• Show
Clear All

• AirMax
    replied
    Lets get real hes not that good. Just another guy

Leave a comment:

• NYColt
    replied
    I don't know Willis well enough to comment on his upside, but I will say my heart skipped a beat everytime the ball went to him

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Chaz
    replied
    @Broncos-R-Great

I want to see Caldwell also, and the reason why? He put up alright numbers w Carson Palmer throwing him the ball give him a chance. Actually that's not the main reason. Main reason is the dude has the kinda speed that demands respect, the only other wr we have on the roster that has wheels like that is DT. I just think him takin the safeties deep would open up TONS of the stuff in the middle of the field that Peyton likes to exploit, especially early in games. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• Fansince2000
    replied
    Originally posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    There are only 4 weeks left in the regular season. He hasn't turned Willis into a stud yet and there is no real incentive to bring Willis back when they can get younger guys with the same, if not more, potential pretty easily. I believe they will be looking for another WR in this draft and Willis will be a FA.
    The quote was meant to say the way Manning performs on gameday can turn them into a stud on a game by game basis. When he isn't there they aren't studs anymore.

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by The Experience View Post
    I'm not saying the guy is the next Wes Welker. But I think he has the potential to do for us what Stokely does right now. Manning obviously likes him, he looked his way quite a bit on sunday.
    Stokely

Willis

Leave a comment:

• samparnell
    replied
    I have thought of Willis more as an X than a Z. Decker seems more like a Z to me.

Leave a comment:

• MHSalute
    replied
    Willis makes a fine #4/5 WR, his play on ST justifies his roster spot. I do not see him being a #3, but is good enough to be the next man up in case of injuries. I do think Decker may be moved to the slot in the future. Not that he is a bad outside guy, but he may be more valuable in the slot if we can find a good WR this off season. Not sure Stokley will be back.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos-R-Great
    replied
    Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
    I want to see Caldwell play
    Why?

(10 Char)

Leave a comment:

• The Experience
    replied
    I'm not saying the guy is the next Wes Welker. But I think he has the potential to do for us what Stokely does right now. Manning obviously likes him, he looked his way quite a bit on sunday.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoooJohnson
    replied
    Originally posted by crash123go View Post
    i think he has potential to be that third receiver. He has always been a reliable pass catcher but needed to learn the game so he may be that guy for us
    True that he needed to learn the game, but I think that time frame lasted for about 2-3 years in the NFL.

If he was 23-24, I would be excited for his room to grow, but he ain't getting much better at 28 years old. (not saying he won't get better, but don't expect a breakout season)

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by dandaman23 View Post
    I've never been a big fan of Willis. He had some nice catches in the game, but didn't show me anything that led me to believe he is going to be anything special in the future. We can find a better cheaper slot receiver in the draft or free agency this off-season. I'd actually rather have Holliday playing offense than Willis.
    I think they need to get Holliday involved in the screen game.

Leave a comment:

• dandaman23
    replied
    I've never been a big fan of Willis. He had some nice catches in the game, but didn't show me anything that led me to believe he is going to be anything special in the future. We can find a better cheaper slot receiver in the draft or free agency this off-season. I'd actually rather have Holliday playing offense than Willis.

Leave a comment:

• assassin216
    replied
    I want to see Caldwell play

Leave a comment:

• broncos SB2010
    replied
    Originally posted by Fansince2000 View Post
    We have to remember he is playing with Manning. He could turn any WR into a stud.
    There are only 4 weeks left in the regular season. He hasn't turned Willis into a stud yet and there is no real incentive to bring Willis back when they can get younger guys with the same, if not more, potential pretty easily. I believe they will be looking for another WR in this draft and Willis will be a FA.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_Z
    replied
    Was he playing slot? I noticed DT was lined up in the slot on a few plays and willis was wide left.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X