Fun Fact about Tony Carter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun Fact about Tony Carter

Did anybody know he was the number 2 corner in the nation coming out of high school? Pretty crazy considering, from an NFL standpoint, he came out of nowhere.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...y-Carter-18402
    Fightin' Texas Aggie c/o '16

He was number #2 in Florida, not in the country.

He went to a pretty big school though, didn't he? ....Florida State, I just checked. He was all ACC.

It's cool that he's made such a big splash after bouncing in and out of rosters the last few years. I think he probably would have stuck with us a few years back if he hadn't been hurt.
    sigpic
    Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
      He was number #2 in Florida, not in the country.

He went to a pretty big school though, didn't he? ....Florida State, I just checked. He was all ACC.

It's cool that he's made such a big splash after bouncing in and out of rosters the last few years. I think he probably would have stuck with us a few years back if he hadn't been hurt.
      No. He was number 2 in the country....

and the only one ahead of him was Ted Ginn Jr.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...Year=2004&qs=1

Comment

My bad...I read it wrong. I had no idea Ginn use to be a corner. Ginn is lighting fast. I think he ran a 4.28 at the combine.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          My bad...I read it wrong. I had no idea Ginn use to be a corner. Ginn is lighting fast. I think he ran a 4.28 at the combine.
          Yup and he was the national champion in the 110 hurdles. He even played with Troy Smith in high school, where Ginn's dad coached them both, and it was the plan for them to go to OSU together the whole time

Comment

This is interesting stuff

Do not wanna take away anything your trying to do but keep in mind all players in the NFL are elite althetes. There are special ones like Von Miller, Barry Sanders and players like them but most players in the NFL were amazing athletes in HS or even college....yea even the undrafted ones.
            Time to build on the win and grow the team from some solid play higher level of play

Comment

No wonder why he is so good all of a sudden

Comment

its pretty cool to see these rankings from when they were coming out of high school.

Arian Foster a 3 star. Lynch and Peterson were the top 2 backs. Peyton Hillis was a 4 star fullback.

Early Doucet ranked ahead of 4 star Calvin Johnson. Eddie Royal was a 4 star

Pro-Bowl Center Alex Mack was a 2 star.

whoa. Robert Ayers was a 4 star INSIDE linebacker

Comment

Originally posted by Hadez View Post
                  This is interesting stuff

Do not wanna take away anything your trying to do but keep in mind all players in the NFL are elite althetes. There are special ones like Von Miller, Barry Sanders and players like them but most players in the NFL were amazing athletes in HS or even college....yea even the undrafted ones.
                  That's true, but at the same time the statistic in conversation is a ranking, meaning he was better than every corner in the NFL that graduated in the year 2004.

Comment

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                    its pretty cool to see these rankings from when they were coming out of high school.

Arian Foster a 3 star. Lynch and Peterson were the top 2 backs. Peyton Hillis was a 4 star fullback.

Early Doucet ranked ahead of 4 star Calvin Johnson. Eddie Royal was a 4 star

Pro-Bowl Center Alex Mack was a 2 star.

whoa. Robert Ayers was a 4 star INSIDE linebacker
                    I agree, I like to look up every player we draft every season, not to make a judgement, but to get some perspective. Players like Chris Harris, who was a 2 star, have always had a chip on their shoulder. Some players bust out because they fail to see the need to get better. Always fun to see either way.

Comment

http://rivals.yahoo.com/cincinnati/f...ek-Wolfe-64072

2 stars

Comment

im looking back at the classes looking for some broncos. a couple i found.

Eric Decker- 2 star. Our Practice Squad player Greg Orton was ahead of Decker.
                        David Bruton- 3 star

Knowshon- 4 star
                        Demaryius- 3 star
                        Orlando Franklin- 4 star OT
                        Jeremy Beal- 4 star DE

Von Miller 4 star DE. Not a Bronco but JJ Watt was a 2 star DE in same class.

Comment

Wow he's dumb haha. 720 SAT score. Mine was double his.

Good thing he can understand football.
                          Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

And what happened to all of those other guys? I haven't even heard of 95% of them.
                            Go Broncos!!!:thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by Iron Clady View Post
                              And what happened to all of those other guys? I haven't even heard of 95% of them.

*Gently and silently takes off hat. Stares at the ground as if watching my feet. Takes a moment of silence*

Comment

Working...
                              X