Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What "seed" will the Broncos end up with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What "seed" will the Broncos end up with?

With the Broncos winning the AFC West outright, they are assured of one of the top 4 playoff seeds. They also assured themselves of at least one home playoff game. However, should they garner one of the top 2 seeds, it is as though they had already won one playoff game, securing a bye in the first round and giving the team an extra week to rest and prepare.

The following Link lists the likelihood of any AFC team achieving a certain seed in the playoffs:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcstandings.html

However, it also shows relative strength of remaining opponents here:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/afcsosrg.html

Please also keep in mind the tie breakers. On top of that, some of these teams still play each other like the Broncos and Ravens, as well as the Patriots and Texans. (Underlined.)

WK DATE OPPONENT

BRONCOS:
    14 Thu, Dec 6 @ Raiders
    15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Ravens
    16 Sun, Dec 23 Browns
    17 Sun, Dec 30 Chiefs

PATRIOTS:
    14 Mon, Dec 10 Texans
    15 Sun, Dec 16 49ers
    16 Sun, Dec 23 @ Jaguars
    17 Sun, Dec 30 Dolphins

RAVENS:
    14 Sun, Dec 9 @ Redskins
    15 Sun, Dec 16 Broncos
    16 Sun, Dec 23 Giants
    17 Sun, Dec 30 @ Bengals *

STEELERS:
    14 Sun, Dec 9 Chargers
    15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Cowboys
    16 Sun, Dec 23 Bengals *
    17 Sun, Dec 30 Browns

COLTS:
    14 Sun, Dec 9 Titans
    15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Texans
    16 Sun, Dec 23 @ Chiefs
    17 Sun, Dec 30 Texans

TEXANS:
    14 Mon, Dec 10 @ Patriots
    15 Sun, Dec 16 Colts
    16 Sun, Dec 23 Vikings
    17 Sun, Dec 30 @ Colts

NOTE: The BRONCO have, by far, the easiest remaining schedule!

* I forgot to mention that the Bengals are still fighting for a playoff spot and still play both the Ravens and Steelers.
    Seed #1
    1.92%
    Seed #2
    60.58%
    Seed #3
    35.58%
    Seed #4
    1.92%
    Last edited by kevlar441; 12-04-2012, 06:39 AM.
    "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

I believe we will get the 2nd seed. I think we win out.

I see NE losing 1 against either Hou/SF and I see us winning out so we take care of the #2 seed. Lets hope NE loses 1 or 2 LOL.

Comment

I see us taking the 3rd seed. I believe we'll lose one more game but will beat Baltimore. Baltimore will lose 2 more, including one against us, and New England will win out but may lose one. I believe it will end up:
      1. Houston 14-2
      2. New England 13-3
      3. Denver 12-4
      4. Baltimore 11-5
      5. Pittsburgh 11-5
      6. Indianapolis 10-6

What a wild card weekend that would be! Manning and the Broncos vs Luck and the Colts plus the always entertaining Pittsburgh vs Baltimore rivalry!
      sigpic

Comment

Please keep in mind that Houston has not won it's division yet. While the Ravens have not even secured a playoff spot yet.

Comment

Originally posted by jclark34 View Post
          I see us taking the 3rd seed. I believe we'll lose one more game but will beat Baltimore. Baltimore will lose 2 more, including one against us, and New England will win out but may lose one. I believe it will end up:
          1. Houston 14-2
          2. New England 13-3
          3. Denver 12-4
          4. Baltimore 11-5
          5. Pittsburgh 11-5
          6. Indianapolis 10-6

What a wild card weekend that would be! Manning and the Broncos vs Luck and the Colts plus the always entertaining Pittsburgh vs Baltimore rivalry!
          New England is staring at both Houston and San Fran.

Comment

I believe the biggest challenge for us will be the Ravens, but otherwise we'll finish 13-3. If the Steelers can, then we can!
            2020 Adopt-A-Bronco: #10 JERRY JEUDY
            Previous Adoptees: #25 CHRIS HARRIS, #38 QUINTON CARTER, #43 TJ WARD

Comment

the #1 overall seed. i said it early in the season. And I said that starting from the chargers game, we would win 14 in a row on the way to the lombardi. Sticking with all my predictions until I'm mathematically proven wrong!
              Go broncos

Comment

I picked 2nd

Regardless I am pretty stoked it is 1st week of december and we have clinched the Div.

Now we can focus on tweaking our team for a long playoff run and not worry about going all out to make the playoffs.
                Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

I think New England will win out, as I've been saying for weeks. Given that, we'll either get the #3 or #4 seed, depending on whether or not we beat the Ravens.
                  ”Those who would give up liberty for security, deserve neither.” Ben Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by KoolBreeze View Post
                    I think New England will win out, as I've been saying for weeks. Given that, we'll either get the #3 or #4 seed, depending on whether or not we beat the Ravens.
                    Both Houston and San Fran will have something to say about that.

Comment

I voted 3rd. I really hope we can get the 2nd seed and get that first round bye but I don't think New England is going to lose again.

Comment

As this team is still building chemistry, It might be better to not have the first round bye but I would take it.

Comment

Originally posted by redsandcowboy View Post
                          As this team is still building chemistry, It might be better to not have the first round bye but I would take it.
                          I know you want to keep momentum going, plus there's the history of Manning after getting the first round bye.

But I would still rather have us watching the wild card round instead of playing the Steelers with pay back on their minds.

Dont get me wrong, I think we would beat Pittsburgh or Indy. I'd just prefer to only need 2 wins to get to the SB.

Comment

I voted 3rd seed due to the Broncos loss to both the Texans and the Patriots earlier this year. I believe we have the ability to win out and end with a 13-3 record.

Broncos 34 Raiders 13
                            Broncos 17 Ravens 14
                            Broncos 27 Browns 10
                            Broncos 21 Chiefs 14
                            sigpic
                            2014 Adopted Bronco: Juwan Thompson

Comment

Im a RG3 and Houston fan next week....but first we gotta take care of business first on Thursday
                              I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X