Matt Willis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Willis

Anybody else impressed by his play on sunday? I thought he did really well filling in for Stokes. I think he has learned a lot from Stokely. I have always liked Willis, plays great on ST and is an improving receiver .

I think he is the slot man of the future.
    sigpic

I've always liked Matt Willis and have stuck up for him, however I wouldn't go THAT far and say "he's the slot man of the future". I believe we'll address the slot receiver position in the draft.

He's a perfect #4/#5 option for any football team due to his special teams prowess and ability to play multiple receiver formations in a pinch.

sigpic

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

:cool:

Comment

Originally posted by The Experience View Post
      Anybody else impressed by his play on sunday? I thought he did really well filling in for Stokes. I think he has learned a lot from Stokely. I have always liked Willis, plays great on ST and is an improving receiver .

I think he is the slot man of the future.
      i think he has potential to be that third receiver. He has always been a reliable pass catcher but needed to learn the game so he may be that guy for us
      A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

I think he is ok. Nothing special though. He will stay on the roster, but not for long, imo. He is 29 next season so I believe his roster spot is in serious trouble each and every season. He is a FA after this season I don't think they bring him back unless they absolutely have to.
        Last edited by broncos SB2010; 12-04-2012, 01:05 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
          I think he is ok. Nothing special though. He will stay on the roster, but not for long, imo. He is 29 next season so I believe his roster spot is in serious trouble each and every season. He is a FA after this season I don't think they bring him back unless they absolutely have to.
          We have to remember he is playing with Manning. He could turn any WR into a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by getlynched47 View Post
            I've always liked Matt Willis and have stuck up for him, however I wouldn't go THAT far and say "he's the slot man of the future". I believe we'll address the slot receiver position in the draft.

He's a perfect #4/#5 option for any football team due to his special teams prowess and ability to play multiple receiver formations in a pinch.
            See idk we could've easily picked up a future replacment for stokley in Blair white or Jordan Shipley and we didn't even sniff them so I think we may look at another wr in the draft but probably just a late round flier on a 1st round talent that's been hurt like Irving or bolden
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Was he playing slot? I noticed DT was lined up in the slot on a few plays and willis was wide left.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fansince2000 View Post
                We have to remember he is playing with Manning. He could turn any WR into a stud.
                There are only 4 weeks left in the regular season. He hasn't turned Willis into a stud yet and there is no real incentive to bring Willis back when they can get younger guys with the same, if not more, potential pretty easily. I believe they will be looking for another WR in this draft and Willis will be a FA.
                sigpic

Comment

I want to see Caldwell play
                  I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I've never been a big fan of Willis. He had some nice catches in the game, but didn't show me anything that led me to believe he is going to be anything special in the future. We can find a better cheaper slot receiver in the draft or free agency this off-season. I'd actually rather have Holliday playing offense than Willis.

Comment

Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
                      I've never been a big fan of Willis. He had some nice catches in the game, but didn't show me anything that led me to believe he is going to be anything special in the future. We can find a better cheaper slot receiver in the draft or free agency this off-season. I'd actually rather have Holliday playing offense than Willis.
                      I think they need to get Holliday involved in the screen game.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by crash123go View Post
                        i think he has potential to be that third receiver. He has always been a reliable pass catcher but needed to learn the game so he may be that guy for us
                        True that he needed to learn the game, but I think that time frame lasted for about 2-3 years in the NFL.

If he was 23-24, I would be excited for his room to grow, but he ain't getting much better at 28 years old. (not saying he won't get better, but don't expect a breakout season)
                        Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

Comment

I'm not saying the guy is the next Wes Welker. But I think he has the potential to do for us what Stokely does right now. Manning obviously likes him, he looked his way quite a bit on sunday.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                            I want to see Caldwell play
                            Why?

(10 Char)

Comment

Willis makes a fine #4/5 WR, his play on ST justifies his roster spot. I do not see him being a #3, but is good enough to be the next man up in case of injuries. I do think Decker may be moved to the slot in the future. Not that he is a bad outside guy, but he may be more valuable in the slot if we can find a good WR this off season. Not sure Stokley will be back.
                              Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Comment

Working...
                              X