Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chronoless View Post
    Nah im fine with this, as long as we Win the Superbowl
    Power rankings don't mean anything when they change week by week. A superbowl win gives you the ranking that no one can change.

Comment

Agree with the rankings. Another site had us 5 behind SF. THAT is a joke !

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
        I believe it was ESPN's rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by ArchAngel View Post
          I remember reading an article in the Denver Post or Rocky Mountain news waaay back, Dave Logan said even though he played for the Browns for many years he was still a fan of the Broncos and followed their progress even when he was still on the Browns roster. It was a dream come true for him when he was traded to the Broncos (or was he cut? I dont remember). Anyways, I love listening to him call a Broncos game. I actually felt he teamed up well with Brian Griese who is also very knowledgable of the game, unlike Scott Hastings.
          While not a big fan of Griese as a QB, I thought he was excellent as a color guy.

Comment

Originally posted by lvbronx View Post
            While not a big fan of Griese as a QB, I thought he was excellent as a color guy.
            The only thing I never liked about him was how much he defended Orton...

...ironically enough...
            sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by bronx_2003 View Post
              Yep, saw that on ESPN.

I really think SF jumped into a huge pile of steaming poo making that QB change. I believe Kaepernick can be a good QB, but it was the worst possible time to make a switch, and now they're in the middle of a QB controversy headed into the playoffs, no good can come from that.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                Yep, saw that on ESPN.

I really think SF jumped into a huge pile of steaming poo making that QB change. I believe Kaepernick can be a good QB, but it was the worst possible time to make a switch, and now they're in the middle of a QB controversy headed into the playoffs, no good can come from that.
                Yeah I believe SF is in a crisis right now, and it could not have come at at worse time than right now, since they were in danger of losing thier division lead, and maybe not even making the playoffs, even though it is very unlikely.

Comment

For some reason my phone won't load the link...

But 4 sounds right to me. The 3 teams that beat us should be ahead of us for now.

Comment

Originally posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
                    For some reason my phone won't load the link...

But 4 sounds right to me. The 3 teams that beat us should be ahead of us for now.
                    Come playoff time, we will be ready to dethrone them from thier ranking no matter who we play.

Comment

Originally posted by Fansince2000 View Post
                      Yeah I believe SF is in a crisis right now, and it could not have come at at worse time than right now, since they were in danger of losing thier division lead, and maybe not even making the playoffs, even though it is very unlikely.
                      We all remember the 2006 Broncos, Shanahan switches his starting QB while the team is 7-4, they end up not even making the playoffs. Even then there were justifiable reasons to make a switch, Plummer was struggling and had thrown more INT than TD, plus they had lost back to back games and dropped 3 of the last 5.

Shanahan made the switch, in essence, to stop the bleeding, he committed fully to Cutler, and it was easy for many to see that he gave them the best chance to win. The same can't be said about SF.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                        We all remember the 2006 Broncos, Shanahan switches his starting QB while the team is 7-4, they end up not even making the playoffs. Even then there were justifiable reasons to make a switch, Plummer was struggling and had thrown more INT than TD, plus they had lost back to back games and dropped 3 of the last 5.

Shanahan made the switch, in essence, to stop the bleeding, he committed fully to Cutler, and it was easy for many to see that he gave them the best chance to win. The same can't be said about SF.
                        I remember exactly what you were talking about. All we had to do was win against Jacksonville for all teams, and 2006 would have been a year to forget. But now, that year lives in infamy and started the Bronco degradation all the way to the embarassing 4-12 season. In SF's case they need to adress it NOW and put Alex Smith back in. It was a mistake for Harbuagh to get Kapernick in, like it was for Shannhan to let Cutler take Jake Plummer's job.

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
                          The only thing I never liked about him was how much he defended Orton...

...ironically enough...
                          That is my only pet peeve about Dave, but besides that, a Denver sports fan's dream come true. I mean everyone ain't perfect, there has to be one flaw in every person right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fansince2000 View Post
                            I remember exactly what you were talking about. All we had to do was win against Jacksonville for all teams, and 2006 would have been a year to forget. But now, that year lives in infamy and started the Bronco degradation all the way to the embarassing 4-12 season. In SF's case they need to adress it NOW and put Alex Smith back in. It was a mistake for Harbuagh to get Kapernick in, like it was for Shannhan to let Cutler take Jake Plummer's job.
                            I believe if the man (Plummer/Smith) gets you to your record, let the man play out the rest of the season, if you are still in the payoff.

Comment

Offensive and Defensive MVP

Has the same team ever produced an offensive MVP and a defensive MVP in the same season? I was thinking about it today because the Broncos have a very good chance of doing just that with Manning and Miller. The MVP race will be close in both categories this season. But how cool would it be if both Manning and Miller won their respective MVP awards, and then we went on to win the Super Bowl? Maybe I'm being greedy, I just haven't been this excited for our team in a long long time. We have some great talent on this team.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                                Has the same team ever produced an offensive MVP and a defensive MVP in the same season? I was thinking about it today because the Broncos have a very good chance of doing just that with Manning and Miller. The MVP race will be close in both categories this season. But how cool would it be if both Manning and Miller won their respective MVP awards, and then we went on to win the Super Bowl? Maybe I'm being greedy, I just haven't been this excited for our team in a long long time. We have some great talent on this team.
                                I believe the Ravens did it during their super bowl year.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X