X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool if I chill here?

Elephant in the room:
    Originally posted by THEdraftnik View Post
    Y'all colts fans know this primarily is a broncos forum right?
    Sorry, but you guys have my quarterback.

After watching Polian ravage my team and Peyton's chance at a dynasty, Caldwell throwing a playoff game against the Jets and a Super Bowl against the Saints due to his incompetence, and then Caldwell and Polian (and Irsay?) pulling their starters in 2009 essentially spitting in the faces of their fans and players... I owe the Colts nothing. Then to drop Manning for Luck was the icing on the cake--though I don't fault them entirely for this... after everything else leading up to it it makes me even more bitter. That team would be playing in LA right now if it weren't for Peyton Manning. In short, while the Colts front office has angered most Colts fans for the better part of a decade, I will never forgive them for 2009. It means my fandom priority list changed from 1) Colts, 2) Peyton Manning 3) underdog teams, to 1) Peyton Manning, 2) Broncos, 3) Colts (born in Indy), 4) underdog teams.

Really though, I couldn't be happier that Peyton landed with the Broncos under Elway. I've always liked the Broncos. a), I've always been a fan of Elway (second to Marino of course), not just as a football player but as a person--no joke, I've met more than one person who's met John and said he is one of if not the most polite, friendly, and down to earth celebrities they've ever met. b), I admired John Elway for giving Tebow a chance in spite of sports media tearing into the poor kid day in day out--speaks to his character. c), I LOVED how the Broncos dealt with McDaniels when he tried to bring that spygate crap to Denver.

I think you guys have a good organization and a good team, in talent and in character, honor, and integrity. I think Manning came to this team for a reason! Dude, he's PFM.
    fumpa.mybrute.com

If you were a true colts fan you'd be excited in the direction your heading and not coveting your neighbor (so to speak).

Everyone's welcome here.
    sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by LoserSlick View Post
      It means my fandom priority list changed from 1) Colts, 2) Peyton Manning 3) underdog teams, to 1) Peyton Manning, 2) Broncos, 3) Colts (born in Indy), 4) underdog teams.

You aren't the only one.
      Goodbye Colts, hello Broncos!

Comment

I still never understood how someone can claim they were a diehard fan of a team, and then 1 player is gone, and they are no longer a fan of that team. But I'm not 1 to judge. Just different I guess and not how I am.

But welcome Its fun to have Peyton around now. Hopefully he can be the 1st QB to win a superbowl with 2 different teams.
        :salute: :goz: :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
          If you were a true colts fan you'd be excited in the direction your heading and not coveting your neighbor (so to speak).

Everyone's welcome here.
          I am excited for Andrew Luck, he's is a stand-up kid and he's incredibly talanted. I didn't say I wasn't excited for the Colts. They are a brand new team from the GM down--I simply don't know them that well yet. It's basically back to when I was in elementary school watching Harbaugh at the RCA Dome and the Colts were new to Indianapolis. Like I don't need a team to identify with for the sake of comradery; I judge teams and players by the content of their character. Your team has good character. And your team also has my quarterback.

Sorry bro, I'm a Broncos fan.
          fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosPWNn00bs View Post
            I still never understood how someone can claim they were a diehard fan of a team, and then 1 player is gone, and they are no longer a fan of that team. But I'm not 1 to judge. Just different I guess and not how I am.
            Sorry man, I don't think you understand what it was like in Indy when I was growing up. The Colts were NOBODIES. No history. No involvement with the community. It was Reggie Miller, the Hoosiers, and then oh we have a football team now? I didn't betray anything. Peyton Manning and the Colts slowly crept into our hearts *tear* and then Polian and Caldwell turned around and spat on us. End of story. They have a new team and a new GM, it's on them to win us back.

