Could a loss be good for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could a loss be good for us?

I know the title of this thread sounds nuts, but hear me out. We've reeled off 8 in a row, and depending on whether we pick up a 1st round bye or not, to win the SB would me 13 or 14 W's in a row. That's a pretty big feat for any team.

So, could a loss in the next few weeks be a blessing in disguise for this team, or do I just have a big, fat case of overthinkasitis?
    Last edited by EddieMac; 12-08-2012, 09:27 AM.
    "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

You just have a big, fat case of overthinkasitis.

Comment

No, a loss next week would not be a good thing. It would prove that we still don't have what it takes to take on the upper echelon teams this year and come out with a win. Nothing makes me think a loss would be a positive thing.

Comment

I think the only loss that would be "okay", would be if we have absolutely nothing to gain from the KC game. No reason to risk injury if we have nothing to play for.

Though I bet it would be close game even if some of our stars sat out of the game or only played the first quarter or so.
        sigpic

Comment

sigpicthanks Freyaka

Comment

Players learn just as much from a win as a loss. Especially players lead by Peyton freaking Manning.

Just because winning that many games is extremely difficult in the NFL, doesn't mean that's the reason it wouldn't happen. A team is never "due" for a win or a loss. It's all about preparation and execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
              Players learn just as much from a win as a loss. Especially players lead by Peyton freaking Manning.

Just because winning that many games is extremely difficult in the NFL, doesn't mean that's the reason it wouldn't happen. A team is never "due" for a win or a loss. It's all about preparation and execution.
              Well put sir.....thanks for assuaging my crippling superstition
              "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

We better prepair.. Just watched the Raider game again... If a team catches the football like the Raiders dropped em... We're in trouble... So many dropped passes in wide open coverage.. We better clean up. Brady will have a field day.

Comment

People have often said this about teams that are making a run at a perfect season or maybe only have 1 loss and already have the #1 locked up while on a long winning streak. This team is neither of those, they're fighting tooth and nail for the #2 seed and it'll probably go down to the wire because even if the Pats lose a game. The Broncos can't afford to lose another one or they'll drop below the Patriots because of head to head. Having that bye week is too important to be worried about how the team is suppose to keep the winning streak going into the playoffs.

At best they will only have one week off because like I said, they'll probably have to play to win even in the very last game unless the Patriots drop 2 games in a row. So I don't think rust will be a issue like the past Manning led Colts team that would practically take a month off.
                  Last edited by Rice Eater; 12-08-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronc30td View Post
                    I know the title of this thread sounds nuckin' futs, but hear me out. We've reeled off 8 in a row, and depending on whether we pick up a 1st round bye or not, to win the SB would me 13 or 14 W's in a row. That's a pretty big feat for any team.

So, could a loss in the next few weeks be a blessing in disguise for this team, or do I just have a big, fat case of overthinkasitis?
                    You seem to be implying that a loss increases the chances of a win later. The fact that you have flipped a penny 3 times and it came up heads has no effect on the outcome of the next flip. As far as the psychological pressure involved, IMO nearly all the players and all the coaching staff have been there and done that. This is not their first rodeo.

Comment

I think a loss could be good

I think a 1st round playoff bye is better
                      Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

No, a loss would not be good. Denver has a chance at the #1 seed, if NE wins monday night that only leaves us a game back. Or, if the Texans win that puts us in at the #2 seed and we need to keep winning to solidify that spot.

Comment

Probability has no memory, say we don't get the first round bye, regardless of how we finish, we're just as likely to win the superbowl if we're 13-3 than 12-4, 11-5 etc
                          Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Comment

I can definitely see where the OP is coming from. I remember watching this NFL Videos thing on the Broncos near undefeated season on their way to the Super Bowl. After losing to the Giants Terrell Davis later said it was kind of like a needed shock to the system (not a direct quote lol).

However, we're not currently undefeated.

Also, look at the Packers last year. They lost late last year and obviously it did them no good as they soon blew it in the playoffs lol.

Id rather just fight for the "W" in every game and try to get a first round bye.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks Freyaka for the Sig! And Avatar!

Comment

In the player and coach interviews NOWHERE have I detected a feeling of invincibility. With that mindset the win streak should have no consequence.

Comment

Working...
                              X