Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a better Touchdown song - they took the Hey song away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a better Touchdown song - they took the Hey song away.

Well apparently the Broncos aren't going to play the Hey song (Gary Glitter's Rock 'n roll) anymore after touchdowns because of Gary Glitter's legal troubles.

But, the song they played at yesterday's game was lame - nobody was excited after the touchdown because there was no Hey song to dance to - it was some unexciting 1960's song that brings to mind Rockies games.

So, they are going to do a poll maybe - I'd vote for Party Rock. In any case, if you miss the Hey song, call the Marketing Department and let them know.

Denver Broncos Marketing Department
    Sports Authority Field at Mile High
    1701 Bryant St.
    Suite 900
    Denver, CO 80204
    (720) 258-3100

What?

They played Blur after TD's yesterday...didn't they?

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

I didn't hear that - I heard some 1950's song "C'mon Now" which sounds like you're at a Rockies game, and everyone ignores and just sits there after the TD, then they tried Pitbull's Bud Light Party song in the second half and that wasn't much better.

At least Party Rock would be better!

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
      What?
      They played Blur after TD's yesterday...didn't they?
      Last edited by Peanut; 12-03-2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by champ24girl View Post
        I didn't hear that - I heard some 1950's song "C'mon Now" which sounds like you're at a Rockies game, and everyone ignores and just sits there after the TD, then they tried Pitbull's Bud Light Party song in the second half and that wasn't much better.

At least Party Rock would be better!
        lol

Shout by the Isley Brothers.
        Last edited by Peanut; 12-03-2012, 12:11 PM.
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

The blur song rocks, but The Hey song has been around forever. Weren't we the first to play it a long time ago after Scoring? I crank it up here at the house after each TD. If I recall, wasn't it the DU pioneers that started it in the early 80's.

Comment

How about John Denver's "Rocky mountain high"?

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
              How about John Denver's "Rocky mountain high"?
              That would be terriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiible lol
              the most unexciting song ever
              sigpic

Comment

LOL, Rocky Mountain High - that'd be appropriate (esp. since I smelled pot in the South Stands yesterday, oh my).

Comment

Thanks Cory - sorry, I had no idea what song that was, but it's really boring. I'd take KC and the Sunshine Band "That's the way I like it" over the Isley Brothers.

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                  lol

Shout by the Isley Brothers.

Comment

oh Gary Glitter got arrested again, that's why. I guess the Broncos have been doing against Roger Goodell's wishes anyway.

In 2006, the NFL advised its football teams not to use the Glitter version of "Rock and Roll (Part 2)" at games.
                    http://www.9news.com/entertainment/2...Gary-Glitter--

Comment

Thanks Cory - sorry, I had no idea what song that was, but it's really boring. I'd take KC and the Sunshine Band "That's the way I like it" over the Isley Brothers.
                      Shouts not really a boring song....
                      sigpic

Comment

Have you been to the games at Mile High? When they play the Hey song EVERYONE is singing along with it and going "Hey" and when they play Shout everyone either sits down or heads to the bathroom. I'm just telling you what I've seen in the South Stands these past few games. It's not a fire up song let's put it that way.
                        Originally posted by VenomousDB View Post
                        Shouts not really a boring song....

Comment

Have you been to the games at Mile High? When they play the Hey song EVERYONE is singing along with it and going "Hey" and when they play Shout everyone either sits down or heads to the bathroom. I'm just telling you what I've seen in the South Stands these past few games. It's not a fire up song let's put it that way.
                          Nope, never been to a game. EVER. In my life.
                          BTW, they werent playing Shout after touchdowns, so youre thinking of the wrong song.
                          sigpic

Comment

oh Gary Glitter got arrested again, that's why. I guess the Broncos have been doing against Roger Goodell's wishes anyway.

In 2006, the NFL advised its football teams not to use the Glitter version of "Rock and Roll (Part 2)" at games.
                            http://www.9news.com/entertainment/2...Gary-Glitter--
                            Well I can tell ya I didnt know anything about the guy that played the song but I sure would be ok if we never used it again I do not like the idea of the Broncos supporting a sex offender....
                            GO BRONCOS AFC Champs!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.myspace.com/music/player?sid=83896049&ac=now

play that one
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X