No announcement yet.

Could a loss be good for us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When starting this thread, I certainly had our last SB season and the run at the perfect record in mind, and that is where the thought crept in I suppose. But sbxxxiichamps made an excellent point....we aren't undefeated and there isn't that pressure, and others reminded me that we are still a work in progress going forward....another good point.

Hopefully you guys and gals somewhat understand (and I think you do) what I meant when posing the question. I obviously would never hope for a loss, I simply tend to be the king of over-analyzing at times. I appreciate the well thought out responses, and good-humored shots taken at my Bronco-Manhood.

Go Broncos!!! You may commence the group beating now!
    "When the people fear their Government, there is tyranny. When the Government fears it's people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by bronc30td View Post
      When starting this thread, I certainly had our last SB season and the run at the perfect record in mind, and that is where the thought crept in I suppose. But sbxxxiichamps made an excellent point....we aren't undefeated and there isn't that pressure, and others reminded me that we are still a work in progress going forward....another good point.

Hopefully you guys and gals somewhat understand (and I think you do) what I meant when posing the question. I obviously would never hope for a loss, I simply tend to be the king of over-analyzing at times. I appreciate the well thought out responses, and good-humored shots taken at my Bronco-Manhood.

Go Broncos!!! You may commence the group beating now!
      :thumb:

The commonality is that we are all Bronco fans here. As an "old school" Mile High guy, I respect passion! Hopefully, we can all respect each other for being exactly that. Passionate!

Adamant feelings are what we have or we would not be here. (I rarely catch myself, until the next day, after I have been "celebrating".)

All you have to do is check out the forums of other teams to find out how sweet it is to be part of this one! (I will also guarantee you that your opinions are far more appreciated than some of mine.)

My vote is "keep up the good work" - and keep in mind the MODULATORs are out there somewhere doing something!
      Last edited by kevlar441; 12-08-2012, 06:47 PM.
      "Talk does not make a man ... only action can!"

Comment

No, a loss would be a terrible thing, and it would mean that this team shouldn't be in the playoffs at all.

I like how everyone acts like we would be terrible if we lost. Teams lose regular season games. It happens. I would LOVE to beat the Ravens in Baltimore though for the 1st time in our history. It would be big for us. Winning out would be quite a feat, but I hope we can do it. I'd like to know that we can beat a good team before heading to the playoffs. Plus I'd rather play the Pats at home in January, instead of on the road again. I am worried about getting a 1st round bye and having that momentum stopped. Kind of like when the Chargers started off 2-3, got the 2 seed, and then lost thier 1st playoff game after the bye. Hope that doesn't happen to us. I'm all for winning out though.
        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

I have a bad few days every time my Broncos loose, So No.

Comment

At this point, a lost won't help us at all. We're trying to get the #2 seed so that we can have a 1st rd bye. But I am one who believes that some loses are good ones, sometimes it helps gets the team back focused. Fortunately for us, we seem pretty focus, and we seem to take teams for granted, although we still haven't played our best game as a team. Hopefully we can start peaking at the right time in our quest to hoist the Lombardi.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X