Moreno or McGahee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moreno or McGahee

Lets say Knowshon continues to play the rest of the season how he's played the last 3 games. When McGahee returns... who starts?

You can answer this as both who you want to start and who you believe the coaches will start.
    McGahee
    56.84%
    Moreno
    43.16%

I personally want Moreno to start. For those of you that know me, I'm a BIG Moreno fan and a BIG Moreno believer. It's good to see him having the type of success he had his rookie year. But he can add experience, maturity, and a healthier body to that. I think if we had Moreno as out RB of the future he would average 1500 yds/season, not counting receptions. McGahee is good, and I do like him. But I always thought he should backup Moreno. I think there are more creative ways to get Hillman in the game and make him a significant part of our offense.

Comment

Once Moreno gets on top of all the protection calls and gets used to being patient running behind his O-line, his production will get better, IMO. Big plus, he holds on to the ball real well. One less YPC, I will take that any day if it results in 1 less lost fumble a game.

As much as he has been playing scout team, it is totally different when you are there in the huddle as a starter. I definitely saw him a little more comfortable with his running yesterday than the previous game showing better vision and patience behind the blocks.

McGahee definitely has him in power and burst but Moreno will get better as the games go, IMO.
      Last edited by chad72; 12-07-2012, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post
        Lets say Knowshon continues to play the rest of the season how he's played the last 3 games. When McGahee returns... who starts?

You can answer this as both who you want to start and who you believe the coaches will start.
        KM would be it for now, and even if he plays @ the level hes playing when WM comes back, i would like them both to be in @ the same time .... That 1 2 punch would be a problem for teams...
        sigpic

Comment

Timeshare.

I want McGahee to continue.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Willis has a case of the fumbles.

The last thing I want is an Earnest Byner moment for the Broncos where they lose because of a fumble.

Willis is better and gets more yards but his production isn't so off the charts that it makes up for the fumbles he has been responsible for.

Comment

Whoever can hold onto the ball. Moreno did a great job last night in holding the ball with two hands.
              Team Broncos!
              2013 Adopt A Bronco Peyton Manning|#18|QB

Comment

Originally posted by ZeusOnEarth View Post

As Jim harbough once said...give it to the guy who has the hot hand.

Comment

Moreno for sure. Outplaying McGahee so fam. More production, less fumbles. Easier choice than many would try to paint it.

Comment

I like McGahee.. he's just tougher.. but the fumbles ARE problematic.. I'm not ready to crown Moreno after 2 games when I've seen Willis do it over the long haul.. but the fumbles ARE problematic

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                      Moreno for sure. Outplaying McGahee so fam. More production, less fumbles. Easier choice than many would try to paint it.
                      Moreno is good, plus he is also young and thus has better durable legs than mcgahee.

Comment

Moreno is averaging 3.6 YPC. McGahee was averaging 4.4 YPC. Moreno is almost a full yard behind McGahee. Unless the coaches fear more costly fumbles by McGahee, he will be the starter during the playoffs, especially because his experience will be extremely valuable. Conditioning might be another issue, since McGahee might not be in football shape.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Roddoliver View Post
                          Moreno is averaging 3.6 YPC. McGahee was averaging 4.4 YPC. Moreno is almost a full yard behind McGahee. Unless the coaches fear more costly fumbles by McGahee, he will be the starter during the playoffs, especially because his experience will be extremely valuable. Conditioning might be another issue, since McGahee might not be in football shape.
                          Moreno is aveeaging 3.8 in his starts, while still poor I put that on the team trusting him to grind out the clock in the 4th Q, which he has dome with 1-3 yard gains. Keeping the chains moving, and killing his YPC.

Comment

Moreno...Better ball security and poses a better threat to catch it out of the backfield IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                              Moreno is aveeaging 3.8 in his starts, while still poor I put that on the team trusting him to grind out the clock in the 4th Q, which he has dome with 1-3 yard gains. Keeping the chains moving, and killing his YPC.
                              McGahee had to do the same thing when he was the starter.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X