Moreno or McGahee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
    I guess you turn the channel before every play where Manning throws it to Moreno for a solid gain.

Give me 90 yards on the ground w/ 50 receiving yards over 120 yards on the ground w/ two fumbles.
    Mcgahees fumbles are about half of as many games as he has started this season but apparently you think he fumbles twice a game. Good math there.

Those 120 yards of mcgahee are consistent 4 to 5 yard carries while moreno gets carries of 2,3,10,4,3.15

Giv mcgahee 30 carries and he'll give you 150.

Comment

Originally posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
      90 yards on 30 carries...against bad teams. And that'll drop about another yard per carry against good defenses.

Woohoo...

Mcgahee all day everyday.
      Moreno had to play the best run defense in the league in one of his 3 games.

The Raiders also held Ray Rice, Tremt Richarson, Jamaal Charles, and several other RBs to worse YPC.

So, no.

Comment

Mcgahees fumbles are about half of as many games as he has started this season but apparently you think he fumbles twice a game. Good math there.

Those 120 yards of mcgahee are consistent 4 to 5 yard carries while moreno gets carries of 2,3,10,4,3.15

You're missing the point. Moreno gives the Broncos a solid running game and another legit weapon for Manning in the passing game.

McGahee has already fumbled 5 times on 160 carries, I think. That's a fumble about every 30 carries. I would prefer Moreno getting the majority of the carries.

Comment

McGahee fumbles once every 33 carries, Moreno does every 80.

If McGahee would get you 150, so would Moreno, since he and Moreno's career YPC are only 3 inches different.

Moreno is better, in all aspects of the game. The best part? He is only 25 and will only get better with playing time.

Comment

Another weapon in the passing game yes.. 3 yards a carry is hardly a solid run game.. Lance ball could do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
              McGahee fumbles once every 33 carries, Moreno does every 80.

If McGahee would get you 150, so would Moreno, since he and Moreno's career YPC are only 3 inches different.

Moreno is better, in all aspects of the game. The best part? He is only 25 and will only get better with playing time.
              Moreno isn't getting anybody 150 unless he has a spectacular game against a chiefs team.

It took knowshon 13 more carries to equal mcgahees 119 yard game earlier this season against the raiders.. Knowshon is lucky mcgahee is older and will be coming off an injury and with all that said i still wouldnt take him over mcgahee.

We will see how moreno performs in the raven game. Im guessing 18 carries for about 65 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                You are obviously biased, and should probably not post again on the subject.. Sauced? Grow up. Occassional fumble? McGahee averaged a league leading fumble every 33 carries! Moreno's pace is once every 80. Huge difference.

You do realize those TFLs were on the OL? Or do you blame Moreno for Ramirez whiffing immediately on the snap?

Uh, yeah there are several reasons we didn't succeed in the RZ or in goal to go, and none of the reasons are Moreno. McGahee was hardly succeeding there this year. He had 3 TDs in 16 attempts on goal to go down and distance. Moreno already has two TDs inside the opponents 10 on only 5 attempts. McGahee has also fumbled once this year in goal to go situations.

Looks like Moreno is playing like the better goal line back this year.

you just called someone biased? hahahah on a different Broncos forum site, the posters mock you because of how biased you are about moreno ahahah you have to be kidding me ahahahhahaha

Comment

Split them!
                  I personally think Moreno can catch and run better. (That 4th down drop in NE still kills me, Willis)

Could use a better two-headed attack
                  sigpic

Comment

I am still torn between McGahee and Moreno. If Moreno can keep improving then it is a pretty easy pick since age plays a huge part at how well these backs do.

If we could get Hester in the mix and runs some two back plays with both Hester and Moreno then that may be the solution to all our problems.
                    sigpic
                    Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
                    2016 Adopted Bronco - Derek Wolfe
                    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware - 2015 Adopted Bronco - Von Miller

Comment

Iff (that's the big factor) Moreno keeps on playing like this, there you go. McGahee imo is our best runner by far but isn't getting younger and had some fumble issues. Same for Moreno before he took over, but if he keeps playing like that and even improves his game we might have our new long term starter.

Nevertheless, I would prefer a healthy McGahee over Moreno at this point.
                      "Brady... drops back... sees receiver wide open... and throws it away"

Comment

Moreno has played just as well as McGahee, but doesn't have the boneheaded fumbles.

Comment

Working...
                        X