Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beat KC again.. We will have swept the division for the first time in over 10 years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beat KC again.. We will have swept the division for the first time in over 10 years

To be honest, I couldn't tell you the last time Denver has swept the division. I was checking it out on NFL.com and the website crashed when I was checking records backed up til 2000..

The closest we got was in 05 and we went 5-1 in the division.. still not a total sweep.

If Fox, Elway, and Manning pull this off.. our franchise will have its first sweep in over a decade..

That's really special

Such an accomplishment is not that common in the NFL.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

We were wondering about this last night. I think the only way we don't sweep is if they decide to rest the starters. I hope they don't. It's a pretty freakin' awesome feat!

Comment

Originally posted by MileHighMaven View Post
        We were wondering about this last night. I think the only way we don't sweep is if they decide to rest the starters. I hope they don't. It's a pretty freakin' awesome feat!

Nuff said!

Its going to be special. And even if they rest the starters.. I hope ol Brock will teach em who's been instructing the class.

Comment

The last time we swept our division was back in 1998. We all remember what happened that year!(or season anyway)

Some stats for Sam and Co. to take a gander at..

Edit..

Trivia question: What team swept the division but missed the playoffs?

First person to figure it out gets CP.
          Last edited by BroncosDivision; 12-07-2012, 01:54 PM.
          Adopted Poster
          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosDivision View Post
            The last time we swept our division was back in 1998. We all remember what happened that year!(or season anyway)

Missed playoffs huh...? The 2010 Oakland Raiders? ;D

Comment

How many of those Super Bowls were in the sweeper's QB's home town?
              Last edited by samparnell; 12-07-2012, 01:58 PM. Reason: clarification
              "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

I've got a feeling that the last game against KC might need to be won just for seeding in the playoffs, so I see us going full throttle agianst them in Mile High, ensuring a sweep...
                Raider Hater #1

Team TEBOW #32, Broncos Supporter for Life!

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                  Missed playoffs huh...? The 2010 Oakland Raiders? ;D
                  Damn you're quick boy!

"You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later."

I'll hit you up with some CP tomorrow though
                  Adopted Poster
                  AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Only the Faiders could sweep the division and miss the playoffs.
                    Raider Hater #1

Team TEBOW #32, Broncos Supporter for Life!

Comment

Originally posted by samparnell View Post
                      How many of those Super Bowls were in the sweeper's QB's home town?
                      "Sweepee"? Q in SD!
                      Adopted Poster
                      AZ Snake Fan

Comment

Damn you're quick boy!

"You have given out too much Contributor Status in the last 24 hours, try again later."

I'll hit you up with some CP tomorrow though
                        Much appreciated my friend.

I'll always remember the year that Oakland creamed the division.. and still laid an egg.. Lol.

Kinda sad really. In all truth they were the AFCW champions that year. But; as Mustang said.. only Oakland can mess that up

Comment

Haha ain't that the truth DM. That's why we all love to hate Raiders.

@Sam: I missed the QB part of that question. By home town, do you mean birthplace or franchise?
                          Adopted Poster
                          AZ Snake Fan

Comment

There's an outside chance that the KC game could be meaningless. The Broncos will, of course, need to win their next two (Balt, Cle), and the Patriots lose their next two, both games are tough (Hou, SF), the Broncos will lock in the second seed week 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post
                              Much appreciated my friend.

I'll always remember the year that Oakland creamed the division.. and still laid an egg.. Lol.

Kinda sad really. In all truth they were the AFCW champions that year. But; as Mustang said.. only Oakland can mess that up
                              Man, that takes sucking to a whole new level!

Comment

Working...
                              X