Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did conservative Play lose the Superbowl for Fox in Carolina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    And the most overused statement on these boards: "we won't beat *insert team name here* playing like this"

Every game is different, and there aren't any powerhouses in the NFL. So, when people make that statement, are they talking about the Patriots that put up 50 points on the Colts, or the Patriots that almost lost to the Dolphins, Bills, Jets (first game, not butt fumble lol), or the Patriots that did lose to the Cardinals? Are we talking about Houston who killed the Ravens, or the Houston team that was blownout by the Packers, or the Houston team that should've lost to the Jags and Lions (thanks refs)?

As I posted in another thread, for any team to win the playoffs you have to get hot at the right time, and hope for some luck. Just look some of the past Super Bowl teams for examples.
    What you dont point out is that the teams that make it into the playoffs wont let you get away with just kicking FG's when you have the ball in the redzone. We know how dangerous teams like HOU and NE can be. Why be happy with FG's when this team has all the power in the world to put up major points anytime they want to.

I get that not every team plays their best week in week out but we have to be hitting on all cylinders if we want to lift that trophy at the end of the year!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      Once again the Oline is banged up and Moreno doesn't come close to cutting it and picking up blitzes and helping give Manning time.

It's a concern but its not a Fox issue. It's an injury issue.
      The O-line has had one injury and thats it. McGahee had only 4 TD's on the season so it wasnt like he was our TD machine or anything. Moreno is doing just fine in replacing McGahee, he is running tough, picking up blitzes and catching the ball out of the backfield. The redzone issue has nothing to do with Moreno, it has to do with being efficient and not making mental mistakes when it matters most!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
        Fail? The team goal is to win the super bowl. Not finishing off weaker teams is an obvious concern.
        Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
        The O-line has had one injury and thats it. McGahee had only 4 TD's on the season so it wasnt like he was our TD machine or anything. Moreno is doing just fine in replacing McGahee, he is running tough, picking up blitzes and catching the ball out of the backfield. The redzone issue has nothing to do with Moreno, it has to do with being efficient and not making mental mistakes when it matters most!
        You missed the point. Ramirez has been awefull on the line. Or did you miss the two Redzone sacks that caused two of the fg's? Or the Redzone pick that was a direct result of pressure forcing Manning to alter his throw at the last second?

And are you kidding me on Moreno being good at picking up blitzes? He wasn't even close so many times last night. It's a known fact he struggles with pass protection.

And I wasn't referring to a drop off in rushing. I was strictly referring to his ability to help the passing game. Which hurts in the Redzone.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyezOnZach27 View Post
          What you dont point out is that the teams that make it into the playoffs wont let you get away with just kicking FG's when you have the ball in the redzone. We know how dangerous teams like HOU and NE can be. Why be happy with FG's when this team has all the power in the world to put up major points anytime they want to.

I get that not every team plays their best week in week out but we have to be hitting on all cylinders if we want to lift that trophy at the end of the year!
          The only time this team has settled for field goals was last night, every other week they haven't had many problems scoring TDs, they're one of the best redzone teams in the league. Ultimately it was just two drives where they've should've scored, and one of those drives had two PI penalties that should've been called (Green getting tackled in the endzone).

They had a problem stopping the blitz last night, that was probably the biggest issue, but I'd much rather that problem gets exposed now when there is time to fix it, instead of in the playoffs.

Comment

And are you kidding me on Moreno being good at picking up blitzes? He wasn't even close so many times last night. It's a known fact he struggles with pass protection.
            No he doesn't. Moreno is very good in pass protection.

Comment

Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
              No he doesn't. Moreno is very good in pass protection.
              Then explain why Mike Mayock called him out multiple times specifically for being late on picking up the extra man on a blitz.
              sigpic

Comment

Then explain why Mike Mayock called him out multiple times specifically for being late on picking up the extra man on a blitz.
                Lol, Manning was literally pushing him where he needed to go

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
                  The only time this team has settled for field goals was last night, every other week they haven't had many problems scoring TDs, they're one of the best redzone teams in the league. Ultimately it was just two drives where they've should've scored, and one of those drives had two PI penalties that should've been called (Green getting tackled in the endzone).

They had a problem stopping the blitz last night, that was probably the biggest issue, but I'd much rather that problem gets exposed now when there is time to fix it, instead of in the playoffs.
                  I beg to differ...

vs. SD Nov. 18th
                  24-10 (score), 00:58 (start), 3 (Qrt), 05:15 (length), DEN 21 (yard), 10 (plays), 67 (yards), Field Goal (result)
                  - Now I see this as a perfect example of wasting a great drive that could have put the dagger in the heart of SD by scoring a TD.
                  27-10 (score), 09:10 (start), 4 (Qrt), 04:56 (length), DEN 29 (yard), 11 (plays), 57 (yards), Field Goal (result)
                  - Again another long drive that ate up clock and yards but couldn't finish it with a TD to put the game out of reach completely.

vs. TB Dec. 2nd
                  28-13 (score), 14:55 (start), 4 (Qrt), 07:19 (length), DEN 20 (yard), 14 (plays), 68 (yards), Field Goal (result)
                  - A drive that took forever, went most of the field and could have put this game away for good and you have to settle for 3 instead of 7.
                  31-13 (score), 06:13 (start), 4 (Qrt), 01:36 (length), TAM 35 (yard), 4 (plays), 6 (yards), Missed FG (result)
                  - This one hurt the worst!!! We get a gift and we turn it into NOTHING! Stuff like that CANT happen against playoff teams.

Look I LOVE that we are winning. But if I see a flaw in the team its because I want us to be able to work it out before the playoffs hit because we cant commit mistakes like this in the playoffs against teams that will fully take advantage. I know other teams have flaws as well but I focus on what OUR team can do to improve our own flaws and expose others teams flaws.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rst08tierney View Post
                    Can anyone remember how the Panthers lost the superbowl?

YES, I remember the field goal but please wipe any doubts from my mind that Foxes conservative "game management" lost the game for them.

It just kills me to watch the broncos play 2 qtrs. of football each week and shut the machine down.
                    I actually think the reason Fox lost the Super Bowl was because he throw the ball too much. Checked the boxscore to make sure my memory matches the stats. Jake Delhomme threw 33 times for 300+ yards and their Rbs had 16 carries, 53 of their 102 yards came on two carries but the thing about a running game in the playoffs is a team has to stick with it. Ideally a good running team wants 30 carries.

Wonder how the game would have played out if the QB had less incompletions (17 incomplete passes in 33 attempts) and the RBs had more carries. At the time Brady was not viewed as who he is now but if Car kept him on the sideline more maybe they win the game.
                    Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

The Broncos owned 11:55 of the 4th Quarter game clock against the Bucs. There are other ways of closing out a game besides scoring more.
                      "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

Working...
                      X