Knowshon Moreno had career-best 69 yards after contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon Moreno had career-best 69 yards after contact

good for second-most by a Broncos RB in past four seasons, and more yards after contact than he has had all season (57)
    http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=321206013

Solid game, Knowshon

Cool stat. Again, this is why we are fortunate to have Moreno right now, without McGahee. Hillman made some decent runs last night, but he rarely gains yards after first contact. He went one on one with a dback, and had plenty of time to deke whoever it was, but did not get past him. I am still surprised, given his so called "electricity". I'm sure he needs time to mature.

But for now, lets just be glad we got Knowshon. All I ask is that he continues to play as he has. Anything else is a bonus.

Comment

But wait...I'm constantly told he goes down after the first hit...do you mean that people might just be making up reasons to hate the kid? I could never see the fine people of these boards doing that.....

I love how people constantly find something to bash about him and half the time they are false. I've heard so many people talk about how he "goes down when someone barely touches him" and we see stats like this or the fact that his rookie year with no o-line people were blowing him up behind the line due to poor blocking and he was still making yards happen despite that.
      sigpic

Comment

Glad I picked him up for fantasy! First time this year one of my RBs has had a good game.

Comment

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
          But wait...I'm constantly told he goes down after the first hit...do you mean that people might just be making up reasons to hate the kid? I could never see the fine people of these boards doing that.....

I love how people constantly find something to bash about him and half the time they are false. I've heard so many people talk about how he "goes down when someone barely touches him" and we see stats like this or the fact that his rookie year with no o-line people were blowing him up behind the line due to poor blocking and he was still making yards happen despite that.
          He can go down without anyone hitting him actually.

sigpic

Comment

He had a big day in terms of the balance of our offense. If we can feed him 25/game, we will get good results. I would like to go back and see how many 20+ touch games he had across the past 3 years and how he fared in those games.
            #swapping

Comment

I haven't seen Knowshon run like this since the first six games of his rookie season. He has been putting in some work while benched this season. He looks gigantic too, like he has been working on becoming a bruiser, not just a fancy back that hurdled people in college. He still seems to trip over himself though, I don't know what that is all about, but it hasn't been as bad as it used to be. If he can ride out the rest of this season and keeps looking better every week, we may not have to look any further for more RBs this off-season.

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
                He still seems to trip over himself though, I don't know what that is all about, but it hasn't been as bad as it used to be. .
                Big Al on The Drive said this was because he's trying to do too much, and his body can't keep up...he just needs to chill out some.

Seemed reasonable.

X

Comment

He has been productive when ever he has been healthy. Many of us have mantained this. Those of us who suggested that he has the best all around skills on the team were laughed at or said we were crazy.

His biggest problems were health issues and fumbling. Although the fumble problems were greatly exaggerated. Simple fact is he has all around skills.

I am hoping he gets a better YPA cause that isnt good right now. He does get his feet tangled at times. I think sometimes he runs while he is too excited and that is what happens. Other times he is just stuffed.

Remember last year he was actually being quite productive when he had that knee injury.

Comment

Originally posted by FooserX View Post
                    Big Al on The Drive said this was because he's trying to do too much, and his body can't keep up...he just needs to chill out some.

Seemed reasonable.

X

I can see that, it's when he tries to make a pinpoint cut that he falls over. He looks good on his cut backs when he just plants his feet and takes his time, waiting for the hole to open. I think he just needs some training in patience. What I notice that he has improved in the most is his vision. He isn't just running straight into the pile anymore, hoping a hole opens up. He will wait a second and explode out of the hole, just like Mcgahee does, but with a bit more speed and some power. I am so glad he is finally making strides in becoming the first round back he was supposed to be.

Comment

Originally posted by FooserX View Post

Seemed reasonable.

X
                      When did Big Al say that? IIRC, after the BUCS game, Big Al and DMac were talking about Knowshon falling, and Big Al said that Knowshon falls alot because he runs on the side of his feet instead of running on the ball of his feet. I'll see if I can find the audio for you.

EDIT: Big Al starts talking about it at the 24:30 mark. Here's the title it's under

The Drive hour 2 12/3/12
                      Al and D-Mac re-cap the Buccaneers at Broncos game.

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/E....aspx?PID=1623

I just listened to it again and you are right about what you said, also. I missed that part.
                      Last edited by JayJack; 12-07-2012, 06:36 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoFanNC View Post
                        He can go down without anyone hitting him actually.

If you actually watch that play he did get tripped so...
                        A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Originally posted by Uglybass View Post
                          I haven't seen Knowshon run like this since the first six games of his rookie season. He has been putting in some work while benched this season. He looks gigantic too, like he has been working on becoming a bruiser, not just a fancy back that hurdled people in college. He still seems to trip over himself though, I don't know what that is all about, but it hasn't been as bad as it used to be. If he can ride out the rest of this season and keeps looking better every week, we may not have to look any further for more RBs this off-season.
                          I've been sayin it since he started again, he's finally starting to look like the first round running back he was drafted to be
                          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

Way to go Knowshon!

I have been a Knowshon detractor as historically he couldn't/wouldn't break tackles.
                            He must have read my posts. ;-)

He looked like tired ombre by the end of the game but way to go Knowshon!
                            That's what we need dude!
                            Last edited by False Start; 12-07-2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

I'll admit I was wrong about Knowshon. I've always thought he was talented and his pass catching ability made him valuable. However, since he was drafted, he was often injured and I never saw him put together consecutive games where he proved his talents. After the DUI with "sauced" on his license plates (which is slang for drunk), i felt his time may be up in Denver. I have to give him credit though, he played WELL the last two games. He was demoted to running the scout team earlier this season. To hang in there and wait for his opportunity says a lot about him. When his # was called, he stepped up big time. It seemed like we focussed on the run last night just to get him reps preparing for the playoffs. I'm proud and happy for Knowshon to go through this year and take advantage of the chance he got. If we can run consistently, we're in good shape going into January.

Comment

Working...
                              X