The Broncos signed Peyton and now I'm tied to your team forever. But really it's not entirely because of Manning I guess. Like if Peyton signed with the Patriots (silly because he'd never do that--in fact, Peyton hates the Patriots for the same reasons I do, though he'd never say it in public) I wouldn't support them--I'd still watch their games but with a cold shoulder. Peyton signed with your team because you have class, integrity, and competence.
            fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Sorry bro, I'm a Broncos fan.
              It sounds like you're a Peyton Manning fan, with all this talk of "you have my quarterback". There's nothing wrong with that, by the way; but it does mean that if he left tomorrow, so would you. And when he retires, I'm betting you go back to the Colts to enjoy Luck hitting his prime. If you don't, then that's fantastic. Everyone finds "their" team a different way. But just from reading your first few posts, that's the impression I get.

I'm not trying to stop you from feeling welcome here. Really, I'm not. It's just... after all the new Broncos "fans" we saw last year (most of whom, you'll notice, are no longer with us)... it's a bit of a touchy subject. In general, I hate this back-and-forth about what constitutes a real fan; however what it tends to come down to is whether you're supporting the name on the front of the jersey more than you are the name stitched on the back.

But, hey. As long as we all want the Broncos to win on Sundays - for whatever reason - I'm sure we'll get along fine.
              sigpic
              - ★ -
              2012 Adopt a Bronco : Joe Mays

Comment

John Elway is widely known as one of the biggest butt holes in Denver, by the way.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post

Everyone's welcome here.
                  I'd like to see where the definition of a "true" fan is anywhere on planet earth that is considered sacred.

It's just sports. It's entertainment. People have a right to root for whoever they want, whenever they want. Flavor of the day, life-long with one team, and everything in between. They are no more or less a fan than anyone else.

Snobbish fans and their little exclusive groups. It's a business. Every team wants to expand their fan base. If it takes Peyton Manning to do it...be excited that Denver's added a few more feathers to the cap. More fans = more revenue, bigger market share, and more FA talent may want to go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Doogansquest View Post
                    I'd like to see where the definition of a "true" fan is anywhere on planet earth that is considered sacred.

It's just sports. It's entertainment. People have a right to root for whoever they want, whenever they want. Flavor of the day, life-long with one team, and everything in between. They are no more or less a fan than anyone else.

Snobbish fans and their little exclusive groups. It's a business. Every team wants to expand their fan base. If it takes Peyton Manning to do it...be excited that Denver's added a few more feathers to the cap. More fans = more revenue, bigger market share, and more FA talent may want to go there.
                    "Fan" is short for "fanatic", which by design is usually meant to be exclusive.

Let's all just be fans of every team in the NFL, sounds like a blast!

sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Originally posted by Sync View Post
                      It sounds like you're a Peyton Manning fan, with all this talk of "you have my quarterback". There's nothing wrong with that, by the way; but it does mean that if he left tomorrow, so would you. And when he retires, I'm betting you go back to the Colts to enjoy Luck hitting his prime. If you don't, then that's fantastic. Everyone finds "their" team a different way. But just from reading your first few posts, that's the impression I get.

I'm not trying to stop you from feeling welcome here. Really, I'm not. It's just... after all the new Broncos "fans" we saw last year (most of whom, you'll notice, are no longer with us)... it's a bit of a touchy subject. In general, I hate this back-and-forth about what constitutes a real fan; however what it tends to come down to is whether you're supporting the name on the front of the jersey more than you are the name stitched on the back.

But, hey. As long as we all want the Broncos to win on Sundays - for whatever reason - I'm sure we'll get along fine.
                      lol So it's "you're not one of us, but you're cool to hang here for a bit?"

Sorry man, you just really don't understand what we went through in Indy. Maybe I could have articulated it better but after re-reading my posts, I think it's unfair to call me a fairweather or Peyton Manning fan. With such bizarre circumstances, you can't define it with cliche. It is unnameable!

