and watts stats should have them in some kind of consideration but they will be left back. It's mannings to win after he sets career highs in stats and leads the Broncos on a season ending winning streak especially if it places them in the 2 seed. Brady has to face a couple good defenses and a loss in either games would hurt bradys stock. Man it sure would be beautiful to get mvp, sb mvp, lombardi trophy, comeback player of the yr, and von getting dpoy! Now for coach of the year?
        BURR

Comment

Originally posted by jcapelli7 View Post
          Peterson is up there but its not likely he goes for 150 and a td every game.. but it is ap so who knows. I do think manning has a slight edge but Brady did beat manning already. I think von and watts stats should have them in some kind of consideration but they will be left back. It's mannings to win after he sets career highs in stats and leads the Broncos on a season ending winning streak especially if it places them in the 2 seed. Brady has to face a couple good defenses and a loss in either games would hurt bradys stock. Man it sure would be beautiful to get mvp, sb mvp, lombardi trophy, comeback player of the yr, and von getting dpoy! Now for coach of the year?
          If manning wins mvp, sb mvp, and comeback player of the year, that may hinder rather than help von miller's chance getting dpoy. John elway might get executive of the year. Look at where he took us from 2 years ago.

Comment

With the turn around in one year idk how there's any way another gm could steal it from elway. Went from last 5 minute tebow magic to 3 phases of strong football with depth at many positions. Manning winning all that won't have an effect on vons dpoy.. stats won't lie in the end. Just need von to get to 22 sacks and the rest of his ff, int, and tfl will carry him to the award.
            BURR

Comment

I think people look at it wrong. Better stats does not necessarily mean MVP. Brady is a product of the system as proven by Castle. You place Brady on another team and he will be just a better than average QB. Rodgers is driving the team previously driven by Farve. Manning has shown that he could go anywhere and succeed, as he elevates the talent around him to a whole other level. Denver has a bunch of 2nd & 3rd year players on offense and Manning is making them look like veterans twice their age. I think that an MVP should be looked at by what they do for the rest of the players on the team, not by how many TDs they get. Manning is not one to kick an opponent once he is down, once he has a comfortable lead in the 4th, he is just going to mercifully kill the clock, not add salt to the wound. Brady on the other hand will dump salt into an open wound by running up the score, he will not show mercy.
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X