Redzone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redzone

We are going to have to finish drives in the redzone if we are going to go deep into playoffs. If Mareno can keep giving us games like tonight that will help, that way we don't have to throw all three downs.

Moreno*....

Comment

Originally posted by Bronclifer View Post
      We are going to have to finish drives in the redzone if we are going to go deep into playoffs. If Mareno can keep giving us games like tonight that will help, that way we don't have to throw all three downs.
      Jacob Hester should help with the redzone problems next week if he is active.

Comment

I agree, I'm glad we pulled out the win, the game really wasn't as close as the score indicated. But we left so many points off the board. We will need to score TD's instead of FG's come playoff time.

Comment

How is it a problem when we 're in the top 6 in TD percentage in the redzone....I agree we should of score touchdowns when we got there tonight,but it hasnt been a problem all season....I dont understand the overreaction here....
          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

50 shades of Orton
            Now go get your shine box

Comment

You guys realize we did that on purpose tonight right?

Needed to get Prater out of his funk with a few confident boost chippies.

Comment

Not worried.

Although I am pissed cause I was at the game and hearing all these raiders fan was pissing me off. "Broncos are not going anywhere...one n out..Peyton is a choker...blah freaking blah"

I'm so irritated right now.

Comment

It is a legit concern especially when we want to try and run it in, but I do have faith in Manning. For whatever reason we don't seem to make plays for DT in the end zone as much as we should. He's a big body, we should be using him better down there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazindro View Post
                    It is a legit concern especially when we want to try and run it in, but I do have faith in Manning. For whatever reason we don't seem to make plays for DT in the end zone as much as we should. He's a big body, we should be using him better down there.
                    I get your concern but honestly I feel like we've been good so far. I'm gonna blame tonight's game on the short week hah.

Comment

We didn't score on I think 2 drives all game not counting the end of the game. Now of course I'd rather have touchdowns but our defense is good enough to where we can win scoring 26 ppg but I don't think 4 FGs and 2 TDs will end up being the norm for us, probably the opposite if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by assassin216 View Post
                        How is it a problem when we 're in the top 6 in TD percentage in the redzone....I agree we should of score touchdowns when we got there tonight,but it hasnt been a problem all season....I dont understand the overreaction here....
                        If there is a problem with our offense, good teams will exploit it. Being top 6 means nothing in the playoffs. If we have problems with pass protection and run blocking on the right side of our line teams will exploit that. I think that was primarily the problem tonight, both running and passing the ball.
                        "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lomax View Post
                          If there is a problem with our offense, good teams will exploit it. Being top 6 means nothing in the playoffs. If we have problems with pass protection and run blocking on the right side of our line teams will exploit that. I think that was primarily the problem tonight, both running and passing the ball .
                          I understand that,but people are freaking out just because we didnt score touchdowns....All season we've been doing very well in the redzone and all of a sudden people want to overreact over one bad night...I mean,every team have one of those games when it dont go for them in the redzone..

As,for the pass blocking,again its been solid for most of the year....The only time we've been having problems pass blocking is when Manny Ramirez is in the line up...We've been doing an excellent job,when Kuper is in the line up...Whenever,he comes back the protection will be alot better,until that happens we need someone to help Ramirez by leaving a tight end or running back on his side...

But the main problem,isnt the pass protection or redzone,its the inability to be aggressive when we have the lead...This is the second game,we got very conservative at the end of the game...I just dont understand it,because Houston and New England is going to come back and beat us,if we play that way...

The one thing you can say about New England and Houston in the playoffs is they're going to be aggressive for the whole game and will not stop until the game ends....But for whatever reason,once we get a lead the play calling gets conservative...I would like Fox to step on the opposing team's throat but I know that wont happened....
                          I support Kaepernick 100%

Comment

I believe that's Fox's influence. I can't say I disagree in this case, because we don't want Peyton taking unnecessary hits, especially in a game where he had already been sacked 3 times. Can you imagine Peyton getting a concussion on a hit when trying to run up the score? So I think they're just protecting the hundred million dollar QB in PFM.

But I do find myself wondering if our offense is really that potent because a lot of the production from our offense is only made possible by our defense getting the ball right back or from amazing Peyton Manning throws. We stall a lot of drives with the smaller details. Receivers not reading the defense right or linemen not picking up the blitz. It just seems sloppy overall to me, and it's not just this game. The offense hasn't really put a complete game together since the Saints.

We haven't yet seen what the offense can do if the game is a track meet, which we will probably have to face at some point in the postseason when our D is outmatched. Every game this season that we've allowed 27 or more points we've lost.
                            Last edited by Lomax; 12-07-2012, 12:04 AM.
                            "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

sigpic

Comment

It was all a plan to get Prater out of his funk. Seems to have worked
                              sigpic

2013,2014, and 2015 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey, Marvin Austin and Matt Paradis

Comment

Working...
                              X