Again, you don't understand what we've been through. lol I'm like a homeless person man--show some compassion! Think of me as a stray golden retriever limping across a 5 lane highway... in the rain... with my favorite chew toy hanging out of my mouth... halfheartedly wagging my tale between my legs... with semi-trucks bearing down on me... on a Wednesday. Would you rescue me or would you keep on driving? And if you did rescue me, would you be like "hey man, you can chill at my place, but you're not my dog." Let me be your dog, bro. Let me be your dog.
                      fumpa.mybrute.com

Comment

Elephant in the room:

Sorry, but you guys have my quarterback.

After watching Polian ravage my team and Peyton's chance at a dynasty, Caldwell throwing a playoff game against the Jets and a Super Bowl against the Saints due to his incompetence, and then Caldwell and Polian (and Irsay?) pulling their starters in 2009 essentially spitting in the faces of their fans and players... I owe the Colts nothing. Then to drop Manning for Luck was the icing on the cake--though I don't fault them entirely for this... after everything else leading up to it it makes me even more bitter. That team would be playing in LA right now if it weren't for Peyton Manning. In short, while the Colts front office has angered most Colts fans for the better part of a decade, I will never forgive them for 2009. It means my fandom priority list changed from 1) Colts, 2) Peyton Manning 3) underdog teams, to 1) Peyton Manning, 2) Broncos, 3) Colts (born in Indy), 4) underdog teams.

Really though, I couldn't be happier that Peyton landed with the Broncos under Elway. I've always liked the Broncos. a), I've always been a fan of Elway (second to Marino of course), not just as a football player but as a person--no joke, I've met more than one person who's met John and said he is one of if not the most polite, friendly, and down to earth celebrities they've ever met. b), I admired John Elway for giving Tebow a chance in spite of sports media tearing into the poor kid day in day out--speaks to his character. c), I LOVED how the Broncos dealt with McDaniels when he tried to bring that spygate crap to Denver.

I think you guys have a good organization and a good team, in talent and in character, honor, and integrity. I think Manning came to this team for a reason! Dude, he's PFM.

Welcome, but he's not your QB, he is our QB.

Comment

I believe I can understand what the OP is saying. Peyton basically built the Colts as there were cellar dwellers before Peyton arrived. The Colts owe their good fortune to Peyton Manning, and should have shown a little more loyalty towards their saver. In the end it is just business and business never show any loyalty. I know fans don't generally look at the business side of football, but had the Colts kept Manning they would have owed him like 14 mil and they had no guarantee that Peyton would have been able to come back like he did. They had the chance to get Luck and he was simply to good of a prospect to pass up and he would have never sat behind Peyton Manning. So it comes down to simple math; with a healthy Manning they would have been contenders for maybe 5 years, with Luck they figure to be contenders for 12+ years. Of Course by having neck suguries and being out of football for a year, Peyton bought the Colts an additional 12 years of a future. The Colts should have shown a little more appreciation for what Manning did for them.
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you do, because it sounds more like drunken posting than anything. Sorry, no offense to the OP. but that last post is all over the place.

Comment

lol So it's "you're not one of us, but you're cool to hang here for a bit?"

Sorry man, you just really don't understand what we went through in Indy. Maybe I could have articulated it better but after re-reading my posts, I think it's unfair to call me a fairweather or Peyton Manning fan. With such bizarre circumstances, you can't define it with cliche. It is unnameable!

Again, you don't understand what we've been through. lol I'm like a homeless person man--show some compassion! Think of me as a stray golden retriever limping across a 5 lane highway... in the rain... with my favorite chew toy hanging out of my mouth... halfheartedly wagging my tale between my legs... with semi-trucks bearing down on me... on a Wednesday. Would you rescue me or would you keep on driving? And if you did rescue me, would you be like "hey man, you can chill at my place, but you're not my dog." Let me be your dog, bro. Let me be your dog.
                              Like I said, everyone's welcome here. No one should slam you for who you are or what you like.
                              sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                              X